ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Steve Sarkisian new Washington Huskies Head Coach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197848)

chiefs1111 12-04-2008 08:46 PM

Steve Sarkisian new Washington Huskies Head Coach

according to ESPN News

Mecca 12-04-2008 08:53 PM

Well I guess we'll see if he fares any better than the rest of the USC assistants that have taken Head coaching jobs.

OnTheWarpath15 12-04-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5270477)
Well I guess we'll see if he fares any better than the rest of the USC assistants that have taken Head coaching jobs.

I thought Orgeron did a pretty damn good job recruiting, but it didn't necessarily translate into wins in the toughest conference in CFB.

If you haven't already, read the book Meat Market.

It shows how ****ing difficult it is to get kids to come to Ole Miss, and what a damn good job Orgeron did considering the circumstances.

Good read for anyone interested in an inside look into college recruiting.

Mecca 12-04-2008 08:58 PM

Well everyone is jizzing over the job that Houston Nutt is doing there now.

All I gotta say is I hope SC hires someone that knows what they're doing I'm not ready to deal with another new guy just learning how to be an OC.

OnTheWarpath15 12-04-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5270488)
Well everyone is jizzing over the job that Houston Nutt is doing there now.

All I gotta say is I hope SC hires someone that knows what they're doing I'm not ready to deal with another new guy just learning how to be an OC.

I think what Nutt has accomplished has a lot, if not all to do with the foundation Orgeron created.

I know this:

I'd be perfectly content with Ed Orgeron as our DL coach instead of Krumrie. The Saints found themselves a great coach, IMO.

Mecca 12-04-2008 09:02 PM

I'm sure you could pull several college coaches out that would be upgrades over what we have.....cmon Ken Norton Jr is the USC LB coach, is there anyone that wouldn't think he'd be an upgrade?

OnTheWarpath15 12-04-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5270490)
I'm sure you could pull several college coaches out that would be upgrades over what we have.....cmon Ken Norton Jr is the USC LB coach, is there anyone that wouldn't think he'd be an upgrade?

True.

Any names you're expecting to get a look for the USC gig?

Mecca 12-04-2008 09:05 PM

I'm sure someone will talk about Chow coming back......firstly I'd say what OC's aren't tied down because calling plays at SC is a great way to set yourself up a ton of talent easy to make yourself look good for a head coaching gig, that is if they go outside the program..

For all I know Carroll may promote some young guy from within.

The Bad Guy 12-04-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5270491)
True.

Any names you're expecting to get a look for the USC gig?

I bet Yogi Roth gets a look. Yogi is currently their QB/quality control guy.

Yogi went to high school about 10 minutes from where I grew up in PA. Worked his ass off his entire life and is now reaping the benefits.

Mecca 12-04-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5270496)

Yogi went to high school about 10 minutes from where I grew up in PA. Worked his ass off his entire life and is now reaping the benefits.

I've heard that some....Carl Smith is another guy who's name I'm seeing get thrown out, these are all in house guys.

OnTheWarpath15 12-04-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5270496)

I was going to ask Mecca who he thought would be the top in-house candidate, Roth or John Morton.

Mecca 12-04-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5270501)
I was going to ask Mecca who he thought would be the top in-house candidate, Roth or John Morton.

Those 2 with Carl Smith are probably going to be the top 3 in house guys....yes someone will toss out Brennan Carroll as a joke but it's not likely.

The only thing I know for a fact is any big time hot shot coordinator that runs a shotgun spread like Gus Malzahn won't be given a look, Pete will never run that kind of offense.

The Bad Guy 12-04-2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5270501)

I think it would be incredible for Roth considering he's only 27 years old and has networked his way to an OC job at a major U in just a short amount of time.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-04-2008 10:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm really ****ing excited about this hire. I'm glad UW is going to go the young, up and coming route, rather than the old, I've had 3 years of success at another program, route. Neuheisel killed this program. Willingham didn't do what I thought he would. Hopefully Sarkisian will bring my Dawgs back to the top of the Pac 10. GO DAWGS!!!!!

Mr. Flopnuts 12-04-2008 10:11 PM

P.S - Washington's AD will not confirm or deny that Sarkisian has been hired.