ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official Mizzou vs UF Game Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270180)

Mizzou_8541 02-20-2013 07:29 AM

I was at the game last night with really nice seats. 5 rows up behind Florida's basket during the second half. (Awesome time, btw. The Golden Girls were right in front of me the whole game, which enhanced my fan experience significantly.) One thing I don't quite understand. When Bell was shooting his FTs with 3.1 left, Pressey, LBo and Rosario were all three camped out underneath Florida's basket. Pressey and Bowers were already congratulating each other; hugging and hi-fiving etc. When Florida inbounded the ball, there was literally only one guy back in a position to hit a 3 (Rosario), whom Phil was standing right next to during Bell's FTs. Why the **** was Phil so late in rotating over to cover him, he was right there!?!? IIRC, Rosario had a really nice look. I guess my question is, WTF was Phil doing?

Dartgod 02-20-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 9418183)
I was at the game last night with really nice seats. 5 rows up behind Florida's basket during the second half. (Awesome time, btw. The Golden Girls were right in front of me the whole game, which enhanced my fan experience significantly.) One thing I don't quite understand. When Bell was shooting his FTs with 3.1 left, Pressey, LBo and Rosario were all three camped out underneath Florida's basket. Pressey and Bowers were already congratulating each other; hugging and hi-fiving etc. When Florida inbounded the ball, there was literally only one guy back in a position to hit a 3 (Rosario), whom Phil was standing right next to during Bell's FTs. Why the **** was Phil so late in rotating over to cover him, he was right there!?!? IIRC, Rosario had a really nice look. I guess my question is, WTF was Phil doing?

That was definitely way too clean of a look for as little time was left. Could have bit them big time.

Mizzou_8541 02-20-2013 07:41 AM

Rosario already had like 15, so Phil's just going to forget to guard him? Not surprising.

Spott 02-20-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9418155)
But they're so adorable with their fierce 'wooooooooo piiiiiiig soooooooieeee' chants. They travel pretty well for football.

I thought it was pretty funny when a group of UCF fans tailgating yelled "black and gold baby" at us when we were walking to the stadium. Apparently they didn't know those were Mizzou's colors, even though I was wearing a black shirt with gold writing on it. It didn't seem like many UCF fans went to the bowl game in St Pete when I went there. I'm sure they would probably travel better when they play USF or UF.

DaKCMan AP 02-20-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9418211)
I thought it was pretty funny when a group of UCF fans tailgating yelled "black and gold baby" at us when we were walking to the stadium. Apparently they didn't know those were Mizzou's colors, even though I was wearing a black shirt with gold writing on it. It didn't seem like many UCF fans went to the bowl game in St Pete when I went there. I'm sure they would probably travel better when they play USF or UF.

ROFL

UCF & USF fans are clueless. They try to talk trash but it's weak and even if it was quality no one would take it seriously anyway.

DaKCMan AP 02-20-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9418152)
Not really. They are mostly pretty cool and don't talk a lot of crap. I used to hate the Gators for a while but they were really pretty cool when I went to the Mizzou-UF game in November. The UCF fans kind acted like douches when I saw MU play there a few weeks before that game. I think over time the only SEC team I'll have a real dislike for will be Arkansas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9418155)
But they're so adorable with their fierce 'wooooooooo piiiiiiig soooooooieeee' chants. They travel pretty well for football.

And FTR - I can't wait to kick the snot out of the hogs on Saturday after the way they punked us a few weeks ago.

mnchiefsguy 02-20-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9418191)
That was definitely way too clean of a look for as little time was left. Could have bit them big time.

Perhaps Pressey was making sure he did not foul? The last of couple of games had been rough on Mizzou official wise, I could see an emphasis by Haith to not foul on a 3 pt shot to give them the chance to tie.

DJ's left nut 02-20-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9417727)
Ew, the vaunted 5-12 match up.

There's that SLU matchup...

DJ's left nut 02-20-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9418152)
Not really. They are mostly pretty cool and don't talk a lot of crap. I used to hate the Gators for a while but they were really pretty cool when I went to the Mizzou-UF game in November. The UCF fans kind acted like douches when I saw MU play there a few weeks before that game. I think over time the only SEC team I'll have a real dislike for will be Arkansas.

Georgia.

You will come to hate Georgia. Imagine taking Arkansas fans and given them just a taste of success, so they think they're on par with Alabama.

You now have Georgia fans.

Like many, I also despised Florida and generally though of Georgia folks as mostly harmless. It's taken me one season in the SEC to realize that I hate Arkansas with the heat of 1,000 suns and that my disdain for Georgia isn't much less. From there I could probably live without LSU fans, Auburn fans and Bama fans, in that order.