ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Post Pioli, are we looking at a full rebuild? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264693)

SAUTO 10-05-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8979883)
Unless we hire a GM who has a hard-on for Iowa Hawkeyes or midgets from the SEC, I'm thinking he'll have a lot of work to do.

We can certainly use an upgrade at several positions, and a 1-3 record (and getting curb-stomped in the losses) bears that out.

How many hawkeyes and midgets from the sec are on our team?
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 10-05-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8980060)
Beyond the coaching what are they?

Feel free to read my posts, as well as the posts of others in this very thread.

OnTheWarpath15 10-05-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8980065)
Posted via Mobile Device

About 5 too many.

jd1020 10-05-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8980067)
Feel free to read my posts, as well as the posts of others in this very thread.

I have. Maybe you could elaborate on them because beyond Cassel and Crennel there's no reason this team can't become an immediate contender.

Titty Meat 10-05-2012 05:21 PM

The new GM is going to need to gut the D-line, Fix the depth at safety, and figure out what they have at WR outside of Bowe.

jd1020 10-05-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8980077)
The new GM is going to need to gut the D-line, Fix the depth at safety, and figure out what they have at WR outside of Bowe.

Figuring out what to do with the QB will sort out the "issues" with the WRs.

SAUTO 10-05-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8980072)
About 5 too many.

Lol. I don't think we are that far off even at that. A great qb would mask much of the issues, but I think I'm preaching to the choir here
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 10-05-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8980075)
I have. Maybe you could elaborate on them because beyond Cassel and Crennel there's no reason this team can't become an immediate contender.

You're in denial.

You're also the newest addition to my ignore list.

This roster is stacked alright - stacked with guys that would be role players on legitimate SB contenders.

As much as I'd LOVE to blame everything on Matt Cassel, I can't, because it's far from all his fault.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-05-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8980065)
Posted via Mobile Device

Need more midgets

SAUTO 10-05-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8980086)
You're in denial.

You're also the newest addition to my ignore list.

This roster is stacked alright - stacked with guys that would be role players on legitimate SB contenders.

As much as I'd LOVE to blame everything on Matt Cassel, I can't, because it's far from all his fault.

All super bowl contenders NEED role players too.

You have stated many times that NO team has all pros across the board, but if it has a qb you have something.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 10-05-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8980060)
Beyond the coaching what are they?

The roster is fine as is. Our entire defensive line and interior offensive line is a giant mess of high-end draft picks who should be playing a lot better than they are by now. Spending ANOTHER round of top-end picks on those positions would be a real goddamn nightmare. Let's just say we could stand to upgrade them some time in the next two years.

Other than that, all we really need are upgrades to FS (Lewis is a broke dick), ILB, and backup OLB. If we sign one GOOD veteran to stabilize the CBs, our depth will be just fine there.

I guess it really depends on Bowe and Albert. If we keep them both and find our QB, we could start raping faces as early as next year. If we keep one or the other, we're still good to go. If we lose both, it might be a year or two.

OnTheWarpath15 10-05-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8980089)
Need more midgets

If Pioli sticks around, maybe we'll starting taking them in R1 instead of R2.

SAUTO 10-05-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8980089)
Need more midgets

With big black
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 10-05-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8980096)
All super bowl contenders NEED role players too.

You have stated many times that NO team has all pros across the board, but if it has a qb you have something.
Posted via Mobile Device

Of course you need role players.

But a roster full of them?

SAUTO 10-05-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8980097)
The roster is fine as is. Our entire defensive line and interior offensive line is a giant mess of high-end draft picks who should be playing a lot better than they are by now. Spending ANOTHER round of top-end picks on those positions would be a real goddamn nightmare. Let's just say we could stand to upgrade them some time in the next two years.

Other than that, all we really need are upgrades to FS (Lewis is a broke dick), ILB, and backup OLB. If we sign one GOOD veteran to stabilize the CBs, our depth will be just fine there.

I guess it really depends on Bowe and Albert. If we keep them both and find our QB, we could start raping faces as early as next year. If we keep one or the other, we're still good to go. If we lose both, it might be a year or two.

Agreed. I have said multiple times sign Bowe and Albert and trade our entire next two drafts for Geno Smith
Posted via Mobile Device