ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports *** Official USA vs Belgium World Cup Game Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284720)

Rausch 07-02-2014 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10727598)
There's a gulf of difference between participation trophy culture and seeing a paraplegic take his first steps and responding 'pfft, my 3yo can walk, get back to me when you register your first 4 minute mile.'

Quote:

I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker,
And I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker,
And in short, I was afraid.

Rausch 07-02-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10727603)
I was so proud of John Isner for going to the 4th round of Wimbledon. Feliciano Lopez was just too tough for him (even though he promptly lost next match). The Euros are just too good at Tennis. We are making progress. Right??

No.

We have more pure athletes playing soccer.

We, clearly, in no ****ing way, are making progress at playing the game any better...

Bearcat 07-02-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10727598)
There's a gulf of difference between participation trophy culture and seeing a paraplegic take his first steps and responding 'pfft, my 3yo can walk, get back to me when you register your first 4 minute mile.'

Yeah, there's no need to fluff egos after a loss, but the whole 'failure isn't an option' is kind of dumb.... I mean, the other team thinks that, too. A healthy fear of failure is good, but making it such a terrible, terrible thing holds people back. Tip your cap and move forward.

Baby Lee 07-02-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10727600)
Sorry but this team is far from a paraplegic and they and Belgium were similarly ranked...they got ****ing dominated on the field.

1. It's hyperbole to prove a point, and I'd submit my excesses in that regard in that particular post pales in comparison to 'we're Merkah, if we ain't kicking Euro-pansy-ass 24/7 I ain't hearin' it.'

2. Rankings are shit, have been for a while.

3. Between their speed on offense, their touch in the midfield, the stoutness of their defense, and Lukaku in their pocket, they were going to dominate in all likelihood. It wasn't the US failing, it was the US meeting a premiere team firing on all cylinders. The US wearing them down into extra time is probably the most effective probing of their Achilles heel to date.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-02-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10727606)
No.

We have more pure athletes playing soccer.

We, clearly, in no ****ing way, are making progress at playing the game any better...

But but but you gotta be proud for those 30 shots allowed and 20 percent possession man.

notorious 07-02-2014 10:58 AM

It's just a matter of time before the U.S. wins a World Cup.

I am guessing it will be within the next 20 years, too.

Baby Lee 07-02-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10727609)
But but but you gotta be proud for those 30 shots allowed and 20 percent possession man.

You're like the guy with the 4 inch penis and bacne in Bum**** Idaho who's saving his sexual prowess for Beyonce.

For the amount of attention we pay and resources we devote to soccer in America compared to other places we are fighting way out of our weight class. And you're pissed that Mickey Ward didn't beat the shit out of Mike Tyson in his prime.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-02-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10727608)
1. It's hyperbole to prove a point, and I'd submit my excesses in that regard in that particular post pales in comparison to 'we're Merkah, if we ain't kicking Euro-pansy-ass 24/7 I ain't hearin' it.'

2. Rankings are shit, have been for a while.

3. Between their speed on offense, their touch in the midfield, the stoutness of their defense, and Lukaku in their pocket, they were going to dominate in all likelihood. It wasn't the US failing, it was the US meeting a premiere team firing on all cylinders. The US wearing them down into extra time is probably the most effective probing of their Achilles heel to date.

It's more about the excuses then anything. People acted like they were playing two men down or some bullshit. The better team one for sure, but that still isn't something to celebrate. Lots of improvement needed.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-02-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10727613)
You're like the guy with the 4 inch penis and bacne in Bum**** Idaho who's saving his sexual prowess for Beyonce.

For the amount of attention we pay and resources we devote to soccer in America compared to other places we are fighting way out of our weight class. And you're pissed that Mickey Ward didn't beat the shit out of Mike Tyson in his prime.

Oh please ROFL enjoy jerking off to the result of well whatever was supposedly accomplished (Germany pushing Portugal shit in)

Baby Lee 07-02-2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10727617)
It's more about the excuses then anything. People acted like they were playing two men down or some bullshit. The better team one for sure, but that still isn't something to celebrate. Lots of improvement needed.

I assume you will devote the next four years of your life treating American soccer players like royalty, following their every move, making sure they are the best paid players on the planet, and making sure their every exploit makes front page headlines.

Because Euro and SA PGM will be.

Chest Rockwell 07-02-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10727569)
Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost, and will never lose a war... because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/a.../1433377_o.gif

Pasta Little Brioni 07-02-2014 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10727612)
It's just a matter of time before the U.S. wins a World Cup.

I am guessing it will be within the next 20 years, too.

Win? Shit man if a round of 16 causes BL to be Randy marsh after getting the Internet back a round of 8 and his load will reach orbit.

WilliamTheIrish 07-02-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 10727553)
So don't read it.

Where the **** do you think you are?! JFC, we have threads here about mass tragedies where people do nothing but post puns about the victims. Yet you expect soccer to be treated BETTER?!

Again, where the **** do you think you're posting and why the **** did you expect anything different?!?!

Why would I not read it? It's in the thread.

You seem really upset.

Baby Lee 07-02-2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10727626)
Win? Shit man if a round of 16 causes BL to be Randy marsh after getting the Internet back a round of 8 and his load will reach orbit.

I'm not ecstatic about the result, I'm not even happy with it, but game appreciates game, and I recognize that it was a matter of Belgium beat us, not we shit on our own shoes. Further, that final 15 minutes was the best sustained offensive pressure the US has ever exhibited. That actually was some Netherlands, Germany, Brazil level shit. We had to wear them the **** out to get there, but we got there.

WilliamTheIrish 07-02-2014 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10727626)

Did you not, just a few months ago, refer to MU's loss in the SECCG as equal to a Final Four?

"Participation Medal"!!!!!!