ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Would you rather be 8-0 with Alex Smith or 3-5 with Geno? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278032)

-King- 10-28-2013 01:27 PM

Would you rather be 8-0 with Alex Smith or 3-5 with Geno?

Our offense is terrible with Alex Smith. It would likely be worse with Geno given his propensity to turn the ball over and give the other teams points through pick 6s and returned fumbles for TDs. So seeing as how we barely win with the offense we have now, we'd have likely lost more than a few games if we had Geno as our QB.

But would you rather take those growing pains with Geno, or be 8-0 with Alex and be in the driver seat toward a first round bye in the playoffs?

Wallcrawler 10-28-2013 01:29 PM

Give me the wins. These past few seasons have been ROUGH.

NinerDoug 10-28-2013 01:30 PM

Win ugly always beats lose pretty, IMO.

Halfcan 10-28-2013 01:31 PM

Who in the hell would want to be 3-5?

Wallcrawler 10-28-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10134566)

3-5 now, but with a hopeful franchise QB going to the learning tree this year I think is what he's getting at.

So instant gratification with a shot at playoffs/superbowl, or a long term investment where we could be good for a long time.

Geno's got some athleticism to be sure, but that dude has made some epically stupid plays this year. Im not entirely sold on him as the next big thing.

warrior 10-28-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10134566)

choco peni suckers :D

Bearcat 10-28-2013 01:34 PM

Geno or otherwise, and if it was this year, next year, etc; I'll take the bigger risk now and some losses for the bigger reward later than a bunch of hollow "at least we aren't 2-14" wins.

I'd love to be able to say that statements like "I don't know if KC could handle a losing season or two with a rookie QB without demanding another retread" or "I don't think a lot of Chiefs fan understand what it takes to be competitive in this league" or "I don't think most people understand the high risk/high reward strategy is the way to go over low risk/win now strategy" are absurd, but I have my doubts.

Discuss Thrower 10-28-2013 01:41 PM

Of course I'd be the only one to vote Geno so far. Whatever.

It comes down to this: does Alex have the capability to win a SB without an astronomically good defense and all the lucky breaks in the world? Probably not.

Does Geno? Maybe.

Who will be in the league as a starter seven years from now? Probably Geno.

Halfcan 10-28-2013 01:42 PM

Geno sucks- when will the Planet stop loving him-lol

So the NFl counts "hollow wins now as not wins?"

The Donks sucked the whole game until the Skins laid down for them- is that a "hollow win'? But Manning is not a retread coming off neck surgery with two bad ankles lol

Halfcan 10-28-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10134601)

It comes down to this: does Alex have the capability to win a SB without an astronomically good defense and all the lucky breaks in the world? Probably not.

Does Geno? Maybe.

Will Geno be a Jet? Doubtful with all those Ints.

Skyy God 10-28-2013 01:46 PM

We had a win now roster and could ill afford Geno's growing pains.

This is not a close case by any stretch.

Marcellus 10-28-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10134601)

Does Geno? Maybe.

Ringing endorsement.

The Franchise 10-28-2013 01:50 PM

It's hard to say that Geno would be 3-5 with this team. Not the same offensive scheme. Not the same offensive skill players.

l4z4rd 10-28-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10134625)
It's hard to say that Geno would be 3-5 with this team. Not the same offensive scheme. Not the same offensive skill players.

same turnovers

The Franchise 10-28-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l4z4rd (Post 10134640)
same turnovers

Or not.

Geno would have a completely different HC and QB coach.