ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Whitlock with a good article on the Riley Cooper situation (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275008)

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-02-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9852650)
. Myself, a Caucasian who grew up in the hood in North Carolina, who spent many days running home from the bus stop because I was white, especially during the Rodney King riots, I have very little understanding of this. One day when playing pick up football in my neighborhood, after being called a cracker, honky, whitey all day long, laid out a guy on a pass play, and said something to the affect of, "keep your black ass down." 7 boys none white, beat my ass down.

They actually beat your ass down because of your affinity for game managers.

Iowanian 08-02-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9852868)
If he's dumb enough to let it get under his skin, throw him off his game, or make him act stupid they should.

He's a ****ing football player - not an international diplomat.

Wait....so it doesn't count if he's insulted?
He's just a football player and not a diplomat? Then why is he being paraded around on an apology tour to keep his job?

Discuss Thrower 08-02-2013 10:53 AM

In b4 HoustonWhodat calls someone a ninja

Mav 08-02-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9852937)
They actually beat your ass down because of your affinity for game managers.

You could never beat me down period. You will always think you have won verbal sparring. Congrats......That's the only beating down of anyone you have ever done.......Take it how you want it. Just don't let your ego run too wild.

Its funny, the only qb that is wearing a chiefs uniform that I have AN AFFINITY FOR, play wise, is BRAY......

and to the THEY part. They beat me down because I loved STEVE YOUNG? He was the 49ers qb at the time.

Rausch 08-02-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9852884)

Ex. Rauch, you're a big, fat German.

Uh, yeah...

Rausch 08-02-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9852939)
Wait....so it doesn't count if he's insulted?
He's just a football player and not a diplomat? Then why is he being paraded around on an apology tour to keep his job?

HE made that decision.

It may not be fair but his employer clearly felt that's what he needed to do.

He can always choose to be employed elsewhere...

Mav 08-02-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9852868)
If he's dumb enough to let it get under his skin, throw him off his game, or make him act stupid they should.

He's a ****ing football player - not an international diplomat.

you are thinking about this as a one sided equation. Its not about getting under someones skin. I know it, when I went to the line of scrimmage as a wide receiver, I heard im shutting your white ass down regularly. If I was to walk up to a black receiver, and say im shutting your black ass down. Im a racist......

Its a stupid stigma that has been accepted.......

Rausch 08-02-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9853037)
you are thinking about this as a one sided equation. Its not about getting under someones skin. I know it, when I went to the line of scrimmage as a wide receiver, I heard im shutting your white ass down regularly. If I was to walk up to a black receiver, and say im shutting your black ass down. Im a racist......

Its a stupid stigma that has been accepted.......

Did it bother you?...

Mav 08-02-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9852886)
I just watched the movie 42. They say the N word a million times as well as in Django unchanined. I think this is far more repulsive. Put on a rap record and it is filled with it- but does that make it okay since they are black? I guess I don't understand- the word is offensive and demeaning no matter who says it IMO.

Of course. They embrace the word, its like us saying BRO, or dude to each other, but how dare anyone not of their race say it. If you aren't comfortable saying it to anyone, it shouldn't be said period.....

Mav 08-02-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9853038)
Did it bother you?...

Motivated me. Ive always been short, white and couldn't jump. Never bothered me, my competitiveness always got me by.

I always loved walking into a gym full of brothers, and hearing, don't let the white kid shoot. That was a proud moment......

But no, racial undertones like that typically didn't bother me, what made me laugh, was when schooling the shit talker, and hearing his teammates clown him because the white boy made him look like shit.

The Franchise 08-02-2013 11:18 AM

:spock:

TEX 08-02-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9852886)
I just watched the movie 42. They say the N word a million times as well as in Django unchanined. I think this is far more repulsive. Put on a rap record and it is filled with it- but does that make it okay since they are black? I guess I don't understand- the word is offensive and demeaning no matter who says it IMO.

WRONG! Blacks CAN get away with saying it because they are black and have experienced racism first hand from their own unique perspective. The rest of us aren't qualified because we are not black and do not understand. The media will tell you that. On the flip side, often times if blacks say something racist against whites, it's acceptable because that's how they talk so its not "really" meant as racist. The media will tell you that as well. There is clearly a double standard in this country regarding who says what and can get away with it but don't dare suggest that because then YOU will be considered RACIST. CLEAR???

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-02-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9853027)
You could never beat me down period. You will always think you have won verbal sparring. Congrats......That's the only beating down of anyone you have ever done.......Take it how you want it. Just don't let your ego run too wild.

Its funny, the only qb that is wearing a chiefs uniform that I have AN AFFINITY FOR, play wise, is BRAY......

and to the THEY part. They beat me down because I loved STEVE YOUNG? He was the 49ers qb at the time.

http://i.imgur.com/fRpJ0H9.png

Mav 08-02-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9853049)
WRONG! Blacks CAN get away with saying it because they are black and have experienced racism first hand from their own unique perspective. The rest of us aren't qualified because we are not black and do not understand. The media will tell you that. On the flip side, often times if blacks say something racist against whites, it's acceptable because that's how they talk so its not "really" meant as racist. The media will tell you that as well. There is clearly a double standard in this country regarding who says what and can get away with it but don't dare suggest that because then YOU will be considered RACIST. CLEAR???

Can I ask a question? What part of slavery, did any NFL player active today, have a perspective from to experience from it?

MLK wanted badly for both whites and blacks to move away from the animosity that was built over a word. When people still use it as a common slang you are defeating that purpose. You are hanging on to a negative that really has nothing to do with anyone alive today.

The original word was a derogatory word used to display the unequalness between slaves, and their owners. The slaves then embraced the word as their own, but for us to come together as a country, we have to move past such terms.

It seriously is blowing my mind that while Donte Stallworth killed a guy, Leonard Little killed a guy, yet they were barely blips on the radars as far as being public enemy number one, yet a word, a VERY STUPID ACT BY A DRUNK STUPID IDIOT, has incited this much of a controversy.....Unbelievable......This is getting more backlash, than the George Zimmerman trial, or that woman who got off in Florida.

Mav 08-02-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9853057)

Very, cant you tell?