ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   EDIT: Sean Taylor shot, has died (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175368)

Ultra Peanut 11-26-2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins
There exists a situation where he has both been an asshole in the past and was a totally innocent victim here.

I know it's hard for some people to disassociate from their preconceived notions that bad things can happen to shitty people at times, but, such is life.

But he was arrested once. Innocent people don't get robbed.

JBucc 11-26-2007 02:16 PM

The burglar either has really bad, or really good aim.

dirk digler 11-26-2007 02:29 PM

Quote:

TAYLOR "CLINGING TO LIFE" by Michael David Smith

Jason La Canfora of the Washington Post reports that Sean Taylor's lawyer describes the Redskins safety as "clinging to life" after losing massive amounts of blood when he was shot early this morning.

Per the report, attorney Richard Sharpstein, speaking from Miami's Jackson Memorial Hospital, said Taylor is "nonresponsive and unconscious" and the doctors are "worried about a possible brain injury or death."

Sharpstein described Taylor's family and doctors as worrying that Taylor may have lost oxygen to the brain as a result of blood loss from being shot in the femoral artery in the thigh.

"They're waiting to see if he comes to," Sharpstein said. "Right now he's clinging to life and we're all praying he makes it."

siberian khatru 11-26-2007 02:36 PM

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/brea...ry/320910.html

A week before Washington Redskins player Sean Taylor was shot in his Palmetto Bay house, a burglar broke in, rifled through his things, and left a knife on a bed inside his house, according to police records.

Eight days later, noises in the dark spooked Taylor and his girlfriend. It turned out to be their worst nightmare.

At least one armed intruder had broken into the $900,000 Palmetto Bay house of the star NFL player and were at his bedroom door. Taylor rose from bed to investigate. Just outside his bedroom, he was shot in the groin and critically wounded. He collapsed back into the room, where he breathed heavily as blood gushed from his wound, according to Taylor's lawyer and family friend, Richard Sharpstein.

Iowanian 11-26-2007 02:38 PM

Thats a shitty deal all around.

Its really too bad this story isn't about a dead burglar being removed from his home.

dirk digler 11-26-2007 02:40 PM

Sad story indeed.

Frazod 11-26-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief
Profootball player and doesn't have an alarm system....

he's a target with jewelry, cash, toys.

That was my first thought. Especially after somebody had already broke in a few days ago.

ClevelandBronco 11-26-2007 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian

Its really too bad this story isn't about a dead burglar being removed from his home.

I'd go for a wounded and bleeding-out burglar being airlifted from his home, but I'm essentially with you.

bowener 11-26-2007 03:25 PM

Man this sucks. he may have trouble coming back from this. Money can afford great surgeons however, as can the Redskins franchise, personally I just hope he is able to walk with both legs and retain all mental abilities. I have a friend whose little brother wrecked the 4-wheeler and ran the handlebar through his thigh and ruptured his femoral artery. He was pretty young, maybe 9 or 10. He was about dead when they got him to the hospital (turned blue). It has a happy ending however, they repaired it and now he has no troubles and plays all sports (very well). So lets all hope the same happens here.

Also, how long till the idiot who shot him brags about it and gets caught/shot?

Best of Wishes to the Taylor family.

Phobia 11-26-2007 03:38 PM

Is it possible that Mr. Taylor was dating Deidra Lane?

wutamess 11-26-2007 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Is it possible that Mr. Taylor was dating Deidra Lane?

I had a class with him where we went to school with him (Lane College).
He was cool peeps.

Obnoxious, but what star athlete at any school isn't?

ClevelandBronco 11-26-2007 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener
Also, how long till the idiot who shot him brags about it and gets caught/shot?

Could be tonight, could be as long as it's been since some fool shot and killed Darrent Williams.

stumppy 11-26-2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian

Or from his neighbors yard.:D

Mr_Raider 11-26-2007 04:43 PM

Moorman, was that you? LOL. J/K. I really hope he makes it just because he is a new Dad.

MIAdragon 11-26-2007 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan
A $900,000 house in the "pretty close" ghetto?

yup