ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***2012 NHL Offseason Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260753)

ChiefsCountry 12-06-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9184918)
Apparently Lusk took shots at Cuonzo last night in the presser.. swell times at the Q.

Well Zo did leave the cubbard bare, he couldn't recruit high school players worth a shit. But its going to be a long ass season.

chiefs1111 12-06-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 9184919)
Atlantic Division was SOoooo close last season.

Flyers to Goalie = Chiefs to QB :deevee:

This. From what I last read Bryz was playing like shit for whatever russian team he's been with during the lockout.

RUSH 12-06-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 9184914)
I live in NYC (although I'm not a Rangers' fan) and I tell all my friends that are that it's just their luck. It's such a shame. Although if they get the 40-50 game season, Rangers could very well take the cup. They were completely out of gas in the ECF against the Devils. Although I'm still not sold on their defensive pairings.

They certainly could. Got a much needed scorer in Nash for practically nothing.

Defensively I think they are fine if they get Sauer back but with concussions, you never know. If they don't then that's a bit of a problem. Not much depth there after the first three lines but not many teams have that depth. Mcdonagh might be a budding superstar and Staal was back to old form in the playoffs.

Just really optimistic about this year and of course they lock it out. Like the Chiefs don't cause me enough pain!

Otter 12-06-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs1111 (Post 9184928)
This. From what I last read Bryz was playing like shit for whatever russian team he's been with during the lockout.

:deevee:

Philadelphia Flyers goalie and cosmonaut Ilya Bryzgalov is playing for CSKA Moscow of the KHL during the NHL lockout, although "playing" might be generous.
Bryz has appeared in six of the team's 23 games with a 2-4 record, a 2.92 GAA and a .892 save percentage. He's currently sitting behind Rastislav Stana, the KHL's top goalie with a 10-2 record in 15 games and a 1.58 GAA.

But Bryzgalov picked up a win against Amur last Friday; a 6-2 victory that saw him make 20 saves despite giving up a penalty shot goal to Dmitry Tarasov on a play in which Bryzgalov was penalized for throwing his stick.
Maybe that set off Bryzgalov. Maybe it's his lot in KHL life. Maybe the Russia media's been snippy with him. Whatever the case, he got Bryz'y with it in the team's postgame media availability, and claimed there is 'filth' being written about him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...4043--nhl.html

RUSH 12-06-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 9184919)

Flyers to Goalie = Chiefs to QB :deevee:

Lol nice comparison and very true.

Is Pronger healthy yet? Haven't been keeping up on NHL news since the lockout because it just pisses me off.

Predarat 12-06-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9184913)
Really hope they work it out.

This is the best Rangers team in 20 years.

They were very good last season, look very damn scary good this season with Nash. They are going to be very tough to beat.

Predarat 12-06-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9184947)

Is Pronger healthy yet? Haven't been keeping up on NHL news since the lockout because it just pisses me off.

I have heard he will likely retire. Who was the last goalie the Flyers had that was consistently good year to year, Hextal?

MMXcalibur 12-06-2012 10:45 AM

Fehr and Bettman back in? GOODBYE PROGRESS! GOODBYE SEASON!!!

Otter 12-06-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9184947)

I'd hope so by now but, not sure. Haven't been watching sports much at all lately.

Too painful.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-06-2012 06:45 PM

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt

Oh. RT @Real_ESPNLeBrun: Fehr says NHL left a voicemail message saying NHLPA counter wasn't acceptable. No need to stick around.

Jerm 12-06-2012 07:06 PM

Kiss the season goodbye...bunch of stupid mother****ers...

Rugby Thompson 12-06-2012 07:14 PM

NHL needs a break...last season was horrible and ever since the last lockout, the league has just gotten softer and more watered down. A canadian team will never hold up the cup again as long as NBC is covering the Stanley Cup Finals, an american team is always going to win it. It used to be such a better physical league, now I find it boring as hell.

Bearcat 12-06-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9186261)
Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt

Oh. RT @Real_ESPNLeBrun: Fehr says NHL left a voicemail message saying NHLPA counter wasn't acceptable. No need to stick around.

LMAO

Just cancel the ****ing season and get it over with... :shake:

Bearcat 12-06-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9186346)
NHL needs a break...last season was horrible and ever since the last lockout, the league has just gotten softer and more watered down. A canadian team will never hold up the cup again as long as NBC is covering the Stanley Cup Finals, an american team is always going to win it. It used to be such a better physical league, now I find it boring as hell.

I thought there was plenty of good hockey last season, but as far as physical play is concerned, it's going down the same path as football, so I can see why that would turn off fans.

MMXcalibur 12-06-2012 07:30 PM

Just kill the season. These assholes are so goddamn incompetent....