ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***2012 NHL Offseason Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260753)

Predarat 12-06-2012 09:13 AM

Me too but it looks better then it did. The problem is when the shitheads Bettman, Leopold and Fehr get involved.

KC_Lee 12-06-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9184158)
I hate to be ChiefsandO'sfan, but...

Kevin DeLury
‏@TheNYRBlog
Source telling me NHL podium in hotel is for press conference tomorrow announcing CBA agreement.

Steve Burton
‏@WBZSteveBurton
#CBA negotiations are strenous, but are closer and closer. Fans will have NHL hockey by Christmas, very likely games on Christmas day.

Matthew Barnaby
‏@MattBarnaby3636
Just got a text from owners side that his guess is season starts on dec 26th.

Take it all with a grain of salt, but sounds promising.

:grovel:

Bearcat 12-06-2012 09:25 AM

They could still get in 50 games, probably more by making up some games during the All Star break.... but, I'm pretty 'meh' about it at this point.

I picture Bettman and Fehr in a room full of people... posturing, using the media, etc; then after several months of this, they look around and notice they're the only people left in the room, and they're forced to come to the same conclusion as everyone else, which is about a 50/50 split.

Dumbasses.

DaFace 12-06-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9184809)
They could still get in 50 games, probably more by making up some games during the All Star break.... but, I'm pretty 'meh' about it at this point.

I picture Bettman and Fehr in a room full of people... posturing, using the media, etc; then after several months of this, they look around and notice they're the only people left in the room, and they're forced to come to the same conclusion as everyone else, which is about a 50/50 split.

Dumbasses.

Sounds like it was almost the opposite of that. They looked around and realized that they were the only ones left, so they bailed out and got a completely new group to come in and work it out.

Pushead2 12-06-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9184860)
Sounds like it was almost the opposite of that. They looked around and realized that they were the only ones left, so they bailed out and got a completely new group to come in and work it out.

Correct

ChiefsCountry 12-06-2012 09:49 AM

I need some Blues hockey to watch since Missouri State basketball might be worst than Chiefs football this year.

Pushead2 12-06-2012 09:51 AM

I think they'll squeeze 40-50 games in.

The problem is a lot of the owners still want a training camp even if it's for a week. The difference with the NHL compared to other sports is that they rely heavily on training camp because the bottom 6 and 3rd pairing are usually not set in stone due to kids and rookies from the ECHL, WHL and AHL fighting for spots.

Otter 12-06-2012 09:51 AM

Wow, I didn't see this coming. Nancy boy Crosby is going to have to fly back from Europe for a good ol' Flyer ass kicking.

:clap:

DaFace 12-06-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 9184884)
Wow, I didn't see this coming. Nancy boy Crosby is going to have to fly back from Europe for a good ol' Flyer ass kicking.

:clap:

I'd still keep a healthy dose of skepticism. We've been "close" before according to the media. And then there's this:

John Shannon
‏@JSportsnet
Can confirm NHLPA is insisting that Don Fehr return to the Negotiations...and if that's the case the Commissioner will be on other side.

Bearcat 12-06-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9184860)

Even better... I've hardly kept up with it at all lately. I've probably read one article on the NHL in the past month, and it was about how a mediator came in and within a few days said there was no helping those idiots. ROFL

Bearcat 12-06-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9184888)
I'd still keep a healthy dose of skepticism. We've been "close" before according to the media.

Yep, people have been trying to call that shot since last winter. I originally predicted they would start the season with the Winter Classic, pretty much going off what the NBA did last year... too bad they still couldn't do that, even if it is the Wings.

RUSH 12-06-2012 10:05 AM

Really hope they work it out.

This is the best Rangers team in 20 years.

Pushead2 12-06-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9184913)
Really hope they work it out.

This is the best Rangers team in 20 years.

I live in NYC (although I'm not a Rangers' fan) and I tell all my friends that are that it's just their luck. It's such a shame. Although if they get the 40-50 game season, Rangers could very well take the cup. They were completely out of gas in the ECF against the Devils. Although I'm still not sold on their defensive pairings.

Discuss Thrower 12-06-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9184877)
I need some Blues hockey to watch since Missouri State basketball might be worst than Chiefs football this year.

Apparently Lusk took shots at Cuonzo last night in the presser.. swell times at the Q.

Otter 12-06-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 9184914)
I live in NYC (although I'm not a Rangers' fan) and I tell all my friends that are that it's just their luck. It's such a shame. Although if they get the 40-50 game season, Rangers could very well take the cup. They were completely out of gas in the ECF against the Devils. Although I'm still not sold on their defensive pairings.

Atlantic Division was SOoooo close last season.

Flyers to Goalie = Chiefs to QB :deevee: