ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet The Hootie thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255055)

DaFace 01-15-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8298156)
It was Pestilence's, actually.

3 of the 4 finalists are completely useless, and the 4th has been going the wrong direction for months. billay was once completely useless, and besides the Hootie crap, he's been tolerable at the very least for months. So, think of the temp bans as a not-so-subtle hint to knock it back a bit. It's not privately held information that pretty much all you have to do in order to not gain the attention of the mods is not be a douche.

I'll throw out there that it should wait until the offseason at least. It's kind of shitty to ban people from a football site during the playoffs.

|Zach| 01-15-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

3 of the 4 finalists are completely useless, and the 4th has been going the wrong direction for months. billay was once completely useless, and besides the Hootie crap, he's been tolerable at the very least for months. So, think of the temp bans as a not-so-subtle hint to knock it back a bit. It's not privately held information that pretty much all you have to do in order to not gain the attention of the mods is not be a douche.

It isn't a mods job to steer people in the direction of being posters they wish people would be.

luv 01-15-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Since I said I wasn't going to say anymore about it, I sent Floppy the follow pos rep message:

This started off as a fun contest. I was even nominated, along with other people I enjoy posting with. You would have banned me, Gonzo, Sofa King, Lumpy, Pestilence, Bearcat, etc. if we had advanced that far?

Since it's people you all find "useless" you go along with the rule? What if it was anyone else? And you guys say you don't pick on specific people.

Hammock Parties 01-15-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8298183)
It isn't a mods job to steer people in the direction of being posters they wish people they would be.

I agree. That's Phobia's job. This is his planet, we're just living on it.

|Zach| 01-15-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8298183)
It isn't a mods job to steer people in the direction of being posters they wish people would be.

Am I off base here?

Phobia 01-15-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8298203)
Am I off base here?

Yes, you are. If we hadn't taken dozens of posters under our collective wing and provided some guidance, this would be a pretty sparse site. Clayton would have been permabanned inside his first month, for a high profile example.

Phobia 01-15-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8298178)
I'll throw out there that it should wait until the offseason at least. It's kind of shitty to ban people from a football site during the playoffs.

I agree with that.

Titty Meat 01-15-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Hey now.

Hammock Parties 01-15-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8298225)
If we hadn't taken dozens of posters under our collective wing and provided some guidance, this would be a pretty sparse site.

You are awesome. We owe everything to you! :hail:

|Zach| 01-15-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8298225)
Yes, you are. If we hadn't taken dozens of posters under our collective wing and provided some guidance, this would be a pretty sparse site. Clayton would have been permabanned inside his first month, for a high profile example.

I don't care about Hootie in the least. It is the mod backing off this 'poll' that is ridiculous and out of character.

Titty Meat 01-15-2012 01:27 PM

I agree though banning someone who didn't break any rules is over the top. If posters have to follow the rules the mods should too.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 01:28 PM

You guys inspired me to grab my computer so I could peck out my thoughts on this one more time.

There are a series of posters here that come on here to do nothing but sling shit, and lay down verbal beat downs. And that's fine. We allow that. However, if all of their joy is derived by coming on here and abusing people all year long, I don't see any harm whatsoever in giving those douchebags a temporary vacation as some sort of vindication for the people that have to put up with their abuse all year. None.

You couldn't walk up to someone smaller than you on the streets and just sock them in the mouth without some kind of punishment. Yet, for some reason it's okay for some of our less intelligent posters to have to deal with that kind of abuse here on a daily basis. This is their vindication in my eyes.

Here's the thing though. If you don't like this, don't vote. If hardly anyone votes in the final poll, do you think we'll do it again next year? Of course not.

All that said, there is no way I would ban anyone who didn't meet that criteria. Of course, they wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning this thing either.

This can be summed up in two words to me: Just desserts.

Hammock Parties 01-15-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8298253)
This can be summed up in two words to me: Just desserts.

No desserts until you lose 50 lbs.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8298261)
No desserts until you lose 50 lbs.

****. Make it 100.

|Zach| 01-15-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8298253)
You guys inspired me to grab my computer so I could peck out my thoughts on this one more time.

There are a series of posters here that come on here to do nothing but sling shit, and lay down verbal beat downs.

So, a douche of the year poll...a competition that has many threads housing and endorsing the drama mods act like they don't like is some kind of deterrent?

Not to mention the mods encouraged a user to run the whole thing who fits the exact profile that is allegedly frowned upon above.