ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

chiefzilla1501 12-16-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 10286291)
Perhaps that the first 8-9 games was the fact that Smith and the whole offense (including coaches) were trying to figure out how they will perform under Reid's new scheme, combined with the timing of the QB/WR/TE's along with the Offensive line.

It's not a coincidence that after 10 weeks (including the bye week) that it probably got to a point where it suddenly makes sense for the players and the timing between the QB's/WR's/TE's has improved and the gelling of the O-Line, combined with shuffling them to find the best players on the line, where everybody's comfort factor has improved, which would correspond with the increase of the PPG offensively.

Case in point. The first 9 weeks, the O-line was a nightmare, giving up sacks from left, middle, right, defenders blowing by them, etc, etc. While they still struggle on certain situations, the improvement on the offensive line has shown. There has been more clean pockets recently than I could imagine during the first 9 games. There's improvement.

I won't get into the head of Alex Smith... but it sure seems to me like Alex Smith began to realize that his defense wasn't going to keep winning him games. A lot of players are playing better, but I just think opening up that offense and getting rid of the ball faster have been huge for Smith. That makes Charles better, which makes Smith much better. And it limits what a defense can do to stop you.

Rausch 12-16-2013 11:19 PM

Yeah.

I'd love to still hate this trade for the arse-raping in value we got but we're in the playoffs now.

We score on D, on special teams, and our offense is finally effective.

****s given = 0...

Saccopoo 12-16-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10286319)
Yeah.

I'd love to still hate this trade for the arse-raping in value we got but we're in the playoffs now.

We score on D, on special teams, and our offense is finally effective.

****s given = 0...

Team is in the playoffs. Take that value and toss it.

Now, if you want to get technical, the first part of the trade is Justin Hunter, WR; Titans. That's who was taken with that second round pick that was traded away.

Currently, in the 2013 season, he has 18 catches for 354 yards and was suspended by the team this past week for violating team rules.

JohnnyV13 12-17-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10286462)
Team is in the playoffs. Take that value and toss it.

Now, if you want to get technical, the first part of the trade is Justin Hunter, WR; Titans. That's who was taken with that second round pick that was traded away.

Currently, in the 2013 season, he has 18 catches for 354 yards and was suspended by the team this past week for violating team rules.

But who would the Chiefs have taken in that spot?

ChiefsCountry 12-17-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyV13 (Post 10286552)
But who would the Chiefs have taken in that spot?

Justin Ertz
Robert Woods
Kiko Alonso

RINGLEADER 12-17-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10286560)
Justin Ertz
Robert Woods
Kiko Alonso

The Chiefs wouldn't have taken anyone who was able to contribute this year and/or was not on IR by now...

GOB 12-17-2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10286315)
I won't get into the head of Alex Smith... but it sure seems to me like Alex Smith began to realize that his defense wasn't going to keep winning him games. A lot of players are playing better, but I just think opening up that offense and getting rid of the ball faster have been huge for Smith. That makes Charles better, which makes Smith much better. And it limits what a defense can do to stop you.

It just takes time for the line to gel.

I caught the first Denver game last year and it was laughable. I remember thinking to myself "We weren't in the running but, I'm glad we didn't get Manning." They got better every week and here they are. Saw that with Alex and the Niners in 2011 and seeing it now with the 2013 Chiefs.

I don't know that outcomes have been what we've always wanted but I think we've seen progress week to week and that's what give me faith in both Alex and Reid. I'd be clamoring for their heads too if we were just stuck in a rut with no means of getting bettter but clearly that is not the case with this team.