ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What precedents are there for the Peters trade? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314074)

DaFace 02-23-2018 02:41 PM

What precedents are there for the Peters trade?

Just trying to come to terms with the fact that we're trading arguably the best CB we've had in my lifetime because he's a bit of a head case. Are there other examples in the NFL where a top-five player at his position has been traded because he's a bit nuts? If so, how did it work out?

Randy Moss comes to mind. Maybe Aqib Talib. But I'm not sure those rise to the level of this.

Rain Man 02-23-2018 02:46 PM

Jared Allen, perhaps? But Jared actually carried some legal risk.

I despise trading good players for draft picks. The hit rate on draft picks means that you have to get lucky to break even.

Eleazar 02-23-2018 02:47 PM

Well, if he tried to fight coaches and security personnel and if he asked to be traded anyway, then it is a fairly unprecedented situation all the way around.

DaneMcCloud 02-23-2018 02:47 PM

Patrick Surtain was a 3 time Pro Bowler, first and second team All Pro in three years before he was traded to the Chiefs.

His production dropped off so dramatically after he was traded to the Chiefs that you'd think the Dolphins sent the wrong player.

oaklandhater 02-23-2018 02:54 PM

https://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/wo...tml/?a=viewall

Houston Oilers give away Steve Largent

For some strange reason, the Houston Oilers were never truly sold on Largent. They selected him in the fourth round of the 1976 NFL Draft, and actually planned on releasing the future Hall of Famer before he even played a down of football for them during the regular season.

The Oilers would trade Largent to the Seattle Seahawks in exchange for an eighth-round draft pick in what would ultimately go down as one of the worst NFL trades of all time. As history would have it, Largent would go on to be named All-Pro seven times, earn seven Pro Bowl selections, lead the league in receiving yards twice, catch 819 passes for 13,089 and 100 touchdowns, and get inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Quesadilla Joe 02-23-2018 02:57 PM

Denver traded Brandon Marshall when he was 25 for a couple of second rounders.

oaklandhater 02-23-2018 02:59 PM

Washington Trading Champ Bailey in his prime for a RB also seems pretty terrible looking back on it.

Rain Man 02-23-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13432719)
Well, if he tried to fight coaches and security personnel and if he asked to be traded anyway, then it is a fairly unprecedented situation all the way around.

Ray Lewis laundered a murdered man's blood from his shirt and wasn't traded. Von Miller was named as a witness in a mass murder because he had been with the murderers that day. Aaron Hernandez was killing people in the concession area of Gillette Stadium (or something like that). Surely the Chiefs can figure out how to manage some fisticuffs.

BWillie 02-23-2018 03:05 PM

Didn't Terrell Owens get traded for being a dbag?

KranzDictum 02-23-2018 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 13432749)
Washington Trading Champ Bailey in his prime for a RB also seems pretty terrible looking back on it.

That was over money, not because Champ was fighting coaches and being a head case. Plus Washington got Portis who had some great seasons for them though not for as long as Champ did.

KranzDictum 02-23-2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe (Post 13432742)
Denver traded Brandon Marshall when he was 25 for a couple of second rounders.

Also traded Cutler because he got into with mCd the day they talked (did they actually meet or was that over the phone) at Dove Valley.

Both guys were head cases, I would argue that Marshall was the better player and I think a lot of people would agree but Jay was going into only his 3rd year as a QB at the time but never performed at the level of other guys mentioned in this thread.

Molitoth 02-23-2018 03:09 PM

Deion Sanders?

Tombstone RJ 02-23-2018 03:13 PM

I personally think that KC probably got next year's first, and this years 2nd and 3rd?

DaneMcCloud 02-23-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 13432818)
I personally think that KC probably got next year's first, and this years 2nd and 3rd?

Please explain how the Chiefs could have acquired the Rams 2nd round pick, when that pick has already been traded to the Bills.

TIA, Butt****.

Tombstone RJ 02-23-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13432874)
Please explain how the Chiefs could have acquired the Rams 2nd round pick, when that pick has already been traded to the Bills.

TIA, Butt****.

So, this year's first and third?