ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who would you want as our next HC: Billick, Cowher or Gruden? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264570)

kcxiv 10-05-2012 12:17 AM

Again, he still did it for WHATEVER reasons you want to throw out there. He still had the passion to come back after that long and win. Hell, he even had the Chiefs at 13 and 3 after he left St Louis. Oh well.

Anyways, We all know its gonna be a ****ing Pioli buddy system hire if he's still around which he probably will as he has 1 more year left.

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 8978326)
Again, he still did it for WHATEVER reasons you want to throw out there. He still had the passion to come back after that long and win. Hell, he even had the Chiefs at 13 and 3 after he left St Louis.

His "passion" was hooking up his friends with final paydays

No playoff wins, one playoff appearance but worse, a roster in need of serious repair.

He ****ed the Chiefs bigger than Levy, Mackovic, Schottenheimer, Gunther and Edwards COMBINED.

chiefs1111 10-05-2012 01:26 AM

None of them

Predarat 10-05-2012 06:50 AM

Billick the Prick

htismaqe 10-05-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8978321)
Because it is a MB and we deal in hypotheticals here. I like to hear others opinions and take the good and bad from all perspectives.

I agree with you Dane.

Personally, I couldn't justify hiring him, despite his accolades. Not only are our philosophical beliefs different but our backgrounds and evaluations processes are different (again, this is from the GM perspective)

However, worst case scenario, if Cowher somehow was hired, I think that him coming into our 3-4 personnel and his experiences as a head coach/in KC wouldn't serve as a hindrance.

His having won a Super Bowl would be a hindrance though.

Unless you're suggesting Cowher is good enough to become the only coach in NFL history to win one with 2 different teams.

CaliforniaChief 10-06-2012 05:00 PM

I've changed my mind. I originally wanted Rob Ryan. I would still be ok with him. But I've decided I want someone else:

David Shaw.

The guy played WR at Stanford under Dennis Green and Bill Walsh.
His dad was a coach (in KC once).
He's been an Assistant Coach in the NFL for three teams.
He's coached under Jim Harbaugh.

He has a great track record of developing players, and would be perfect as a HC to develop a drafted franchise QB (he's been a QB coach).

To say his players are smart is a bit redundant as he coaches at Stanford.

Nonetheless, I think he'll be a helluva head coach in the NFL, and I'd love to see him in Kansas City. He looks good in red. (EDIT: And he just turned 40...perfect age/temperament)

Imon Yourside 10-06-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8970515)
Come on guys... think forward. Quit clinging to the past. It's a different game, and these guys were phased out of it for a reason. We need a new, fresh approach. We need a coach who will understand the future of the game of football, not what it was 15 years past.

There is really nothing new under the sun, we just need someone who can win despite the cheapass owner. I really don't want Cowher though, he had some bad teams in Pittsburgh. I would like to have Gruden and that's about it off of this short list.

Kylo Ren 10-06-2012 05:21 PM

Cowher or Gruden would bring instant creditility to KC and both would change the attitude of the team to lean and mean.

Bowser 10-06-2012 05:24 PM

What is the success rate of reaching the Super Bowl for retread coaches on their second or third team?

DaneMcCloud 10-06-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 8982796)
Cowher or Gruden would bring instant creditility to KC and both would change the attitude of the team to lean and mean.

Credibility? With whom? The fans?

:facepalm:

Yeah, great. It would be awesome if cHunt appeases the fans instead of hiring the best possible head coach and coaching staff.

ChiefsSuckBalls 10-06-2012 06:18 PM

LOL