ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tom Heckert: Likely new GM... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268409)

ROYC75 01-03-2013 02:05 PM

Clayton says it's all but done ........ same crap as all the other outlets. Pioli will be out.

All other trips canceled.

the Talking Can 01-03-2013 02:05 PM

Reid isn't coming to KC to work with a piece of shit failure like pioli...the 'patriot way' is being purged

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-03-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9274831)
Reid isn't coming to KC to work with a piece of shit failure like pioli...the 'patriot way' is being purged

Is it really? Why does that ****er still have a job, then? I have to tell you in all honesty that I am NOT liking the way things are looking right now. Not at all.

htismaqe 01-03-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9274872)
Is it really? Why does that ****er still have a job, then? I have to tell you in all honesty that I am NOT liking the way things are looking right now. Not at all.

Are you serious?

It's been 72 hours and they've spent the last 36 inking the biggest name available for coaches.

They're working on transition. Schefter is now saying that if it's NOT Heckert, it will be Dorsey.

Pioli is gone.

FloridaMan88 01-03-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9274789)
I tend to think Pioli would be out, but at least one person close to the Patriots speculated that Pioli might survive if Reid joins KC.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...tball-thoughts

It really comes down to whether Reid thinks Pioli is a good talent evaluator and can work with (and under) Reid in the same way he worked with (and under) Belichick. Another Boston sportswriter, Greg Bedard (who is relatively new to Boston and is not a Patriots toady) said on sports radio last week that "if you ask around the league, the general consensus is that he has upgraded the talent in Kansas City and has done a pretty good job with that roster, though obviously he has missed in the critical coach and quarterback spots" (not a direct quote, but very, very close).

Not what you guys want to hear, I know, but that's what I've been hearing up here anyway.

Factually incorrect... Fat Scott hasn't upgraded the roster.

This analysis comes from people who look at the roster and see the 5 Pro Bowl players, without understanding that 4 of those 5 Pro Bowl players were on the roster BEFORE Fat Scott arrived.

Monty 01-03-2013 02:19 PM

Dammit Heckert!!! :cuss: /first in

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-03-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9274885)
Are you serious?

It's been 72 hours and they've spent the last 36 inking the biggest name available for coaches.

They're working on transition. Schefter is now saying that if it's NOT Heckert, it will be Dorsey.

Pioli is gone.

1) I'll take your word because my webz time is somewhat limited these days.

2) Glenn Dorsey might possibly be an upgrade at GM...

Amnorix 01-03-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9274826)
All things being equal, that may have been the case if Reid's agent wasn't Bob LaMonte. Being that his agent is Bob LaMonte, as well as Heckert's, and that Pioli's agent isn't Bob LaMonte, it is fairly likely that LaMonte insisted that Heckert be included as part of the deal.

The only way Pioli would survive is if someone else hired both Heckert and Dorsey, which would mean that LaMonte wouldn't need to worry about those guys getting paid...

You think Andy Reid's AGENT controls who Andy has as a GM?! Yeah, no.

Amnorix 01-03-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9274823)
Well Clark is picking the coach so that part gets solved. As far as finding a QB? The new coach can get that done. Scot needs to go. The situation here is totaly toxic for him. I don't see how he could be productive here after everything that has happened.

I think if Andy Reid thinks Pioli is a good talent evaluator and has put in a good scouting department/team in KC etc. that he will keep him, and the "toxic environment" gets fixed once he starts winning.

You gotta understand that guys like Belichick, Reid and Pioli think that the fans opinions are IRRELEVANT because it all gets fixed by winning, and nothing is forgiven if you're losing.

Amnorix 01-03-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9274829)
Clayton says it's all but done ........ same crap as all the other outlets. Pioli will be out.

All other trips canceled.

Again, I'm not advocating or rooting for anything. I honestly don't care. I'm just acting as the messenger for two different Boston sportswriters.

the Talking Can 01-03-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9274947)
I think if Andy Reid thinks Pioli is a good talent evaluator and has put in a good scouting department/team in KC etc. that he will keep him, and the "toxic environment" gets fixed once he starts winning.

You gotta understand that guys like Belichick, Reid and Pioli think that the fans opinions are IRRELEVANT because it all gets fixed by winning, and nothing is forgiven if you're losing.

unless reid is reeruned, he knows - like everyone else - that pioli is a cancer and a failure....

"hey clark, I'd like to hitch my future to that GM you hired who is responsible for creating a 2-14 team..."

Amnorix 01-03-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9274885)
Are you serious?

Pioli is gone.

Keep in mind that it's January and the draft is like four months away. It would make perfect sense for Reid to keep Pioli around through the draft, to make sure he has the benefit of Pioli's team's work on the upcoming draft, and then let him go after the transition period is complete.

You guys are acting like if Pioli doesn't get the sword TODAY then the Chiefs are screwed. If I were Reid, I'd probably at least keep the guy through the draft anyway, even if he has ZERO input on anything else.

Gravedigger 01-03-2013 02:31 PM

Pioli is dead to this fanbase, he's done.

O.city 01-03-2013 02:32 PM

Dude, people here with direct knowledge of the situation are saying that Pioli is done here in KC.

DaneMcCloud 01-03-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9274947)

Pioli ****ing SUCKS. He's decimated this roster, hired shit coach after shit coach and is a ****ing tyrant.

**** Pioli. **** 'em hard and **** 'em dry.

Most of all, get him the **** out of Kansas City.