ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I was right about Tyler Bray (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274306)

Gadzooks 07-05-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9793660)
Harrington wasn't a 'bad apple'. He just landed in a shit situation in the NFL and they broke him.

So much of success in the league depends on the situation you land in.

True, I stand corrected on Harrington and the same thing happened with Carr. If he had a semblance of an O-Line things might have been much different for him.

On the opposite end, if you look at a guys like Roethlisberger or Eli, put them on Carr's Texans or Harrington's Lions team and they may have ended up as "busts".

Tribal Warfare 07-05-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAChief (Post 9793674)
Those were two pretty significant areas to exclude from comparisons.

Marino had the quickest release outside of Jeff George of all-time. Hence, the qualifier.

Mr_Tomahawk 07-05-2013 08:24 PM

WTF is this shit?!

Ace Gunner 07-05-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9794346)
WTF is this shit?!

ROFL what took so long

Gadzooks 07-05-2013 10:05 PM

I'm afraid this shit has only just begun...
http://www.kindofcreepy.com/wp-conte...2838ce87_h.jpg

DaneMcCloud 07-05-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9793162)
He'll be a big time project.

Which undratfed free agent QB in the history of the NFL hasn't been a project.

DaneMcCloud 07-05-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9793243)
LMAO. The same could be said for any bad apple QB. Jamarcus, Leaf, Harrington, etc... They all were drafted in the top 5 and weren't given 4 years to prove themselves.

Wut

DaneMcCloud 07-05-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9793681)

On the opposite end, if you look at a guys like Roethlisberger or Eli, put them on Carr's Texans or Harrington's Lions team and they may have ended up as "busts".

Not a chance

Gadzooks 07-05-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9794540)
Which undratfed free agent QB in the history of the NFL hasn't been a project.

We both know you cherry picked that quote, thus, destroying the context.

I find it baffling that anyone would make an argument to say otherwise, but true Chief fans seem to know that if this guy puts in an effort he's a lock to be a extraordinary player.:spock: Comparable to Marino...

As a cHarger fan, I had those type of thoughts as a teenager in 1994 when I believed the Chargers could make it all the way to the Super Bowl. I was right and I've had thoughts like those beaten out of me ever since.

As an old grumpy fart, I find it entertaining to see the defense of a player that has little to no chance of making any team in the NFL in 2013 simply because he's a Chief.

Gadzooks 07-05-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9794570)
Not a chance

Weak sauce Dane. I expect more from you. The Steelers Defense won the SB in Roethlisberger's first year in spite of him. Harrington could have won that SB with the same team. Hell, my Grandma would have put up better stats.

Tribal Warfare 07-05-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9794571)
We both know you cherry picked that quote, thus, destroying the context.

I find it baffling that anyone would make an argument to say otherwise, but true Chief fans seem to know that if this guy puts in an effort he's a lock to be a extraordinary player.:spock: Comparable to Marino...

As a cHarger fan, I had those type of thoughts as a teenager in 1994 when I believed the Chargers could make it all the way to the Super Bowl. I was right and I've had thoughts like those beaten out of me ever since.

As an old grumpy fart, I find it entertaining to see the defense of a player that has little to no chance of making any team in the NFL in 2013 simply because he's a Chief.

If he gets his shit together, the guy has all-world arm talent (and when he has his feet set the kid was pinpoint accurate) and Bray was in one of the worst coaching situations in college football.

Gadzooks 07-05-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9794577)
If he gets his shit together, the guy has all-world arm talent (and when he has his feet set the kid was pinpoint accurate) and Bray was in one of the worst coaching situations in college football.

I said If...
I still don't get the comparison to Marino. Was he a suspected Drug Addict in his senior season, (that can't be because he didn't have a senior season).
Did he fall in the draft because there was an abundance of QB talent in front of him? (Geno Smith, E.J. Manuel, etc...)

The mere fact that you suggest he needs to get his shit together suggests a short first stint in the NFL.

I would think this guy will go to Saskatoon or Hamilton and "get his his shit together" there before finding any success in the NFL.

I wouldn't mind being proven wrong but, from what I've heard out of the Chiefs camps thus far, it seems Stanzi will be the 3rd string Manzi.

Tribal Warfare 07-05-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9794608)
I said If...
I still don't get the comparison to Marino. Was he a suspected Drug Addict

Yep, cocaine and he did play his Senior season. Marino got his shit together, and Bray has that type of ability, but it's up to him to put the effort in his craft.

Gadzooks 07-05-2013 11:56 PM

Junior Season.

Tribal Warfare 07-05-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9794618)
Junior Season.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...-marino-1.html

It looks like he played 4 years