ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games ****Official Pc vs Console thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278866)

hometeam 11-23-2013 02:59 PM

****Official PC vs Console thread****

Well, with the way some threads get going in here, and not wanting to poop in other peoples threads, I figured this is a good way to pass some time.

I wouldn't be mad if a mod went through the last PC V Console posts in the next gen thread and moved them over

I'll start -

http://www.pcper.com/files/imagecach...06-11/nv12.jpg

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/quo...c00cbf8528.jpg

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...37822838_o.jpg

http://www.ozone3d.net/public/jegx/2...owing_fast.jpg

I would like to point out the above image that currently the revenue for consoles is currently higher. This is because console games, on average, are nearly twice the price of PC titles.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/sites/defaul...0important.png

DISCUSS

edit: I would like to bring conversation in other threads to this thread as they appear, to avoid hijacking legit console or other media threads~

Saulbadguy 11-23-2013 03:01 PM

"Relax on my couch!!!!1111"

hometeam 11-23-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10213854)
Same price huh?

While flashy upcoming PC games like ARMA 3 still need beastly (and costly) video cards to run well, an owner of one of today's standard laptops or desktop units with at least an Intel Core 2 Duo chip and 512 MB of memory can run the majority of games just fine with adjusted settings.

How much would that cost? You would have to update that every 3-4 years.

Well since you bring up one of the most graphically challenging games that exist, let me tell you, that a 650ti will run arma 3 at 1080p (true 1080p, something an xboxone cant even do) at medium high settings (far better than what a console could achieve) for about 120 bucks.

New World Order 11-23-2013 03:03 PM

lol that was quick

notorious 11-23-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10213865)
lol that was quick

That's what the PC owner said.

:D

hometeam 11-23-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10213847)
Who doesn't have a couch, hd tv and a stand? Did you seriously just bring that up?

I supposed if you are into role playing games PC is better. I could agree with that. Keep in mind you have to also wait to see if a pc game is broken online.

Honestly, it's just a big headache.

Actually you brought it up.

And who doesn't have a chair and desk?

And did you know, that you can run a PC gaming setup with that same HD TV, using the same TV stand, sitting on the same couch? Using controllers of all kinds, plus mouse and keyboard, plus a huge offering of other peripherals?

notorious 11-23-2013 03:05 PM

Mouse and Keyboard.

I can write off a badass computer as a business expense, too.

New World Order 11-23-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10213863)
Well since you bring up one of the most graphically challenging games that exist, let me tell you, that a 650ti will run arma 3 at 1080p (true 1080p, something an xboxone cant even do) at medium high settings (far better than what a console could achieve) for about 120 bucks.

I had a nice graphics card when GTA 4 was released and I still had trouble with the frame rate with acceptable visuals. If you go back and look there were a lot of people who had powerful computers who had trouble running the game.

I'll agree that pc is better for rpg, but nothing more.

hometeam 11-23-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10213867)
That's what the PC owner said.

:D

BOOOOOOOOM

Speaking of that, They did a test pulling the HDD out of the ps4 and replacing it with an SSD. It did have some performance increase, but is limited by the hardware and does not really give that INSTANT load that you can get with PC.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/...race_super.jpg

New World Order 11-23-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10213868)
Actually you brought it up.

And who doesn't have a chair and desk?

And did you know, that you can run a PC gaming setup with that same HD TV, using the same TV stand, sitting on the same couch? Using controllers of all kinds, plus mouse and keyboard, plus a huge offering of other peripherals?

I didn't have a desk where I could put a pc. I bought a Ibuypower tower, m/k, 60 dollar office chair and a desk.

It got expensive.

notorious 11-23-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10213870)
I had a nice graphics card when GTA 4 was released and I still had trouble with the frame rate with acceptable visuals. If you go back and look there were a lot of people who had powerful computers who had trouble running the game.

PC's completely annihilate consoles in the FPS department.

Mouse aiming is sooooo much better than "autoaim".

hometeam 11-23-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Then you are still in need of conversion!

Quote:

Upgrading a computer to perform on par with next-gen consoles isn’t as hard or costly as you think. The total cost of a new processor, video card and additional RAM works out to about $400, which is the price of a PlayStation 4; and that’s assuming you need all the upgrades. Better yet, your old games will still work on your upgraded gaming rig! Take that, consoles!

There may be some gamers, however, who are stuck in a dead-end because their computer is too old. Gamers still using a system with a Core 2 Duo processor, for example, have no viable quad-core upgrade because compatible quad-cores are out of production and so old they wouldn’t be worth the cost. If your computer seems to be at an upgrade dead-end, check out our $500 Steam Box build guide; which requires you to just change the processor to a Core i5-3330, the RAM to eight gigabytes, and the video card to a Radeon HD 7850.

Alternatively, you can look at pre-built options, which can be surprisingly affordable. The Alienware X51, for example, starts at $700, and entry-level tower PCs with appropriate specifications can be purchased for around $800 on Newegg.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/computi...#ixzz2lVODlt2y
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook
I want to add to that, that over time, you make that money back as the console grows older. On console, every game is 60 bucks. Period, PLUS you need to pay an extra 50 a year to be able to use the online features, plus the internet you already pay for.

hometeam 11-23-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10213874)
I didn't have a desk where I could put a pc. I bought a Ibuypower tower, m/k, 60 dollar office chair and a desk.

It got expensive.

You didn't HAVE too though, just like you don't HAVE to buy a new tv/couch etc. If you run the PC as you do a console, you can have the EXACT same configuration. You can set it on the floor.

Which was my point.

notorious 11-23-2013 03:11 PM

Consoles do sports 11tybillion times better.

Hammock Parties 11-23-2013 03:11 PM

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/186f...g/original.jpg

hometeam 11-23-2013 03:12 PM

Come one come all and let the peasants be converted or smote! BRING YE CONSOLE PEASENTS AND TAKE THY MEDICINE

notorious 11-23-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10213877)
Then you are still in need of conversion!

I want to add to that, that over time, you make that money back as the console grows older. On console, every game is 60 bucks. Period, PLUS you need to pay an extra 50 a year to be able to use the online features, plus the internet you already pay for.

I just read that article last night.

Wow.

kcxiv 11-23-2013 03:13 PM

i havent built a pc since 2007 and i have no desire to anymore, before i used to every 2 years when i was into MMO's once that obession stopped so did my PC interest. I just use my desktop for general surfing and media now days.

My PC gaming days are pretty much over unless something in the gaming community changes. I dont think it will, not for a while anyways. Also, sports gaming gets the shaft on gaming. Then you have games that come out much much later then console release.

yeah, graphics are better, but if thats all, im good. Im not a graphics freak.

hometeam 11-23-2013 03:14 PM

Graphics are not the only thing that is better. Its really the ALL POWERFUL MULTI-USE that is better, along with graphics, games, game price, modification, scalability, upgradability. And so on and so on.

notorious 11-23-2013 03:15 PM

Some PC games piss me off due to bugs.

I couldn't play Dead Rising 2 because it simply wasn't compatible with my computer. I tried all of the fixes and even purchased another disc and tried it with no avail.

Thank goodness I only spent $9. LMAO

New World Order 11-23-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10213879)
You didn't HAVE too though, just like you don't HAVE to buy a new tv/couch etc. If you run the PC as you do a console, you can have the EXACT same configuration. You can set it on the floor.

Which was my point.

Do you really want to get out your m/k in the middle of the family room? At least that would be my problem

hometeam 11-23-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10213892)
Some PC games piss me off due to bugs.

I couldn't play Dead Rising 2 because it simply wasn't compatible with my computer. I tried all of the fixes and even purchased another disc and tried it with no avail.

Thank goodness I only spent $9. LMAO

Because of so many choices in hardware configurations this can sometimes happen.

99% of the time games just work, rarely do you run into this.

Also, dead rising 2 is a console port. Any console ports only get peon status in the master race hierarchy.

hometeam 11-23-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10213895)
Do you really want to get out your m/k in the middle of the family room? At least that would be my problem

I do... if you don't want a cord, get wireless, just like you would with an xbox controller.

New World Order 11-23-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10213898)
Because of so many choices in hardware configurations this can sometimes happen.

Also, dead rising 2 is a console port. Any console ports only get peon status in the master race hierarchy.

Shouldn't a console port have no problem working on pc?

New World Order 11-23-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10213900)
I do... if you don't want a cord, get wireless, just like you would with an xbox controller.

Playing with a controller is useless on pc. There is no aim assist, making it near impossible to do well in a pc game.

notorious 11-23-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10213898)

Nooooooo!

I was thinking about purchasing Fallout (FPS version) and Left 4 Dead. :(

hometeam 11-23-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10213902)
Shouldn't a console port have no problem working on pc?

Not always, because they have already been handicapped due to being on a console in the first place. When they port them, depending on how invested the developer is in releasing a quality game, there have been times when they don't work as well or have bugs.

This is nothing inherent in the PC that causes this, it is the product of development teams.

hometeam 11-23-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10213904)
Playing with a controller is useless on pc. There is no aim assist, making it near impossible to do well in a pc game.

Actually there is. I also use my controller to play nba 2k games flawlessly.

hometeam 11-23-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10213905)
Nooooooo!

I was thinking about purchasing Fallout (FPS version) and Left 4 Dead. :(

Do not fret, Fallout is PC first, ported to console.

Dunno what to tell you about L4D, there is a reason it sucks :P

hometeam 11-23-2013 03:27 PM

http://i.imgur.com/3uZQpxB.jpg

New World Order 11-23-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10213908)
Not always, because they have already been handicapped due to being on a console in the first place. When they port them, depending on how invested the developer is in releasing a quality game, there have been times when they don't work as well or have bugs.

This is nothing inherent in the PC that causes this, it is the product of development teams.

That's what I meant earlier. Sometimes when you see a game that is going to be released for consoles you know the developers are going to put forth their best product. When you hear it's also for pc you really don't know what to expect because the pc version isn't a top priority, for some.

New World Order 11-23-2013 03:30 PM

How many on that chart are truly blockbuster AAA titles? I don't know, just asking. Plus, the 2 consoles just launched.

hometeam 11-23-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10213923)
That's what I meant earlier. Sometimes when you see a game that is going to be released for consoles you know the developers are going to put forth their best product. When you hear it's also for pc you really don't know what to expect because the pc version isn't a top priority.

This can happen yes. Most of the time, it has not, see NBA 2k games. My prediction is that those days are over, since the 'next-gen' consoles ARE PC's now, rather than a mix of PC and proprietary hardware.

hometeam 11-23-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10213926)
How many on that chart are truly blockbuster AAA titles? I don't know, just asking. Plus, the 2 consoles just launched.

More than a few.

Not to mention, many pc games that are not considered 'AAA" titles are better games, that end up giving more people more gaming hours. See games like Terraria and the soon to be released Starbound. (not that consoles don't have some of these games, it is just far more prevalent in PC titles)

Both games are maybe 'A' titles, but have sold millions of dollars in units and have infinite replay ability.

Once you are part of the PC master race, you will realize that AAA does not guarantee a games quality or success.

notorious 11-23-2013 03:35 PM

Holy Shit!

Bioshock collection for $15.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DOD0TZG/...KSQTMMDCJAXHF0

hometeam 11-23-2013 03:35 PM

COME ONE COME ALL I NEED MORE PEASANTS TO WORSHIP AT THE FEET OF GABEN

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Her...863b5d29d4.jpg

kcxiv 11-23-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10213923)
That's what I meant earlier. Sometimes when you see a game that is going to be released for consoles you know the developers are going to put forth their best product. When you hear it's also for pc you really don't know what to expect because the pc version isn't a top priority, for some.

Most companies just outsource the port of a game from console to PC to a different company all together. The companies dont want to deal with it. They pay a company to port it for them and god only knows what your going to get.

hometeam 11-23-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10213943)
Most companies just outsource the port of a game from console to PC to a different company all together. The companies dont want to deal with it. They pay a company to port it for them and god only knows what your going to get.

Yea, money grab a lot of the times.

Fortunately my NBA 2k games have been flawless ports, though I am disappointed that 2k14 is the 360 version and not the next gen.

New World Order 11-23-2013 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10213932)
More than a few.

Not to mention, many pc games that are not considered 'AAA" titles are better games, that end up giving more people more gaming hours. See games like Terraria and the soon to be released Starbound. (not that consoles don't have some of these games, it is just far more prevalent in PC titles)

Both games are maybe 'A' titles, but have sold millions of dollars in units and have infinite replay ability.

Once you are part of the PC master race, you will realize that AAA does not guarantee a games quality or success.

But any group of guys can create a game with a cheap engine like Unity, put it up for download and market it as an AAA game.

I am part of the pc master race

notorious 11-23-2013 03:51 PM

The last console I purchased was a Wii 4 years ago.

Are game companies really forcing people to purchase "upgrades" to complete a game?

New World Order 11-23-2013 03:54 PM

Did they ever patch sim city? I wanted to buy it but it looked like it was full of glitches.

hometeam 11-23-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10213977)
But any group of guys can create a game with a cheap engine like Unity, put it up for download and market it as an AAA game.

I am part of the pc master race

Do you think console game developers do not do the same thing? That engines are not shared and outsourced between companies?

Not to mention, Unity is a great engine, so what if they make AAA titles by using a licensed engine that is relatively inexpensive. That just means more games at a cheaper price. Chalk another one up for PC master race!

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...08/641/049.png

hometeam 11-23-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10213989)
Did they ever patch sim city? I wanted to buy it but it looked like it was full of glitches.

They did, but it still sucks ass. The game is a blatant money grab with tiny city sizes (that has been said will never increase) lots of DLC and microtransactions already. EA gave it 'The Sims' treatment where they will push out DLC 5 times a year for the next 6 years.

Wait for the origin sale and grab it for 5 or 10 bucks.

hometeam 11-23-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10213974)
As long as there are games for a platform that people want to play that platform will exist. PC, Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, it doesn't matter. I played WoW for so many years, hardcore 40 man raids back in vanilla, but I've always owned a console.

Agreed. Though this does not predicate the fact that one platform is superior to the other~

I think steambox may finally revolutionize the console and bring PC gaming to the peasant masses.

http://www.airbornegamer.com/wp-cont...en-800x600.jpg

beach tribe 11-23-2013 04:04 PM

Not only does my PC do my gaming.
Its my DVR.
It streams media to every room in my house
And was more powerful than a PS4 2 years ago.

notorious 11-23-2013 04:05 PM

PC can emulate all of my favorite NES, SNES, Genesis, etc.games from the 90's and 00's for free (since I already own the original....errr......ya).

ArrowheadHawk 11-23-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10214015)
Not only does my PC do my gaming.
Its my DVR.
It streams media to every room in my house
And was more powerful than a PS4 2 years ago.

How do you stream the media? Do you have computers at every TV?

hometeam 11-23-2013 04:26 PM

I stream my stuff via chromecast, cant speak for mr tribe.

Hammock Parties 11-23-2013 04:27 PM

I probably have about 150 movies downloaded on my PC.

Very simple to just hook up via HDMI to the big screen.

Love it. Been watching Game of Thrones lately.

New World Order 11-23-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10214016)
PC can emulate all of my favorite NES, SNES, Genesis, etc.games from the 90's and 00's for free (since I already own the original....errr......ya).

I still play Goldeneye 64 on my pc eod. I still think it's the best game of all time.

New World Order 11-23-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10213992)
Do you think console game developers do not do the same thing? That engines are not shared and outsourced between companies?

Not to mention, Unity is a great engine, so what if they make AAA titles by using a licensed engine that is relatively inexpensive. That just means more games at a cheaper price. Chalk another one up for PC master race!

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...08/641/049.png

I'm just saying. Anyone can get a group of developers together and put the game up for download online, therefore I wouldn't consider it an AAA game.

hometeam 11-23-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10214092)
I'm just saying. Anyone can get a group of developers together and put the game up for download online, therefore I wouldn't consider it an AAA game.

AAA is all budget.

Has nothing to do with a game being good.

Bold part -

This is a good thing.

kcxiv 11-23-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10213947)
Yea, money grab a lot of the times.

Fortunately my NBA 2k games have been flawless ports, though I am disappointed that 2k14 is the 360 version and not the next gen.

i get all 2k games for free straight from 2k. I used to do alot of information gathering for them when they changed their company from just games to actually interacting in social media. They hit me up on their 2K forums and since then, all i do is send an email when a game comes out and the version i want then the next day its in my mail. lol

2K is some cool ass dudes.

beach tribe 11-23-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 10214065)
How do you stream the media? Do you have computers at every TV?

Roku in 2 rooms.

Laptop to flat screen 1 room.

beach tribe 11-23-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10214016)

Yup.

LOVE the 64 and SNES emulators.

Playing a link to the past lately and it is truly that.

beach tribe 11-23-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10214070)
I stream my stuff via chromecast, cant speak for mr tribe.

How is that?
Same as Roku?
Do you use Plex or something.
I wanna look into it and give one of my Roku to my sister so she can watch Netflix.

hometeam 11-23-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10214290)
How is that?
Same as Roku?
Do you use Plex or something.
I wanna look into it and give one of my Roku to my sister so she can watch Netflix.

Dont know how Roku works, basically you just plug the chromecast in, set it up, then you can use your PC or smartphone/tablet as the remote, some apps have built in streaming like netflix or hulu, or, you can stream anything from your chrome browser, works pretty much flawlessly.

ahem. pc. that is all.

beach tribe 11-23-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10214329)
Dont know how Roku works, basically you just plug the chromecast in, set it up, then you can use your PC or smartphone/tablet as the remote, some apps have built in streaming like netflix or hulu, or, you can stream anything from your chrome browser, works pretty much flawlessly.

ahem. pc. that is all.

Holy Crap. You can stream youre browser?

Thats awesome.

hometeam 11-23-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10214370)
Holy Crap. You can stream youre browser?

Thats awesome.

Yep. I have yet to come across any bug or flaw in the system. I stream hulu plus from my cell phone while I lay inbed and use it as the remote. Its amazing tbh especially considering chromecast is only 35 bucks .. and you can have one on each tv and stream separately.

Theoretically, I think you can stream from your smartphone or tablet chrome browser as well, though I have not tried.

-King- 11-23-2013 07:59 PM

Consoles win.

hometeam 11-23-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10214638)
Consoles win.

what is this i dont even

-King- 11-23-2013 08:05 PM

Pay 300+% more.... get 10% better graphics. Seems worth it LMAO LMAO

hometeam 11-23-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10214675)

http://i.imgur.com/2zPIalT.gif

wrong.

I have pretty much put this myth to bed in this thread already. But let me do it again.

Quote:

Peasant: PC is too expensive! You have to pay $2,000 for a computer good enough to run the most intense games!
Master Race: We of the master race hear this all too often, and for some reason the mythical $2,000 number is the most common. This is, of course, not even remotely true. You could build a $2,000 gaming PC and it would be a beast, but it's not at all necessary to get quality gaming experience from a PC. A system built with today's parts for less than $800 is capable of running the most graphically demanding games fluently, at over 60 FPS, in 1080p, at maxed or roughly maxed out settings.
Here are some example hardware lists for a potential cheap gaming PC that will go a long way:
$750: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Nathan173AB/saved/2TQL
$630: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Nathan173AB/saved/2TRk
Here are two more lists similar to the $630 one above but significantly cheaper:
$560: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/274Jv
$460: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2759b
If you factor in the cost of a console, the subscription fee, the lack of good deals on games, the fact that you can do more on a PC than just games, Steam sales and Humble Bundle's on PC, and the overall bad quality consoles have compared to PCs; the consoles just begin to look less and less cost-effective.

hometeam 11-23-2013 08:22 PM

Every time you buy a game for console, the PC cost effectiveness gains even more ground.

hometeam 11-23-2013 08:27 PM

NSFW

QuikSsurfer 11-23-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10214675)

Lol
Clueless.

New World Order 11-23-2013 08:35 PM

Dedicated servers? Do you know how many patches I have waited for broken online games that never arrived?

New World Order 11-23-2013 08:36 PM

Let's just break it down. This is coming from someone who has a next gen console and a pc. If you like rpg then pc wins hands down. If you hate rpg then console wins hands down.

So console wins! Argument over.

New World Order 11-23-2013 08:49 PM

So let me get this straight:

If I buy a game it might not work (See deadrising 2 discussion earlier in thread), I get to play practically unknown (compared to Uncharted, Gears etc..) exclusives, I have to haul a big ass tower around to play on my tv, worry about the biggest games if/when they come to pc (GTA MGS etc..), worry about servers and if a game sucks or I don't want it anymore I can't resell it.

PC gaming is the best!

hometeam 11-23-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10214894)
So let me get this straight:

If I buy a game it might not work (See deadrising 2 discussion earlier in thread), I get to play practically unknown (compared to Uncharted, Gears etc..) exclusives, I have to haul a big ass tower around to play on my tv, worry about the biggest games if/when they come to pc (GTA MGS etc..), worry about servers and if a game sucks or I don't want it anymore I can't resell it.

PC gaming is the best!

Games that 'might not work' is .01% of all titles.

The exclusives are not unknown, they are only unknown to you, they sells tens and hundreds of thousands of copies. To go with that, just because you don't know it, does not mean it is not high quality.

You don't have to haul around a big ass tower. one, why would you move it? two, if you want to compare directly on size, you can build PCs of the same size and smaller and more powerful, if you are determined to have the 'console experience'.

Not sure why you would worry about servers. Dedicated servers give stability and performance.

Waiting for patches on broken games? Consoles have to be patched too, for example GTA V is still broken.

While your right you usually cannot trade PC games back in, but when you are buying them for 10 games for 5 bucks, and 10 bucks for AAA titles just a few months after release, which BTW, you keep forever, and no matter how the hardware changes you can still play them.

The only games that console does better is football games, its not really sports overall, just football, because EA does not make madden for PC. Every other console sport game is on PC as well, with tons of PC exclusive sports titles. And the PC is MORE than capable and can be argued better suited to sports games, since it can do EVERYTHING a console can do in EVERY WAY and more.

I fully expect to see a PC football game when other companies besides EA are allowed dot make them.

All it takes is a little education, and you can enhance your entertainment experience by abandoning the console~

Hammock Parties 11-23-2013 09:15 PM

You don't even have to move your computer. You can get a long ass monitor cable and a wireless keyboard.

jjjayb 11-23-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

And FPS, and 3rd person games, and racing games.....

The Franchise 11-23-2013 09:31 PM

I don't play PC games because it further inflates your stupid ****ing heads. Consoles For Life.

Shogun 11-23-2013 09:32 PM

I'd love to build my first PC. How hard is it?

Mr. Laz 11-23-2013 09:35 PM

console gaming is for lazy people.

Mr. Laz 11-23-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 10215083)
I'd love to build my first PC. How hard is it?

not very

I suggest starting with a PC at one of those 'build your own' places.

You can customize and choose what components you want.

Then you can upgrade it in the future a piece at a time and learn slowly.

The only thing that is difficult at all is the motherboard.

get a full size case so you have some flexibility

New World Order 11-23-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10214999)
Games that 'might not work' is .01% of all titles.

The exclusives are not unknown, they are only unknown to you, they sells tens and hundreds of thousands of copies. To go with that, just because you don't know it, does not mean it is not high quality.

You don't have to haul around a big ass tower. one, why would you move it? two, if you want to compare directly on size, you can build PCs of the same size and smaller and more powerful, if you are determined to have the 'console experience'.

Not sure why you would worry about servers. Dedicated servers give stability and performance.

Waiting for patches on broken games? Consoles have to be patched too, for example GTA V is still broken.

While your right you usually cannot trade PC games back in, but when you are buying them for 10 games for 5 bucks, and 10 bucks for AAA titles just a few months after release, which BTW, you keep forever, and no matter how the hardware changes you can still play them.

The only games that console does better is football games, its not really sports overall, just football, because EA does not make madden for PC. Every other console sport game is on PC as well, with tons of PC exclusive sports titles. And the PC is MORE than capable and can be argued better suited to sports games, since it can do EVERYTHING a console can do in EVERY WAY and more.

I fully expect to see a PC football game when other companies besides EA are allowed dot make them.

All it takes is a little education, and you can enhance your entertainment experience by abandoning the console~

The PC exclusives are unkown compared to console exclusives, of course they are.

You do have to haul the tower around. If I want my tower where my big tv is, I have to play with a m/k in the middle of the family room.

You pay for live/psn and at least have some reassurance that the console game will get patched. With PC it's either hit or miss.

Great, so now I have to wait long after a game is released to get a deal, when I could buy the game, play it for a month and then resell it.

You need to play Fifa for PC, it's absolute garbage. Fifa 14 pc is a last gen game. This is from the pc forums at gamefaqs on the difference between Fifa 12 console and pc:

1.Origin sucks

2. If you buy the disc version of the game, you won't be able to update to the latest patch version. You'll need to download the whole game from Origin to apply the patch.

3. PC version has serious stuttering issues even on the best PC spec and on any setting. If you happen to get "cursed" by this, then there really is no way to rectify it as EA is too stupid to figure it out.

Sannyasi 11-23-2013 09:46 PM

I have hundreds of games from Steam sales and humble bundles that I will never have time to play. Its hard out here for a PC gamer.

New World Order 11-23-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sannyasi (Post 10215142)
I have hundreds of games from Steam sales and humble bundles that I will never have time to play. Its hard out here for a PC gamer.

You must have spent a lot of money

Sannyasi 11-23-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10215150)
You must have spent a lot of money

I'm sure I've spent a few hundred, but not as much as you might think. You can get a lot of quality games for cheap with the humble bundles. I buy pretty much every one that comes around.