ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs -saveourchiefs.com- Start a "Fire Pioli" chant... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265432)

Mr_Tomahawk 10-20-2012 09:04 AM

-saveourchiefs.com- Start a "Fire Pioli" chant...

I mentioned this in the sticky threads, but they did not get much feedback. Perhaps because it is a stupid idea.

But...

Just like our touchdown, tomahawk chop, and ...Kansas City Chiefs, "FIRST DOWN" chants; maybe we introduce a new chant during certain points of the game. This chant could be a simple "Fire Pioli" chant that occurs when we punt or the opponent scores a TD.

The chant can be thrown up on the saveourchiefs.com FB page and -maybe- if enough people go for this, it just may catch on as fans spread throughout the stadium begin this chant...hopefully those around them follow along and this becomes a new chant...

Dumb idea? Never going to work?

Mods, I don't care if this is merged into the sticky thread at the end of the day. I just wanted to get some feedback about it...

Cassel needs more carries.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-20-2012 09:06 AM

Maybe "no more Pioli"....that rolls off the tongue a bit easier if you are going to chant it. :p

Simplicity 10-20-2012 09:07 AM

I'm down for it when I go down to the Chiefs/Colts game.

Rasputin 10-20-2012 09:09 AM

It's a great idea if enough people chant should catch on.

pr_capone 10-20-2012 09:24 AM

hey hey

ho ho

Scott Pioli has got to go.

notorious 10-20-2012 09:28 AM

"Fire Pioli" will sound like "IIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"

It's a good idea, but we need something a little cleaner to chant.

Rausch 10-20-2012 09:29 AM

This whole idea is something that can build slowly over time.

Perhaps only 600 people show up in black. That's fine. Odds are they'll be spread throughout the stadium and as people ask them WTF is up with the black they get to spread the word where it needs to be - in Arrowhead.

You get a couple hundred people on board this week it could double or triple the next week as the word is spread and the movement hits the radio and other media...

Mr_Tomahawk 10-20-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9032456)
"Fire Pioli" will sound like "IIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"

It's a good idea, but we need something a little cleaner to chant.

Yeah....

That is why suggested the "no more Pioli" one. "Pioli" itself is just not very chant-friendly.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-20-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9032458)
This whole idea is something that can build slowly over time.

Perhaps only 600 people show up in black. That's fine. Odds are they'll be spread throughout the stadium and as people ask them WTF is up with the black they get to spread the word where it needs to be - in Arrowhead.

You get a couple hundred people on board this week it could double or triple the next week as the word is spread and the movement hits the radio and other media...

I'm thinking with the number of followers saveourchiefs.com has; a couple hundred of them may attend the games and take part in the chant...maybe?

The hope is that they are dispersed throughout the stadium enough that the chant will catch on with their neighbors who will then take part. As you said, 600 people may participate in the blackout...and it is unlikely that their neighbors will be carrying around a spare black shirt to jump on board. Where the chant...if there are 600 people, it's easier to jump on board...

Canofbier 10-20-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9032453)
hey hey

ho ho

Scott Pioli has got to go.

That could work. Gives people a rhythm to follow so it doesn't sound like gibberish.

notorious 10-20-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9032459)
Yeah....

That is why suggested the "no more Pioli" one. "Pioli" itself is just not very chant-friendly.

"**** Scott" would be pretty easy to make out. ;)

teedubya 10-20-2012 09:36 AM

"New G-M"

notorious 10-20-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9032468)
"New G-M"

This is good.

"Clean House" would be good, too.

Rausch 10-20-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9032462)
I'm thinking with the number of followers saveourchiefs.com has; a couple hundred of them may attend the games and take part in the chant...maybe?

The hope is that they are dispersed throughout the stadium enough that the chant will catch on with their neighbors who will then take part. As you said, 600 people may participate in the blackout...and it is unlikely that their neighbors will be carrying around a spare black shirt to jump on board. Where the chant...if there are 600 people, it's easier to jump on board...

I agree. I just don't think people should expect immediate results. This is something where you might not see a big turnout right after the seed is planted but once it's taken hold it might grow like ****ing kudzu.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-20-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9032467)
"**** Scott" would be pretty easy to make out. ;)

Ha...yeah. I wanted to stay away from the "Pioli Sucks" chants to avoid as much negative publicity as possible...