ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Position Battles to Watch During Week 3 of the Pre-Season (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275506)

AussieChiefsFan 08-22-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9905744)
Bray hasn't shown anything that has impressed me. But if after 2 years in Stanzi can't even lock down the #3 spot out of the gates, I see no reason to keep him.

Pretty much. Even if Bray turns out no better than Stanzi, it's always going to happen; out with the old, in with the new.

Rasputin 08-22-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9905699)
FYI, for some reason nobody seems to be aware of this, but Fisher actually has played right tackle. He started 4 games there in 2010. He also started 2 games at right guard, and 3 at LT that season.

It shouldn't matter. I don't want to hear excuses for our 1.1 RT. He was picked to play and be an impact player as the number one pick. I figure Dorsey and Reid know what they are doing, I'm expecting results.

keg in kc 08-22-2013 07:42 AM

Stanzi's had 3 offseasons to show...something. Anything. Hell, he hasn't even shown enough to get playing time in a preseason game this year. There's literally nothing going for him. Drafted by the previous GM, nothing special in terms of physical tangibles. I don't care if Bray has been "unimpressive", you keep him because of what he has the potential to be. We've already seen what Stanzi has the potential to be, and it's exactly what he is.

AussieChiefsFan 08-22-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9905751)
Stanzi's had 3 offseasons to show...something. Anything. Hell, he hasn't even shown enough to get playing time in a preseason game this year. There's literally nothing going for him. Drafted by the previous GM, nothing special in terms of physical tangibles. I don't care if Bray has been "unimpressive", you keep him because of what he has the potential to be. We've already seen what Stanzi has the potential to be, and it's exactly what he is.

Pretty much.

keg in kc 08-22-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9905747)
It shouldn't matter. I don't want to hear excuses for our 1.1 RT. He was picked to play and be an impact player as the number one pick. I figure Dorsey and Reid know what they are doing, I'm expecting results.

I'm not sure how you were interpreting that as me giving him an excuse. It was the opposite. The whole "he's never played RT" line has been thrown around all offseason and it's simply not true. It's never been true. In fact, I believe (but don't quote me on this...) that he actually played every position aside from center in a game at CMU, and he actually started at RT for 4 games. So it's definitely not something he's never done before.

Sandy Vagina 08-22-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9905745)
Pretty much. Even if Bray turns out no better than Stanzi, it's always going to happen; out with the old, in with the new.

All things rather equal, you easily shoose the QB with the much better arm-strength.

Rasputin 08-22-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9905755)
I'm not sure how you were interpreting that as me giving him an excuse. It was the opposite. The whole "he's never played RT" line has been thrown around all offseason and it's simply not true. It's never been true. In fact, I believe (but don't quote me on this...) that he actually played every position aside from center in a game at CMU, and he actually started at RT for 4 games. So it's definitely not something he's never done before.

Oh no lol. I wasn't interpreting what you said as excuses. I was really agreeing with you and am already tired of the excuses. That's why I said that.

AussieChiefsFan 08-22-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9905757)
All things rather equal, you easily shoose the QB with the much better arm-strength.

No question Bray has the better arm strength.

Lzen 08-22-2013 07:57 AM

I watched the Saints game at a friend's house and didn't get to really focus so I don't know real well how some players performed. That being said, I noticed many people dogging on Davis. He may have looked a little shaky against the Saints, but I thought he looked pretty good against the 49ers. That's a good sign.

Smith, while not having a great game, was better than some give him credit for. Keep in mind when looking at his numbers that 3 or 4 of those passes were drops. The biggest disappointment I had with him was the blitzes not being recognized. Or even if they were the ball was not out quickly (hot routes or audibles). But that seemed to be an issue with every one of our QBs in that game. Obviously, that is an area that they need work.

I do love seeing this defense, and particularly the front seven being aggressive. We didn't see that much under Crennel.

Don't know how they did in the Saints game but Jordan looked like the starter against the 9ers. Would love for Johnson to take that spot but if Jordan is outperforming then so be it. The best player should be the starter, period.

As for 3rd string QB and as others have stated, I like Bray for that spot. Sure, he's struggled at times. But he has a lot more potential, IMO. I like Stanzi but he pretty much sealed his fate last preseason when he stunk it up. He had an opportunity to be the 2nd stringer QB (and eventually start when Cassel was benched) but he absolutely sucked.

AussieChiefsFan 08-22-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9905769)
I watched the Saints game at a friend's house and didn't get to really focus so I don't know real well how some players performed. That being said, I noticed many people dogging on Davis. He may have looked a little shaky against the Saints, but I thought he looked pretty good against the 49ers. That's a good sign.

Smith, while not having a great game, was better than some give him credit for. Keep in mind when looking at his numbers that 3 or 4 of those passes were drops. The biggest disappointment I had with him was the blitzes not being recognized. Or even if they were the ball was not out quickly (hot routes or audibles). But that seemed to be an issue with every one of our QBs in that game. Obviously, that is an area that they need work.

I do love seeing this defense, and particularly the front seven being aggressive. We didn't see that much under Crennel.

Don't know how they did in the Saints game but Jordan looked like the starter against the 9ers. Would love for Johnson to take that spot but if Jordan is outperforming then so be it. The best player should be the starter, period.

As for 3rd string QB and as others have stated, I like Bray for that spot. Sure, he's struggled at times. But he has a lot more potential, IMO. I like Stanzi but he pretty much sealed his fate last preseason when he stunk it up. He had an opportunity to be the 2nd stringer QB (and eventually start when Cassel was benched) but he absolutely sucked.

Well said. And definitely agree on Knile Davis, he started a little shaky, but he really impressed me vs the 49ers. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do this weekend.

L.A. Chieffan 08-22-2013 11:06 AM

Id rather have Stanzi and Bray over Daniels completely.

Dayze 08-22-2013 11:11 AM

I believe Nico will end up starting.

BlackHelicopters 08-22-2013 11:16 AM

Bray should be the starter from day one. No discussion needed. Let the kid grow and learn.

Setsuna 08-22-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9906066)
Bray should be the starter from day one. No discussion needed. Let the kid grow and learn.

:facepalm: Just stop. We don't need Clowney that bad.

Mav 08-22-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9906066)

Fabulous......