ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Playstation 4 price and Xbox 720 is announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272150)

jiveturkey 10-16-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10091106)
I felt the last of us was a nice finale for ps3 for me.

Same for me. I'm interested in Batman and Beyond Two Souls but I'm probably going to pass on them and wait for the newness.

ragedogg69 10-16-2013 11:15 AM

So I would assume both of these will have a 1 year warranty? If so, no thanks. After this past generation, I will wait for a price drop and the redesign.

I had 2 360's fail on me: DVD rom stopped reading discs and RROD (Just outside of the 3 year warranty.

I had 2 PS3's fail on me: one "yellow light of death" under warranty, that Sony slithered out from under their warranty because I used generic component cables on. Luckily, I was still in the return window at Target. The next PS3 had its GPU go out, out of warranty. I used AMEX's extended warranty. They credited me $150, I just never bothered to get it fixed. I use it as a Blu-ray player now.

I would rather spend $600 on a decent gaming PC and get cheaper games with a similar experience.

The Franchise 10-16-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 10091061)
I have both consoles on preorder from Amazon. Yesterday I filled out my game preorders for launch. For PS4 I am picking up Killzone, Knack and COD Ghosts. For XBone I am picking up Dead Rising 3, Ryse and Assassins Creed Black Flag.

Nice job, Bill Gates.

Mav 10-16-2013 12:35 PM

my buddy who is much more in the know about the new systems than I am, as I have done very little research on them, told me that people who have tried out the new system were unimpressed with the graphics on the new madden.

To be expected. Probably take a few years before they truly realize the potential of the new systems.

Swanman 10-16-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10091364)
Nice job, Bill Gates.

I wish. I just have my priorities. On launch date, I spend the moneyz.

Swanman 10-16-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10091391)
my buddy who is much more in the know about the new systems than I am, as I have done very little research on them, told me that people who have tried out the new system were unimpressed with the graphics on the new madden.

To be expected. Probably take a few years before they truly realize the potential of the new systems.

The graphics are not going to be a ton different and truth be told, the graphics will still lag behind higher end gaming pc's but a decent margin.

The improvements will be more about consistent framerate and games just running more smoothly overall and being able to have a lot more happening on the screen without the graphics suffering. I would assume load times will be reduced as well.

The Bad Guy 10-16-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10091177)
So I would assume both of these will have a 1 year warranty? If so, no thanks. After this past generation, I will wait for a price drop and the redesign.

I had 2 360's fail on me: DVD rom stopped reading discs and RROD (Just outside of the 3 year warranty.

I had 2 PS3's fail on me: one "yellow light of death" under warranty, that Sony slithered out from under their warranty because I used generic component cables on. Luckily, I was still in the return window at Target. The next PS3 had its GPU go out, out of warranty. I used AMEX's extended warranty. They credited me $150, I just never bothered to get it fixed. I use it as a Blu-ray player now.

I would rather spend $600 on a decent gaming PC and get cheaper games with a similar experience.

My brother and I have our original launch Ps3 60gb models and they haven't had one problem with them. almost 6 years of pretty heavy use on both.

My other brother got a slim PS3, had 2 of them break.

The Bad Guy 10-16-2013 03:34 PM

If you are looking to get rid of your old pS3, Amazon gave me 198 for my old 60GB one in a store credit. Great deal.

-King- 10-16-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 10091061)
I have both consoles on preorder from Amazon. Yesterday I filled out my game preorders for launch. For PS4 I am picking up Killzone, Knack and COD Ghosts. For XBone I am picking up Dead Rising 3, Ryse and Assassins Creed Black Flag.

Wow. Do you really play games that much?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure-Oz 10-16-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 10091169)
Same for me. I'm interested in Batman and Beyond Two Souls but I'm probably going to pass on them and wait for the newness.

I've been tempted to buy both of those but I still have alot of ps3 games to beat. I'm hoping it takes some time for the ps4 games to come out that are good. I only got a ps4 so i wouldnt miss the boat near launch. I've always bought new systems after a year until now.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-16-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10091177)

I have had nine separate 360 hardware failures: three RRODs and six Open Tray Errors.

kcxiv 10-16-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10091391)

thats because Madden sucks.

bowener 10-16-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10092625)
I have had nine separate 360 hardware failures: three RRODs and six Open Tray Errors.

Why would you keep going back?

bowener 10-16-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10092923)
thats because Madden sucks.

I played one game on Madden today for the first time in years... it plays like shit and is basically the same as I remember from about 4 or 5 years ago.

kcxiv 10-16-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10092625)

i have had 3 360's fail on me RROD. MS fixed it all 3 times. I still have my old original xbox with no hdmi port in the closet, the disc drive opens when it wants too. lol I could always force it with a needle with the safety eject button, but i bought the newer ones about a year and a half ago, and i have put it through hell playing a shitload of street fighter and its been rock solid so far, it also doesnt sound like a damn airplane is taking off.

My ps3 died about a year ago, im guessing the the same issue as all of them, but i never bothered getting another.

Ill buy a ps4, but im going to wait til next year after the intial rush and the 2nd set of devices are built, them im all in.