ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Someone called and threatened to kill my wife about an hour ago (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141947)

pr_capone 06-07-2006 08:47 PM

Someone called and threatened to kill my wife about an hour ago

Someone called my house and said to my wife "Hello.... if you hang up this phone I will kill you". She hung up.

I immediately called Cox who we have our phone service with. Unfortunately we dont have caller ID (even if we did, the number would prolle be blocked anyways). I was told to dial *57 and the number would be trapped and traced. I was then to call the police and the number would be released.

Cox is now refusing to release the phone number to the police officer until tommorow morning. In the meantime I am at home with nothing more than a baseball bat and will be up through the night (or at least sleeping lightly) waiting for some motherfu*ker to try something.

I realize that more than likely it is some punk kid making a prank call, but I'm not willing to bet my wife's life on that.

JBucc 06-07-2006 08:50 PM

Ah...I was gonna make a joke but that would be a little too mean. Just shoot anything that moves.

Mr. Kotter 06-07-2006 08:51 PM

Weird, man. You are right, probably some prank. I think I'd be going to a hotel....at least a decent drive away....for the night, just to be sure.

Iowanian 06-07-2006 08:55 PM

*69 the prick....

chiefs4me 06-07-2006 08:56 PM

I agree with Kotter, stay somewhere else for the night, do you have children??

Mark M 06-07-2006 08:57 PM

You didn't just register at a Chiefs site based in northeastern PA, did you?

Seriously, though, and not to be insulting: What is your or your wife's past? Any crazy ex-wives / husbands / girlfriends / boyfriends / etc., that would make you think it was legit?

If not, my guess it's just some punk ass who thinks he's funny.

MM
~~:eek:

wazu 06-07-2006 08:58 PM

I suggest sharpening the bat into a poking device of some kind.

Iowanian 06-07-2006 08:58 PM

Thats a line from the movie "phone booth".

I think someone is just effin with you man.

I suppose the "better safe that sorry" is the safest.
Nights like this, I'd simple load a shotgun and put it under the bed next to the .40 with 1 in the hopper.

Boozer 06-07-2006 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter
Weird, man. You are right, probably some prank. I think I'd be going to a hotel....at least a decent drive away....for the night, just to be sure.

At fifty or sixty bucks, a hotel room is really cheap insurance for this situation. Just keep a good eye out on the drive over.

tk13 06-07-2006 09:01 PM

I was about to say, are you sure leaving is a good idea? If there is someone and they're hiding outside somewhere, you're in trouble.

ChiefsFire 06-07-2006 09:02 PM

i gotta Glock .40 id be more than happy to lend out

Mr. Kotter 06-07-2006 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boozer
At fifty or sixty bucks, a hotel room is really cheap insurance for this situation. Just keep a good eye out on the drive over.

Yeah....I thought about that too; recommend finding a short, well-traveled, very public, and well-lighted TWO lane highway, to see if anyone follows you.:shake:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
I was about to say, are you sure leaving is a good idea? If there is someone and they're hiding outside somewhere, you're in trouble.

I'd say it depends on where he lives: Lenexa type suburb, or acreage in the the middle of nowhere....:shrug:

Mr. Laz 06-07-2006 09:04 PM

time to spend the night at a hotel or friend

Frazod 06-07-2006 09:06 PM

It's probably bullshit.

But perhaps it's time to avail yourself of your Second Amendment rights.

BigOlChiefsfan 06-07-2006 09:07 PM

I'm sorry for your troubles, good luck to you and bad luck to your prankster.

Here's some info on self defense for after this blows over.