ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   So what becomes of Trent Green? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=132615)

Deberg_1990 01-01-2006 04:40 PM

So what becomes of Trent Green?

If we bring in a new coach with a new offensive philosophy does that mean that Trent will leave? Hes never played in any other system but this one. Would he be as good in a different offensive system?? Something else to ponder over........

Hammock Parties 01-01-2006 04:42 PM

Whoever we bring will HOPEFULLY not be stupid enough to install a new offense.

They will keep the offense. Solari might be OC next year, although I'd love to see Trent Green call his own plays for a full year.

Hoover 01-01-2006 04:43 PM

If we bring in a Defensive HC, I think Trent stays 1-2 more years. I just can't see a new coach coming in here and wanting Green to leave. Trent needs to rework his deal for next season, thats all

cdcox 01-01-2006 04:44 PM

I think Carl will dictate that the offensive systems stays. That and possibly the hire of an OC will be a condition of employment.

alnorth 01-01-2006 04:45 PM

He's under contract with no outs. He finished second in the AFC passer ratings, barely being edged out by Jake Plummer. I dont care who is the coach, Trent has two choices: play for the Chiefs or retire. This isnt even a topic for discussion, Trent will be a Chief next year. There is financially and strategically no benefit whatsoever for the Chiefs in any situation where Trent is not our starter for 2006.

Hammock Parties 01-01-2006 04:45 PM

You really have to give Trent some credit this year. He only threw 10 interceptions, and 7 of those 10 came in three games!

He had 3 INT in the other 13 games!

MichaelH 01-01-2006 04:46 PM

If Carl was to allow a new offensive system to come in, he's really a complete idiot. And nobody knows the system better than Trent.

Hammock Parties 01-01-2006 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth
He finished second in the AFC passer ratings, barely being edged out by Jake Plummer.

Er, might want to check that again. ROFL

BTW, what are the chances of Norv Turner being our new OC? He's a bad head coach, but a wonderful OC and he knows Trent personally.

Deberg_1990 01-01-2006 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth
He's under contract with no outs. He finished second in the AFC passer ratings, barely being edged out by Jake Plummer. I dont care who is the coach, Trent has two choices: play for the Chiefs or retire. This isnt even a topic for discussion, Trent will be a Chief next year. There is financially and strategically no benefit whatsoever for the Chiefs in any situation where Trent is not our starter for 2006.

I agree..i want him to stay, but i cant imagine him running any other offense?? It would be criminal to change offensive strategies now.

Lbedrock1 01-01-2006 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
If we bring in a new coach with a new offensive philosophy does that mean that Trent will leave? Hes never played in any other system but this one. Would he be as good in a different offensive system?? Something else to ponder over........

I beleive we keep Trent as our QB I think he could be successful in another Offensive system that calls plays to his strength. We just have to groom another QB to take his place.

htismaqe 01-01-2006 04:57 PM

Trent Green is seasoned and smart.

He'll be fine in just about any offense...

alnorth 01-01-2006 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
Er, might want to check that again. ROFL

BTW, what are the chances of Norv Turner being our new OC? He's a bad head coach, but a wonderful OC and he knows Trent personally.

Your right, that should teach me not to pass on something second-hand that I heard elsewhere without checking the facts.

Still, even if the new coach wanted to get rid of Trent for whatever stupid reason, he couldnt. The Chiefs have no other options, we'd have to draft someone this year and start him right away, which means that we throw away any chance at the playoffs in 2006.

Matt Helm 01-01-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelH
If Carl was to allow a new offensive system to come in, he's really a complete idiot. And nobody knows the system better than Trent.

Without Al Saunders the same offensive system will not be the same. It will be like recreating the wheel from a boulder.

I predict with a new head coach we go no better than 7-9 next year.

Logical 01-01-2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
You really have to give Trent some credit this year. He only threw 10 interceptions, and 7 of those 10 came in three games!

He had 3 INT in the other 13 games!

While all that is true, he also only threw 17 TDs which is piss poor. It was not such a good year for Trent.

htismaqe 01-01-2006 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r8er_h8er
Without Al Saunders the same offensive system will not be the same. It will be like recreating the wheel from a boulder.

I predict with a new head coach we go no better than 7-9 next year.

Why the negativity?

Stand up and support your team!