ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ben Afflecks latest directorial effort "Argo" trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259339)

DaneMcCloud 11-02-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9076330)
Its become a suprise sleeper hit. I have faith in the American movie going public again.

Dude, it's not a surprise, nor was it a "sleeper".

It was released late in the year because they want it fresh in the voter's mind for Oscar season.

Deberg_1990 11-03-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9077969)
Dude, it's not a surprise, nor was it a "sleeper".

It was released late in the year because they want it fresh in the voter's mind for Oscar season.

Perhaps, but you have to admit its a harder sell than a Transformers 3, Die Hard 5 or Paranormal activity 15. Different target audience...but still.

DaneMcCloud 11-03-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9079235)
Perhaps, but you have to admit its a harder sell than a Transformers 3, Die Hard 5 or Paranormal activity 15. Different target audience...but still.

I didn't cost in excess of $100 million to make. And it was released during Awards Season because it's not a summer blockbuster type of movie.

ClevelandBronco 11-03-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9005104)
By most accounts, Affleck is a very good director and a very shitty actor.

I hope he didn't ruin his own movie by putting himself in it.

I went into the movie expecting just this. However, after enjoying the movie thoroughly, I now think that maybe the only person in Hollywood that knows how to direct Ben Affleck is Ben Affleck. I had no respect for him at all as an actor until I saw this film. However, in this film, he did a fine job. Nothing that should single him out for acting award honors, but he didn't ruin it and that surprised the hell out of me.

DaneMcCloud 11-03-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9080392)
I went into the movie expecting just this. However, after enjoying the movie thoroughly, I now think that maybe the only person in Hollywood that knows how to direct Ben Affleck is Ben Affleck. I had no respect for him at all as an actor until I saw this film. However, in this film, he did a fine job. Nothing that should single him out for acting award honors, but he didn't ruin it and that surprised the hell out of me.

Have you seen The Town? If not, I highly recommend it.

The entire cast is awesome and Affleck's direction is money.

SAUTO 11-03-2012 05:29 PM

2ND on Dane's post
Posted via Mobile Device

ClevelandBronco 11-03-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9080396)
Have you seen The Town? If not, I highly recommend it.

The entire cast is awesome and Affleck's direction is money.

I absolutely will pick it up. Thanks for the tip.

KcMizzou 11-03-2012 07:02 PM

He's also the bomb in "Phantoms"