ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football 49ers cornerback: No gays allowed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269499)

Mr. Laz 01-30-2013 03:51 PM

49ers cornerback: No gays allowed

49ers cornerback: No gays allowed
January 30, 2013By Dave K
http://www.thevictoryformation.com/2...-gays-allowed/

The most inflammatory remarks prior to the Super Bowl come from the mouth of one of the most least likely of candidates. Raise your hand if you need to look up the name Chris Culliver? The 2nd year corner made shocking remarks in regards to homosexuality in the NFL when he spoke with comedian Artie Lange during media day for the Big Game.

Lange asked Culliver about the possiblity of gay player being a teammate, and Culliver gave a very honest, yet sure to be criticized response:

<BLOCKQUOTE>“I don’t do the gay guys man,” said Culliver, whose Niners play the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. “I don’t do that. No, we don’t got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do.

“Can’t be with that sweet stuff. Nah…can’t be…in the locker room man. Nah.”

When quizzed by Lange whether any homosexual athletes would need to keep their sexuality a secret in football, Culliver responded: “Yeah, come out 10 years later after that.”

It’s extremely shocking that Culliver would say what he said with the spotlight so bright at this point. His comments just come a day after it was revealed that former San Francisco 49er Kwame Harris is gay. Harris was outed in a police report after a domestic dispute with his boyfriend. Culliver is sure to be questioned by the media as they continue to make their rounds, and it will be interesting to see if he retracts his comments or goes the old “out of context” route. For what it is worth, Culliver also sent out a pretty obnoxious tweet about females on Wednesday

Boy I wake up to a mean txt females in general just be — well let me just say they be on there PERIOD!! #1 love is mom dudes!!! Period

— Chris culliver (@Cullyinthehouse) January 30, 2013</BLOCKQUOTE>

But the question is, how much of what Culliver said is true? Do most straight males in an NFL locker room feel the same way? It’s likely that a majority do, but just won’t express the sentiment. That’s just the reality. But that doesn’t excuse the back up corner for his ridiculous and ignorant comments.

candyman 01-30-2013 03:54 PM

Who cares? The PC bullshit these days is so annoying. He was asked a question, he answered truthfully. OMG SOMEONE MIGHT GET THEIR FEELINGS HURT!!!

Lonewolf Ed 01-30-2013 03:54 PM

And yet... the guy plays for SAN FRANCISCO! That's like someone from Omaha saying, "No fat chicks allowed!" I could have said Rapid City, but more people on this board know where Omaha is.

BigMeatballDave 01-30-2013 03:57 PM

I don't do the gay guys either.

ThaVirus 01-30-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 9365418)
That's like someone from Omaha saying, "No fat chicks allowed!"

Happens all the time in the Pictures forum..

Chief_For_Life58 01-30-2013 03:59 PM

we dont got no gay guys on the team

Saul Good 01-30-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

And yet... the guy plays for SAN FRANCISCO! That's like someone from Omaha saying, "No fat chicks allowed!" I could have said Rapid City, but more people on this board know where Omaha is.

I've seen Omaha say "no fat chicks" many, many times.

KurtCobain 01-30-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

This is the funniest thing I've ever seen.

KurtCobain 01-30-2013 04:06 PM

Ftr, I'm gay and I have no problem with this. people can express themselves however they truly feel. it would be pretty awkward to have an openly gay guy showering with a bunch of straight guys.

lewdog 01-30-2013 04:08 PM

I take his point far less seriously (as I would anyone) when he phrases it with such poor grammar. Nothing like trying to make a convincing argument and sounding like you are a total idiot.

Case in point, “I don’t do the gay guys man,” and "No, we don’t got no gay people on the team."

Thig Lyfe 01-30-2013 04:16 PM

What an ignorant ****face.

dallaschiefsfan 01-30-2013 04:17 PM

It's funny that the this is called "shocking" in the article. I would say this is pretty expected. Though many are fascinated with this subject in the media, most people that go about their lives don't give any of this enough thought to be outraged or care. And male sports teams - as a general rule - aren't a place where homosexuality is normalized in the least. To see it from the other perspective, it's like being shocked that the majority of dudes from high school theater were actually gay.

Titty Meat 01-30-2013 04:20 PM

Who gives a shit?

listopencil 01-30-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9365405)
Boy I wake up to a mean txt females in general just be — well let me just say they be on there PERIOD!! #1 love is mom dudes!!! Period

— Chris culliver (@Cullyinthehouse) January 30, 2013

I'm more concerned with his apparent misogyny.

Chief Roundup 01-30-2013 04:37 PM

So he doesn't like or want to be around gay men. Ok......Newsflash neither do most other men that are not gay.