ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Current Draft order + remaining schedule SOS% (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267639)

Chiefs Pantalones 12-13-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9206121)
Sorry, but that's just silly.

#1 picks always get spent on a quarterback and the Raiders are being ran by a guy that came from GB. If we beat the Raiders, Geno will be a Raider and that makes me I'll just thinking about it.

Sorry, but it's the Raiders.

BigRedChief 12-13-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9205988)
You guys getting so hung up on this cracks me up.

WTF else do we have to talk about? All the pain for this year, we deserve the #1 pick.

BigRedChief 12-13-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9206092)
The Raiders are too ****ing stupid to pick a QB. They have drafted horribly in recent history. The only player they have drafted worth a shit in the last 15 plus years is a kicker. I'm not too worried about them doing anything right. I'm only worried about them trading it away.

The old geezer Al Davis ain't running the war room any more.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-13-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9206141)
The old geezer Al Davis ain't running the war room any more.

I don't think we'll ever see them do anything as long as we're alive. They just have that feel to them. It's what they do. It doesn't matter who's running them. It's a cemetary. I'll have to see it to believe it if they do get it turned around. They are just one big bag of fail. Not that we are better, just saying that's what they do.

Messier 12-13-2012 07:54 PM

I don't think the Raiders go QB no matter where they pick. Just a little over a year ago they gave a heck of a lot to get Palmer, and he hasn't really been their problem. They are just awful on defense. I think they'll go with the DT out of Utah.
This isn't even wishful thinking. Everyone is assuming that whoever has the 1st pick wants Geno Smith and will take him, I think a team like the Raiders have so many needs, that QB is pretty far down the list, and unless there was a can't miss number one QB in the draft (most will tell you Smith isn't a sure 1st overall) Oakland will go D first.

Buckweath 12-13-2012 08:05 PM

Imo, the best thing for the Raiders would be a trade down. If they cant do that, I think they know they will never win a SB with Palmer, if I were them Id draft Geno and build that defense slowly.

Mother****erJones 12-13-2012 08:47 PM

We got destroyed by the browns and oakland thumped us in KC. We aren't winning

rtmike 12-13-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9206103)
Went on a Raiders board and they are bitching that they might win this game.

I was in the car wash line today & off to the distance was a Fader fan wearing his jacket. I rolled down the window & yelled, "they better win this weekend". He just kinda shrugged his shoulders & said, "I don't know man, hope so."

He was surprised when I said I was a Chiefs fan. :eek: I mean, who else would be cheering for them to win. :D

the Talking Can 12-13-2012 09:04 PM

getting the #1 pick will be the most significant accomplishment in almost 20 years for the chiefs...

htismaqe 12-13-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9205988)
You guys getting so hung up on this cracks me up.

Do you really want to miss out on a QB?

BossChief 12-13-2012 11:37 PM

I can't remember a time when so much rode on one game more than this one.

If we pass on a qb, I will be out of energy for this team, especially if Geno goes to Oakland...but if we draft Geno Smith, I'm buying season tickets.

007 12-14-2012 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9206140)
WTF else do we have to talk about? All the pain for this year, we deserve the #1 pick.

Its just funny. All those years of being competitive and coming up short have rubbed off on this fanbase so bad that we can't even trust them to lose to win. LMAO

Ugly Duck 12-14-2012 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9206158)
I don't think the Raiders go QB no matter where they pick. Just a little over a year ago they gave a heck of a lot to get Palmer, and he hasn't really been their problem.

McKenzie is dumping overpaid players to get cap room to build a real team. He knows it will take a coupla years to clear out the deadwood. Palmer is scheduled to make $13 mil next year... doubt that the new GM will pay him that much to hang around while he rebuilds the team cuz Carson'll be too old by the time McKenzie gets his personnel in place . Gotta stockpile some young players & start over. He just might take Geno.

htismaqe 12-14-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 9206898)
McKenzie is dumping overpaid players to get cap room to build a real team. He knows it will take a coupla years to clear out the deadwood. Palmer is scheduled to make $13 mil next year... doubt that the new GM will pay him that much to hang around while he rebuilds the team cuz Carson'll be too old by the time McKenzie gets his personnel in place . Gotta stockpile some young players & start over. He just might take Geno.

Yep.

I think Oakland takes a QB if they can.

Regardless, Palmer will be restructured or cut.

007 12-14-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 9206898)

You can have Barkley