ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Comfortable work boots (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257803)

booger 03-26-2012 10:00 PM

Comfortable work boots

Looking for thoughts on the most comfortable work boots out there in CP land. Preferably looking for pull on cowboy boot type with no laces. Have always worn Georgia boot before but I don't get the ankle support anymore. Always had the lace ups too but wanted opinions on pull on types. What's your brand? Wolverine, Dr. Martens, Rocky?

Sell me something you Al Bundies.

Brock 03-26-2012 10:02 PM

Buy a pair of redwings. Then 10 years from now, buy another pair of redwings.

rocknrolla 03-26-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8495739)

Can't go wrong with Redwings.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445 03-26-2012 10:03 PM

I've had good luck with Eccos. They aren't pull on and you will hate life when you pay the bill, but they've lasted and have good comfort.

I put a pair of orthotics in them for plantar faciitis, so I lace up $500 everyday, but I'm not buying anything else.

booger 03-26-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Yeah i got to try on a pair

booger 03-26-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8495742)
I've had good luck with Eccos. They aren't pull on and you will hate life when you pay the bill, but they've lasted and have good comfort.

I put a pair of orthotics in them for plantar faciitis, so I lace up $500 everyday, but I'm not buying anything else.

I've got a bad ankle i've got to support. For 500 it better come with a hand tuggy too.

booger 03-26-2012 10:15 PM

gotta be steel toed too.

Bugeater 03-26-2012 10:17 PM

I bought a pair of Wolverines early last summer. They weren't terribly comfortable off the shelf but I bought a set of those gel insoles which helped a lot. While they have held up well as far as the construction of them, I'm pretty disappointed in how quickly the soles wore out considering 50% of the walking I do is indoors, and half of my outdoor time is on grass. I wouldn't recommend them.

Buehler445 03-26-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 8495755)
I've got a bad ankle i've got to support. For 500 it better come with a hand tuggy too.

Boots are like 250 and the insoles from the chiropractor are like 250. If you're body isn't junk, you don't have to lace up 500.

The lace ups have good ankle support. If it is really bad you should try some sort of ankle wrap.

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/PRO005/

I have this one and like it a lot. It gives you some support without much motion restriction or binding/cutting. If you really torque the ankle it won't stop it like a really restrictive job, but for everyday stuff it is really good and has all-day comfort.

Bugeater 03-26-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

10 years? Seriously? With daily use?

Extra Point 03-26-2012 10:20 PM

Lace up steel toed Red Wings FTW. Bought a pair in '89, and they still look just a few years old. I don't wear them that often, just when I'm visiting a mfg plant, ~twice a week.

booger 03-26-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8495760)
I bought a pair of Wolverines early last summer. They weren't terribly comfortable off the shelf but I bought a set of those gel insoles which helped a lot. While they have held up well as far as the construction of them, I'm pretty disappointed in how quickly the soles wore out considering 50% of the walking I do is indoors, and half of my outdoor time is on grass. I wouldn't recommend them.

Thanks for the input. Was thinking Durashocks would be one of my top choices. I hate to think of spending 100 bucks plus on a pair and have them wear out quickly. I'll be on concrete for 50 hrs plus/week. Doc Martens used to be a heck of boot too but like so much else they are getting made in China now.

Buehler445 03-26-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 8495768)
Thanks for the input. Was thinking Durashocks would be one of my top choices. I hate to think of spending 100 bucks plus on a pair and have them wear out quickly. I'll be on concrete for 50 hrs plus/week. Doc Martens used to be a heck of boot too but like so much else they are getting made in China now.

Are you ****ing kidding me?

I see that isn't reflected in the price. :#

Buehler445 03-26-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Seriously though, try a pair of eccos. One time. If they suck, you can neg rep me to oblivion.

Bugeater 03-26-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

IIRC I paid around $80 for them. They weren't top of the line but I've had cheaper boots with better soles on them. It's kind of a shame because other than that they are solid.

I'm in the same boat right now, I need a new pair and I'm not against spending some coin on them but I want to be damn sure what I buy is going to be worth it.