ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs FWIW KC GM/HC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267545)

Mother****erJones 12-10-2012 05:32 PM

FWIW KC GM/HC

SaveOurChiefs ‏@SaveOurChiefs
On a radio interview with 910am Sports in Phoenix just now, Jason LaCanfora reported that Kansas City is a sleeping giant for HC and GM.

Per Twitter from SOC

OnTheWarpath15 12-10-2012 05:32 PM

Q

BigMeatballDave 12-10-2012 05:37 PM

What?

But the guys we have in place have performed so splendidly...

Hammock Parties 12-10-2012 05:37 PM

How is that a "report."

It's an opinion.

chiefzilla1501 12-10-2012 05:39 PM

If you care about winning and not a popularity contest, this is a great job as long as he gets paid handsomely for it.

Good core of young players. Tremendous cap position. Opportunity to draft a legit QBOTF in year 1. And largely a team that has talent but has been soiled by poor coaching.

You hire a top-notch coaching staff and draft a no-brainer at QB, and you immediately get your balls sucked for turning this into a winning team. Hell, one playoff win and not only can you stay here 20 years, you could become mayor.

Mother****erJones 12-10-2012 05:39 PM

I have no idea. It just an opinion. But i would like to hear the interview so I could hear him elaborate

OnTheWarpath15 12-10-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9197555)
If you care about winning and not a popularity contest, this is a great job as long as he gets paid handsomely for it.

Good core of young players. Tremendous cap position. Opportunity to draft a legit QBOTF in year 1. And largely a team that has talent but has been soiled by poor coaching.

You hire a top-notch coaching staff and draft a no-brainer at QB, and you immediately get your balls sucked for turning this into a winning team. Hell, one playoff win and not only can you stay here 20 years, you could become mayor.

Sounds like 2009 all over again.

Good core of young players? Check.

Sadly, those core players are still our core players.

Tremendous cap position? Check.

Opportunity to draft a QBOTF? Check.

But we'll get another 5-tech, wait and see.

What talent we did have soiled by poor coaching? Check.

It's like ****ing Groundhog's Day in here.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-10-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9197560)
I have no idea. It just an opinion. But i would like to hear the interview so I could hear him elaborate

http://www.xtra910.com/main.html I bet they have a Podcast later tonight.

mcaj22 12-10-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9197573)

name the good core of YOUNG players

Hali, DJ and Bowe do not count, because by the time we do another rebuild and are even remotely competitive 4 years from now, those 3 will be well over the hill

BossChief 12-10-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

This team is in much better shape now than in 2009.

OnTheWarpath15 12-10-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9197612)

Interesting, that 2-14 record looks the same to me.

People come up with every excuse under the sun - it's all Cassel's fault, it's the coaching, the sun was in our eyes.

Everything but the truth:

This roster sucks.

You don't get to 2-14 by accident, and you surely don't do so because of one player or coach.

chiefzilla1501 12-10-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

The team in 2009 had gaps at RT, C, WR2, WR3, QB, OLB, ILB, NT, 5-Tech, Nickel Back, arguably at FS too. I'm not talking about non-starters. I'm talking about complete garbage, with no backups.

THis team has shown it can run the ball. It can protect the QB. It can play defense when they're motivated. This team is a very good coach and very good QB away from being a playoff team. That wasn't even close to the case in 2009.

I"m not a fan of Pioli. But he did end up rounding out the roster with at least serviceable talent across the board.

The Franchise 12-10-2012 05:59 PM

This team still needs:

3 QBs
1 RB
1 FB
2 WR
2 TE
OL depth
2 DEs
ILB
2 CBs
A starting FS and safety depth
And a kicker

chiefzilla1501 12-10-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9197619)

This is the same team that went 7-9 last year with basically the same players and an average QB. The talent is even better this year than last year.

This team runs a predictable offense behind a doofus of a head coach who can't motivate his players worth a shit leading to soft passive players and with backup talent at the most important position in the game.

Again... you put a good head coach and a good QB for a full season on last year's team, and that's a legit playoff team. Not Super Bowl yet. But a good solid lower-tier playoff team.

notorious 12-10-2012 06:01 PM

The offensive line is better, other than that everything else is a push.

chiefzilla1501 12-10-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9197639)
This team still needs:

3 QBs
1 RB
1 FB
2 WR
2 TE
OL depth
2 DEs
ILB
2 CBs
And a kicker

That's BS. No team is going to have great players at every position. And to say we can't compete because we don't have backup QBs is wrong. If we really think guys like Arenas and Kendrick Lewis and Siler or Moeaki/Boss are what's holding us back from a Super Bowl, we're kidding ourselves. Those are nice guys to upgrade, but you can build a championship team in spite of those guys.

Ceej 12-10-2012 06:04 PM

Our o-line and LBs aren't too bad.

Everything else needs severe tweaking.

The Franchise 12-10-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9197646)
That's BS. No team is going to have great players at every position. And to say we can't compete because we don't have backup QBs is wrong. If we really think guys like Arenas and Kendrick Lewis and Siler or Moeaki/Boss are what's holding us back from a Super Bowl, we're kidding ourselves. Those are nice guys to upgrade, but you can build a championship team in spite of those guys.

Dude....I never said we needed great players at all of those positions (outside of QB). That's my opinion on what this team is lacking.

Boss is done. That guy is a walking injury. Moeaki hasn't really done shit. Arenas is a decent NB....not a starter. Lewis sucks dick.....he needs to be replaced.

chiefzilla1501 12-10-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9197660)
Dude....I never said we needed great players at all of those positions (outside of QB). That's my opinion on what this team is lacking.

Boss is done. That guy is a walking injury. Moeaki hasn't really done shit. Arenas is a decent NB....not a starter. Lewis sucks dick.....he needs to be replaced.

Then you're right. But I think most of us want to rattle a list off of stuff we need, when we have to talk about "stuff that's really hurting us." TEs, for example... nice to have, but it's not going to stop us from being competitive.

OnTheWarpath15 12-10-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9197640)
This is the same team that went 7-9 last year with basically the same players and an average QB. The talent is even better this year than last year.

2012: We don't get to play Caleb Hanie every week.

So in 4 years, we have a 4 win season and a likely 2 win season, with a 10 win season against one of the weakest schedules in the history of the NFL (something like .420, IIRC) and a 7 win season in which 5 of those wins came against backup or third string QB's.

You're severely overestimating the level of "talent" on this roster.

The Franchise 12-10-2012 06:09 PM

A good TE will be nice to have with a rookie QB.

RealSNR 12-10-2012 06:10 PM

Did Ryan Succop murder his girlfriend then shoot himself in the face this weekend?

I missed the game. Honestly. Why does EVERYBODY say we need a new kicker?

The dude is 6/7 from 40 yards+ this year. 17/21 total.

I call that a pretty good field goal kicker.

stonedstooge 12-10-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

This team still needs:

3 QBs
1 RB
1 FB
2 WR
2 TE
OL depth
2 DEs
ILB
2 CBs
And a kicker

Add to that a punter. Not signed for next year so he's gone unless they franchise him

RealSNR 12-10-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

This team still needs:

3 QBs
1 RB
1 FB
2 WR
2 TE
OL depth
2 DEs
ILB
2 CBs
And a kicker

Get me one of those QBs, our old starting LT and WR, a starting CB, and a HC who doesn't suck this offseason.

I would call that a pretty good team if we can have that this offseason. Might take awhile to actually win games due to the rookie QB, but that's hardly total rebuild material right there.

The only thing that needs to be rebuilt is the defensive line, and I'd rather we do that gradually instead of rushing into shit like we always do.

That honestly might have been Pioli's worst problem. He started the job and his first goal was "FIX TEH DEFENSIVE LINE!!!!11"

He made several stupid and hasty picks, and it still hasn't worked.

OnTheWarpath15 12-10-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9197641)
The offensive line is better, other than that everything else is a push.

I was going to say the pass rush was better, until I looked at the numbers.

They are barely ahead of 2009's pace, and behind last year's. And WAY behind 2010's numbers.

Prison Bitch 12-10-2012 06:17 PM

I would think any NFL job would be great. There are only 32 of em.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-10-2012 06:33 PM

http://www.xtra910.com/player/?stati...l&mid=22701764

Podcast is up

Discuss Thrower 12-10-2012 06:36 PM

Guise, Ed Heartwell is buying a house in Leawood

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-10-2012 06:37 PM

Jason Thinks Todd Haley might be the new HC of the Cards.

BigMeatballDave 12-10-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9197760)
Jason Thinks Todd Haley might be the new HC of the Cards.

Can we get Ken?

Sorter 12-10-2012 06:40 PM

This is a worthless thread.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-10-2012 06:40 PM

Jason said IF KC makes change.

SAUTO 12-10-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9197693)
I was going to say the pass rush was better, until I looked at the numbers.

They are barely ahead of 2009's pace, and behind last year's. And WAY behind 2010's numbers.

Wouldn't that be somewhat explained by the fact we have been down twenty points for about 3/4 of the season?
Posted via Mobile Device

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-10-2012 06:54 PM

PHX guys had LaCanfora on to talk about the NFL and the Cardinals ass-drubbing that Seattle dished out. That led to questions about Wisenhunt getting the boot and NFL coach openings in general. KC was last mentioned and that's when he said we were a sleeping giant.

To me that means a few things:

(1) LaCanfora was the first one to report the Pioli extension. He is brochacho's with Pioli. They text like BFFs. He knows change is coming.

(2) Change is coming. Romeo will not be back nor will Pioli.

(3) Sleeping giant means this: #1 draft pick, good defensive talent, and other factors that make the Chiefs job attractable probably more so than people realize.

(4) Hunt perhaps realizes he needs to be more involved, spend more of the family's money.

**Ok, #4 is a pipe dream.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-10-2012 06:55 PM

It also means that @ChiefsandO'sfan is still a Twitter whore and hates it when others beat him to news.

:)

Mother****erJones 12-10-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9197818)
PHX guys had LaCanfora on to talk about the NFL and the Cardinals ass-drubbing that Seattle dished out. That led to questions about Wisenhunt getting the boot and NFL coach openings in general. KC was last mentioned and that's when he said we were a sleeping giant.

To me that means a few things:

(1) LaCanfora was the first one to report the Pioli extension. He is brochacho's with Pioli. They text like BFFs. He knows change is coming.
How do you know theyre BFFs and text?
(2) Change is coming. Romeo will not be back nor will Pioli. I sure hope so

(3) Sleeping giant means this: #1 draft pick, good defensive talent, and other factors that make the Chiefs job attractable probably more so than people realize. Hmm. Interesting. I thought about that. I dont know how attractive KC is though and if they can land a good HC

(4) Hunt perhaps realizes he needs to be more involved, spend more of the family's money.

**Ok, #4 is a pipe dream.

Ya 4 is probably a pipe dream but ya never know. Royals are spending so maybe Hell is freezing over

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-10-2012 07:21 PM

(1) A guy never kisses and tells. Just trust me on this one. Learned a lot about Pioli from some national and local media guys. Pioli is not a fan of Jay Glazer and Glazer isn't a fan of Pioli.

Hoover 12-10-2012 08:22 PM

Biggest needs in order.

1. QB
2. CB
3. DE

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-10-2012 08:24 PM

Biggest needs in order.

1. GM
1. HC
1. QB
2. CB
3. DE

BossChief 12-10-2012 08:27 PM

1. Quarterback
2. Head coach
3. GM (that can work with hc)
4. CB2
5. S

bricks 12-10-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9197619)

People come up with every excuse under the sun - it's all Cassel's fault, it's the coaching, the sun was in our eyes.

Everything but the truth:

This roster sucks.

You don't get to 2-14 by accident, and you surely don't do so because of one player or coach.

I believe that coaching makes a HUGE difference in the NFL.

This roster is not the greatest but there is some exceptional talent on it. Sure there are holes to fill particularily at QB, DB, WR, LB and so forth. Plus, I believe this team lacks depth as usual.

I don't think its just about how talented your roster is, its about getting your team to execute on all cylinders. I think one of the reasons this team can't execute is because they lack discipline. You have to attribute severe lack of discipline from a football team to sh*tty coaching.

And it's funny because this is a trend that has been ongoing for years with this ****ing team. And it makes me sick because its so ongoing that they fail to correct it. Look at who our coaches have been over the last 7-8 years, Herm Edwards, Todd Haley, and Romeo Crennel. Nothing but a bunch of hot trashes.

Whats the coincedence? They are all shitty coaches and Shitty coaching= lack of discipline=lack of execution everywhere. I think that explains the 2-14 records behind a roster with some exceptional talent on it. Inability to hire good coaches has hurt this team and it shows up in the record books.

O.city 12-10-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9197899)
(1) A guy never kisses and tells. Just trust me on this one. Learned a lot about Pioli from some national and local media guys. Pioli is not a fan of Jay Glazer and Glazer isn't a fan of Pioli.

Please elaborate a little

Rasputin 12-10-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9197680)
Did Ryan Succop murder his girlfriend then shoot himself in the face this weekend?

I missed the game. Honestly. Why does EVERYBODY say we need a new kicker?

The dude is 6/7 from 40 yards+ this year. 17/21 total.

I call that a pretty good field goal kicker.

We gave up on Larence Tynes & he wins 2 Super Bowls with the Giants. . .

I think we have a good kicker in Ryan Succop. He doesn't miss that often.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-10-2012 09:52 PM

I can't. Not trying to be a dick or anything but I made a promise to someone. Glazer hates Pioli. Respects the position of GM but hates the person occupying the position.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9198355)
Please elaborate a little

ChiefsCountry 12-10-2012 09:59 PM

Intresting article in the Post-Dispatch today:
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colum...ae9845dfe.html

ChiefsCountry 12-10-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9198606)
I can't. Not trying to be a dick or anything but I made a promise to someone. Glazer hates Pioli. Respects the position of GM but hates the person occupying the position.

Glazer also was Carl Peterson's go to guy in the national media.

Hammock Parties 12-10-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9198653)
Glazer also was Carl Peterson's go to guy in the national media.

Pretty sure that was Clark Judge.

RealSNR 12-10-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9198408)

Tynes has made clutch kicks to win those playoff games leading to the Super Bowl, too. Yet we didn't want him because of some stupid shit like, "I get so nervous when he trots onto the field! He occasionally misses the easy ones!"

It's the same shit with Succop now. People don't ****ing learn.

Mother****erJones 12-10-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9198658)
Pretty sure that was Clark Judge.

You mean Nick Athan? ROFL

chiefzilla1501 12-10-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9197675)
2012: We don't get to play Caleb Hanie every week.

So in 4 years, we have a 4 win season and a likely 2 win season, with a 10 win season against one of the weakest schedules in the history of the NFL (something like .420, IIRC) and a 7 win season in which 5 of those wins came against backup or third string QB's.

You're severely overestimating the level of "talent" on this roster.

I'm not overestimating the talent. You're underestimating how important the QB and head coach and offensive coordinator are to making the talent significantly better.

mcaj22 12-10-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9198662)
Tynes has made clutch kicks to win those playoff games leading to the Super Bowl, too. Yet we didn't want him because of some stupid shit like, "I get so nervous when he trots onto the field! He occasionally misses the easy ones!"

same thing with Connor Barth

and Connor Barth is as good as they come for NFL kickers these days

rabblerouser 12-10-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

:doh!:

rabblerouser 12-10-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9198778)
same thing with Connor Barth

and Connor Barth is as good as they come for NFL kickers these days

better than Succop...even if only marginally, Pioli let him walk and used a draft pick to replace him with someone almost as good.

Almost.

ROYC75 12-10-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9198686)
I'm not overestimating the talent. You're underestimating how important the QB and head coach and offensive coordinator are to making the talent significantly better.

This has a lot to do with our problem guys.

Look what Weis did wit Cassel, sure it was a weak schedule, but we know know Cassel can screw up just by walking onto the field.

But let's not lose site on getting our GM first, a good GM will allow the rest to fall into place, so to speak. ( Sure we thought this with Pioli )

Chiefs=Champions 12-10-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9198662)

This can all be attributed to a lack of qb. You don't have a qb whos consistently able to score touchdowns so you must rely on your kicker a bit more. The position gets magnified because we don't have a qb that can bring us back from a kickers mistakes..

Succop is the least of our problems.

rabblerouser 12-11-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 9198212)
I believe that coaching makes a HUGE difference in the NFL.

This roster is not the greatest but there is some exceptional talent on it. Sure there are holes to fill particularily at QB, DB, WR, LB and so forth. Plus, I believe this team lacks depth as usual.

I don't think its just about how talented your roster is, its about getting your team to execute on all cylinders. I think one of the reasons this team can't execute is because they lack discipline. You have to attribute severe lack of discipline from a football team to sh*tty coaching.

And it's funny because this is a trend that has been ongoing for years with this ****ing team. And it makes me sick because its so ongoing that they fail to correct it. Look at who our coaches have been over the last 7-8 years, Herm Edwards, Todd Haley, and Romeo Crennel. Nothing but a bunch of hot trashes.

Whats the coincedence? They are all shitty coaches and Shitty coaching= lack of discipline=lack of execution everywhere. I think that explains the 2-14 records behind a roster with some exceptional talent on it. Inability to hire good coaches has hurt this team and it shows up in the record books.

When Haley was HC, this ENTIRE ROSTER played better football - WITHOUT Berry, Charles, and Moeaki.

This team was more competitive with Palko at QB, and he was ****ing terrible.

tell ME 'coaching doesn't make that much of a difference' - you ain't been watching the same team, jack.

rabblerouser 12-11-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 9198882)

Succop is the least of our problems.

Succop is emblematic of the Epic fail of the Pioli organization :

We already had a really good kicker...but Pioli let him walk for total peanuts to another team, without attempting to resign him, choosing instead to draft a guy who is almost as good...but as a rookie, was paid considerably less.

Kinda like when we already had a really good corner...but Pioli let him walk for relative peanuts to another team, without attempting to resign him, choosing instead to sign a FA who was not nearly as good...and as such was paid considerably less. Before he got cut.

Now do you understand why Succop is a sore ****ing subject to some people??

jAZ 12-11-2012 12:23 AM

Pioli should be fired because I don't want him hiring a 3rd coach. Nothing else matters in this discussion.

bricks 12-11-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9198982)
When Haley was HC, this ENTIRE ROSTER played better football - WITHOUT Berry, Charles, and Moeaki.

This team was more competitive with Palko at QB, and he was ****ing terrible.

tell ME 'coaching doesn't make that much of a difference' - you ain't been watching the same team, jack.

Haley was lucky to have Romeo as his defensive coordinator.

The defense was the main factor in helping the Chiefs achieve a 7-9 record.

For some reason the difference between Romeo as a DC compared to HC is night and and day. And for whatever reason, don't know why?

I refuse to believe Haley was a good coach. The year he went 10-6 he had two really good coordinators helping him out.

Hammock Parties 12-11-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 9199014)
H
For some reason the difference between Romeo as a DC compared to HC is night and and day. And for whatever reason, don't know why?

Hmmm...gee, I dunno...I wonder...maybe...could it be....

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/wp-co..._boller_sm.jpg

http://cdn.sportsoverdose.com/thumbs...nter-7-nfl.jpg

http://www.chicagonow.com/pop-buzz/f...ie-216x162.jpg

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.word...5604.jpg?w=250

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...S4aOa/350x.jpg

Hammock Parties 12-11-2012 12:40 AM

All you need to know about Romeo is that as a DC AND a HC he got his ass kicked by Chan Gailey and Ryan Shitzpatrick two years in a row.

rabblerouser 12-11-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 9199014)
Haley was lucky to have Romeo as his defensive coordinator.

The defense was the main factor in helping the Chiefs achieve a 7-9 record.

I refuse to believe Haley was a good coach. The year he went 10-6 he had two really good coordinators helping him out.

With a merely competant GM, Haley would have had the Chiefs in serious contention for the Super Bowl right now.

The year he went 10-6 was a masterful job of coaching by ALL involved...as well as a weak interconference schedule and a shit division...

But the fact remains, every single player on this roster played better football with Haley as HC - they were more disciplined, better prepared, in better conditioning...

You can refuse to believe Haley was a good coach...but that sounds like a blind man refusing to believe that the sun is yellow.

rabblerouser 12-11-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9199023)
All you need to know about Romeo is that as a DC AND a HC he got his ass kicked by Chan Gailey and Ryan Shitzpatrick two years in a row.

fact.

The Bills kicked his fat shit in, Chuck Norris-style.

NJChiefsFan 12-11-2012 01:23 AM

Quote:

Come on. I bet if you gave him two or three more shots at Fitz he might be able to figure out the puzzle.

007 12-11-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9198205)
1. Quarterback
2. Head coach
3. GM (that can work with hc)
4. CB2
5. S

NO NO NO NO NO
That is what Pioli did, getting the QB first. YOu let the HC pick his QB. There is no other way to make it work.

This is what they should do.

1. HC
2. GM
3. QB

Then the rest.

BigMeatballDave 12-11-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9199074)
NO NO NO NO NO
That is what Pioli did, getting the QB first. YOu let the HC pick his QB. There is no other way to make it work.

This is what they should do.

1. HC
2. GM
3. QB

Then the rest.

I really don't want Clark hiring a HC.

htismaqe 12-11-2012 08:19 AM

The HC/GM are going to come first, the QB last, solely by virtue of chronology.

We won't be getting the QB until April...

bricks 12-11-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

But yet he was masterful at scheming against Peyton Manning during the years the Pats won SB's right? He was a DC that could outscheme the **** out of anyone during his run with the Pats.

Say what you want about Romeo, he was championship caliber DC. I was ecstatic when he first got here. It's just not till recently that he has stunk it up. Maybe the game passed him by? I don't know.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-11-2012 09:19 AM

He can still coordinate a defense to contain Manning. Can't stop Weeden, Fitzpatrick, or guys like Matt Moore though. It's wierd as ****.

Molitoth 12-11-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9198408)

This.

Succup was just doing his part in sucking for Geno.

RealSNR 12-11-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9199041)
With a merely competant GM, Haley would have had the Chiefs in serious contention for the Super Bowl right now.

The year he went 10-6 was a masterful job of coaching by ALL involved...as well as a weak interconference schedule and a shit division...

But the fact remains, every single player on this roster played better football with Haley as HC - they were more disciplined, better prepared, in better conditioning...

You can refuse to believe Haley was a good coach...but that sounds like a blind man refusing to believe that the sun is yellow.

Haley got his shit pushed in from the ****ing Buffalo Bills just like Romeo. He's no better

Brock 12-11-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9199041)

Yep, what this team needs is more fake punts from its own 20. More botched two minute drives. More wasted timeouts because the right players aren't on the field. More draws on third and eight. And by all means, more childish tantrums by a grown man being shown on TV.

rabblerouser 12-11-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9199377)
Haley got his shit pushed in from the ****ing Buffalo Bills just like Romeo. He's no better

RAC was the DC for both losses; hard to pin the freefall on Haley...we know whose mess this really is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9199427)
Yep, what this team needs is more fake punts from its own 20. More botched two minute drives. More wasted timeouts because the right players aren't on the field. More draws on third and eight. And by all means, more childish tantrums by a grown man being shown on TV.

When Matt Cassel is your QB...you totally try to manufacture points by any means neccessary. When Matt Cassel is your QB...you MAY AS WELL ****ing fake punt from your own 20. When Matt Cassel is your QB...you ****ing throw your hands up and let Bill Muir's geriatric ass and Jim Zorn deal with him, because you just want to throat punch him everytime you see him. When Matt Cassel is your QB...you may as well call a draw on 3rd and 8. When Matt Cassel is your QB...a childish tantrum may be the best thing you can muster (re: throat punching)

Notice how he has none of those problems in an actual professional football locker room...

Titty Meat 12-11-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9197612)

This.

AdumbGuy 12-11-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9199427)

Thank you - Haley was terrible. He acted like he was the greatest coach that ever lived without ever having done anything.

htismaqe 12-11-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdumbGuy (Post 9199995)
Thank you - Haley was terrible. He acted like he was the greatest coach that ever lived without ever having done anything.

No he did not.

He acted like a great many things that weren't pleasant or appealing.

But what you say above is absolutely untrue.

bowener 12-11-2012 02:57 PM

I think I don't give a shit anymore. Thanks for that, Pioli.

rabblerouser 12-11-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9200091)
No he did not.

He acted like a great many things that weren't pleasant or appealing.

But what you say above is absolutely untrue.

Todd Haley gave a shit about being the Head Coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, despite and in spite of a horrible working environment fostered by the large-egoed but small-minded GM who hired him, then hamstrung him with a roster that had plenty of top-end holdover talent from the Peterson era, no depth and no starting calibre NFL QB. These are all facts - provable.

Haley wanted Matt Hasselbeck after 2010 - Pioli responded by signing Tyler Palko.

**** Scott Pioli. I'm a Todd Haley fan now. I hate the Steelers, hate Big Ben the Rapist...but I hope they win the Super Bowl this year. I want Todd Haley to rub Clark Hunt's nose in it when he goes on to HC Super Bowl winning teams of his own.

I'm so ****ing mad he's gone, I'm pretty much done with the NFL because of it.

**** you, Pioli. I hope you read this, because you know in your heart, that you ****ed up. 2-11, style. Haley won as many games with Tyler Palko at QB as RAC has all year...

and people think he's a 'terrible' coach - ha!! He made chicken soup out of chicken shit. Even in 2011 - he got fired at 5-8 with his team in contention for the division. Only to be replaced with the ****ing clown show we see here before us today - What kind of stupid shit is that?? Are you KIDDING me??

Brock 12-11-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9200168)
and people think he's a 'terrible' coach - ha!! He made chicken soup out of chicken shit. Even in 2011 - he got fired at 5-8 with his team in contention for the division. Only to be replaced with the ****ing clown show we see here before us today - What kind of stupid shit is that?? Are you KIDDING me??

Yeah. I especially liked it when he put a receiving corps in a game that consisted of Terrence Copper, Jerheme Urban, and Jeramy Horne. That showed unbelievable brilliance and fortitude. It's the kind of never say die attitude we need.

chiefzilla1501 12-11-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9200193)
Yeah. I especially liked it when he put a receiving corps in a game that consisted of Terrence Copper, Jerheme Urban, and Jeramy Horne. That showed unbelievable brilliance and fortitude. It's the kind of never say die attitude we need.

And who are these magical receivers that got taken off the field because these guys played? Haley did a solid job given the talent he was given, and that absolutely begins with the QB.