ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Joe Horn says... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=12446)

Chiefnj 09-14-2000 05:59 PM

Jimmy Raye is an excellent OC but that his hands are tied with what he is allowed to do.<P>

b-squared 09-14-2000 06:06 PM

Where did you get that quote?

B^2

Chiefnj 09-14-2000 06:08 PM

According to a member of the old board, a KMBZ radio interview.

Horn also thought he was cut by KC because of his alleged involvement in the drug scandal.

Gaz 09-15-2000 06:29 AM

I guess that means Raye’s hands were tied during his previous failures as OC.

I smell a conspiracy…

xoxo~
gaz
demands to know why the NFL is holding down Jimmy Raye.<BR>

KCTitus 09-15-2000 06:39 AM

Gaz: If there is a conspiracy, Im sure Carl is involved somehow. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

ck_IN 09-15-2000 08:08 AM

Greg, I'm sure it a combination of CP and EG. AFter all those two are the focus of all known evil in the world. *L*

Clint in Wichita 09-15-2000 08:13 AM

No, I think you guys are right. Every problem the offense has right now is due to Jimmy Raye's lack of ability! Jeez!!

Raye is to the Chiefs what "Suddenly Susan" is to NBC's programming...just one part of a much larger problem!

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

TEX 09-15-2000 08:20 AM

Were Raye's hands tied in New England, Tampa Bay and L. A.? Nope. I'm sure others contribute to the problems on offense, but make no mistake - Raye is the biggest mistake!

Clint in Wichita 09-15-2000 08:22 AM

I'm not saying Raye is the man for the job, but yes, his hands were tied in New England, Tampa Bay, and L.A., even more so than they ever could be with KC.

By a TOTAL LACK OF TALENT.

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

Chiefnj 09-15-2000 08:28 AM

If we could get rid of Raye we'd be 15-1.

I just can't get over all of the horrible things that Raye has done in the past year and two games: Elvis' gaining confidence, having a career year and improving even more this year, Gonzo emerging as one of the best TE's in the game, highest red zone socring percentage in the league, 4th leading rushing team in the NFL with Morris and Bennett at HB, getting Slymo involved in the offense as a major player even though he missed most of camp and preseason, working under a system where he is instructed to never run the ball when the Chiefs are within their own 20 and that we should run in passing situations. God, Raye just sucks. Damn him to hell for spreading the ball out to all of our receivers this year. Doesn't he know we are much more effective when Elvis locks onto Gonzo and ignores the WR's.

If we had another OC I'm sure our OL would be opening big holes and that our receivers wouldn't have dropped those 8 passes in the Indy game.

Gaz 09-15-2000 08:50 AM

Clint-

Nonsense. We have the talent in KC to have a good Offense. What we have is an OC who is predictable to a fault. I can predict most of our plays, can't you?

Rayepologists wail that "Gunther wants to run, so it's not Raye's fault." That is crap. There are plenty of ways to run the ball without sending a Committee member up Grunhard's butt.

We failed to run the ball against the Titans. Then we finally threw the ball and marched downfield. Did we continue the air attack and force the Titans to drop out of the box? No we did not. We went back to the failed up the middle attack. Vintage Raye: if it works, don't try it again.

I don't know of anyone who said that Raye is the ONLY problem with the Chiefs Offense. He is the WORST problem we have, though. No other change would improve our Offense as much as a good OC. This team will not improve significantly until the Skybox Stooge is someone else's problem. At that time, the lack of a featured HB will move up to the #1 problem.

xoxo~
gaz
suspects he has found the heart of the Raye conspiracy.<BR>

TEX 09-15-2000 09:44 AM

Clint,
Your point is valid - to a point. But when you examine things closley, all fingers do in fact point Raye's way. You could take the position that his failures in Tampa, New England and LA were because of a lack of talent. But if you dig a bit deeper you will find out that in each case, the team he served as OC put up it's worst offensive numbers in each club's history. Also, in each case, all 3 teams'offensive numbers improved the very next year after Raye left. This happened 3 out of 3 times! Far to perfect to be a coincidence. Now, add to that that KC has talent and look what Raye has done here. I might also point out that the ONLY reason the Chiefs scored points last year was because of the 9 TD's the defensive scores. Take away those scores Raye's pwttern is true to form in KC. IMHO ALL fingers point to Jimmy Raye...and rightfully so.

Clint in Wichita 09-15-2000 09:46 AM

Raye does suck, but what about the man that retained his services? I wouldn't expect Raye to decline such a job offer.

Gaz 09-15-2000 10:00 AM

The decision to retain the Stooges was the beginning of my disenchantment with Gunther. Raye is an incompetent OC, but as Clint points out, the final responsibility lies with Gunther.

If I had my way, I would fire the Three Stooges. I would keep Gunther as HC and DC. He would have no say whatsoever in the Offensive play calling. We could bring in a good OC or take a chance on a rookie like DeBerg.

Since that is not going to happen, Gunther will have to go along with the Three Stooges.

xoxo~
gaz
plumb out of hope for his coaching staff.<BR>

Clint in Wichita 09-15-2000 10:02 AM

IMO the promising new guys should be on the field. I want experienced, PROVEN men in charge of the team.