ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Johnny Manziel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272788)

Simplicity 05-05-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9658685)
Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel don't even compare ! I hate it when people try to even bring Tebow into the equation. Tebow sucks.

But Tim Tebow was good in College... Wasn't he..? Hmmmmm.... NFL and NCAA are two differet universes bro. Manziel is a college qb, nothing more... Just like Pat White, Vince Young, Tim Tebow, Chris Leak, and that kid from Oregon.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-05-2013 09:31 AM

:LOL:

Dave Lane 05-05-2013 09:33 AM

If we go 0-16 we will just draft another OL.

Its safe after all.

ChiefMojo 05-05-2013 09:38 AM

Manziel will not go as high in the draft as many think. In the end he will be lucky to be a 1st round pick.

Simplicity 05-05-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9658696)

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...635/party4.jpg

milkman 05-05-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9658665)
Well then let me rephrase. I hope we go 18-0, win the superbowl and draft Johnny Manziel

Lots of negativity in this thread which I expected. That's OK. It is what it is.

And Johnny Manziel is the only freshman to ever win the Heisman.

Archie Griffen is the only player to win two Heisman's, at RB even.

How'd his NFL career go?

LoneWolf 05-05-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9658665)

And Johnny Manziel is the only freshman to ever win the Heisman.

Winning the Heisman is the last thing anyone should look at to gauge the future success of a college QB. Here's a list of Heisman winning QBs since 1990:

Ty Detmer, Gino Torretta, Charlie Ward, Danny Wuerffell, Chris Weinke, Eric Crouch, Carson Palmer, Jason White, Matt Leinert, Troy Smith, Tim Tebow, Sam Bradford, Cam Newton, RGIII, and Johnny Manziel.

That's a huge collection of suckage, with only RGIII looking like a sure elite QB.

NewChief 05-05-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9658726)
Winning the Heisman is the last thing anyone should look at to gauge the future success of a college QB. Here's a list of Heisman winning QBs since 1990:

Ty Detmer, Gino Torretta, Charlie Ward, Danny Wuerffell, Chris Weinke, Eric Crouch, Carson Palmer, Jason White, Matt Leinert, Troy Smith, Tim Tebow, Sam Bradford, Cam Newton, RGIII, and Johnny Manziel.

That's a huge collection of suckage, with only RGIII looking like a sure elite QB.

This is the post I was going to make. Hell, the verdict is still out on whether RGIII can stay healthy or not. But yeah, the rest are horrible.

Simplicity 05-05-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9658726)

Cam Newton had a sophomore slump and will be back really good next year, Carson had a solid career but didn't win anything, I completely agree with you... You cannot judge Heisman winning QB's to NFL. Considering Manziel is brain-dead off the field.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-05-2013 09:54 AM

The place cracks me up. Everybody wants to compare him with unsuccessful players. You know what, there are also players that were good in college and also good in the NFL.

milkman 05-05-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9658742)
The place cracks me up. Everybody wants to compare him with unsuccessful players. You know what, there are also players that were good in college and also good in the NFL.

I haven't seen enough of Manziel to have any opinion about his future as an NFL player.

I love ya, HF, but throwing out a Heisman as though it's some sort of indicator of NFL potential is a really stupid play.

Simplicity 05-05-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Yeah but.... He's literally an idiot.

NewChief 05-05-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

You're the one that threw his Heisman out there as a qualification for his future NFL success. Someone then posted up the QB Heisman winners for the last 20 years to show that it wasn't a positive correlation.

LoneWolf 05-05-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

QBs that are good in college and the NFL almost always have an elite skill set that translates well to the pro game. Manziel is small, doesn't have elite arm strength, and all evidence points to him not having the mental makeup it takes to prepare for the NFL game.

duncan_idaho 05-05-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9658699)
If we go 0-16 we will just draft another OL.

Its safe after all.

No way. Next year it's time to take the safe DL stud, like Glen Dorsey.