ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Did you over-react to the work of Casshole? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=238727)

B_Ambuehl 12-20-2010 10:40 AM

Did you over-react to the work of Casshole?

Against Seattle and Arizona?

From reading this board it sounds like Cassell just won the MVP trophy, but when I look at his stats for the last 2 football games this is what I find:

Denver: 17-31 196 1-0
St Louis: 15-29 184 1-1

That's barely 50% completion percentage against 2 shitty football teams WITH an outstanding running game behind him.

When I look at his record I don't think he's won a football game when he didn't get at least 140 rushing yards to support him.

The fact is Seattle and Arizona can make anybody look good. Hell, Alex Smith went for ~300 yds and 3 TDs last week vs Seattle.

At some point Casshole's gonna have to prove he can win a football game by himself without much of a running game against a good defense playing coverage. Opposing teams routinely sell out on the run when they face us. When you're only completing ~50% of your passes vs the kind of coverage he's been getting I think there are legitimate questions whether he's capable of doing that.

"But casshole is so tough and he's become a leader blah blah blah". ****ing trent dilfer was tough and a leader too. Doesn't make him a good QB. Hell, Tim Tebow's tough and a leader. Doesn't make him an NFL player.

Flame away.

loochy 12-20-2010 10:42 AM

Dude HELLOOO!! Peter King says he's in the running for MVP. Never question the KING!

chiefsnorth 12-20-2010 10:43 AM

Oh, there's no need to flame... This post is gay enough as it is.

Lzen 12-20-2010 10:43 AM

While its true that Cassel still has a lot to prove, I believe that he has come a long way as a QB. One thing that you can't measure is his leadership. He has really stepped up in that regard this season. He is definitely maturing.

R Clark 12-20-2010 10:44 AM

check out the drops

Rausch 12-20-2010 10:45 AM

After today I'm no longer a doubter.

He's still Casshole, because he is, but to come back and play perhaps his best game all year?

I don't mean numbers. **** numbers. He did have one bad overthrow and the IG penalty was ****ed, but for the most part he was on the mark and poised.

I also liked the run audible for huge gain....(OMG, the QB can audible again!?!!?)

B_Ambuehl 12-20-2010 10:46 AM

If you really want a true measure of how good a player is just ask people that have to compete against him.

Do you think coaches, players, (and even fans) in our division fear Matt Cassell??

I've heard Norv talk about Cassell and this offense and there was no question he hopes KC keeps Cassell as long as possible.

Rausch 12-20-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 7275916)
While its true that Cassel still has a lot to prove, I believe that he has come a long way as a QB. One thing that you can't measure is his leadership. He has really stepped up in that regard this season. He is definitely maturing.

1/2 way through the season I didn't see $3it to make me think he'd make a Green-like turn around.

Well, in only year two, with MUCH less starting experience and a much worse offensive line, Casshole put up better numbers than Green.

I shouldn't say that I do believe but the last 5 or 6 games he's given us reason to believe...

loochy 12-20-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 7275925)
If you really want a true measure of how good a player is just ask people that have to compete against him.

Do you think coaches, players, (and even fans) in our division fear Matt Cassell??

I've heard Norv talk about Cassell and this offense and there was no question he hopes KC keeps Cassell as long as possible.

Is he related to this guy?

http://adamcarolla.com/SHBlog/wp-con...am-cassell.jpg

Sofa King 12-20-2010 10:49 AM

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...506/haters.jpg

R Clark 12-20-2010 10:51 AM

I hope SD keeps Norv for a long long time.

Hammock Parties 12-20-2010 10:52 AM

Stats are for losers, but people are definitely eating too much homer cheese.

This was all prophesied by Hamas.

Props on the thread, I can't do it alone.

morphius 12-20-2010 10:54 AM

Anyone else get a kick out of fans that have so much invested into hating their own teams players?

Dave Lane 12-20-2010 10:54 AM

Dude if you can't see the improvement in Cassel from the beginning of this year till now, you seriously need to stop watching football. He may improve more he may become Tom Brady lite, he might totally flame out, but give the guy props he's making huge strides.

Brock 12-20-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 7275925)

Link.