ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life What is it with motorcycle ads? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261308)

BIG_DADDY 07-11-2012 06:14 PM

What is it with motorcycle ads?

Seems like every bike I look at says something stupid like, no BS, serious inquires only, no tire kicking, don't waste my time. Give me a friggen break, you're are not selling a learjet bro.

CoMoChief 07-11-2012 06:29 PM

If you ride one...you'll buy one.

Dr. Johnny Fever 07-11-2012 06:31 PM

Buy new moneybags.

BIG_DADDY 07-11-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8733449)
If you ride one...you'll buy one.

Taking my time picking. Been riding since I was 6 but I am just looking for a little something to put around on like zx14 or something.

Thig Lyfe 07-11-2012 06:34 PM

I hit a pit bull with my motorcycle once. The thrill was indescribable.

Dayze 07-11-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8733458)
Taking my time picking. Been riding since I was 6 but I am just looking for a little something to put around on like zx14 or something.

LMAO

Radar Chief 07-11-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8733424)
Seems like every bike I look at says something stupid like, no BS, serious inquires only, no tire kicking, don't waste my time. Give me a friggen break, you're are not selling a learjet bro.

Have you tried selling a bike lately? Know how many idiots think they can just throw a leg over it and take your bike for a test ride without showing any money?

Radar Chief 07-11-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8733458)

:LOL: Yea, just a "little something to put around on" like the quickest street bike ever made.

Rain Man 07-11-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8733526)
Have you tried selling a bike lately? Know how many idiots think they can just throw a leg over it and take your bike for a test ride without showing any money?

You have to put money down to take a test drive? I didn't know that. How much? Or do you just have to flash the money to prove that you could buy it if you wanted?

Brock 07-11-2012 07:08 PM

I deal with dumbbells all the time who don't know what "FIRM" means.

Radar Chief 07-11-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8733534)
You have to put money down to take a test drive? I didn't know that. How much? Or do you just have to flash the money to prove that you could buy it if you wanted?

I've never taken a test ride without putting some money down first. Been a while since I bought a bike from a dealership so I'm not sure what the customary collateral payment would be. The deal I've always worked when selling a bike is I need a cashiers check, cash works also, for the agreed upon price of the bike in my hand before they take it for a ride. From that point the buyer has 24 hours to bring it back undamaged or I cash the check, deposit the money.
Problem is any schmo can say they'll buy your bike then take it for a test ride, crash it then you're liable for the damage to the bike and possibly even their hospital bill.

Rain Man 07-11-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8733566)
I've never taken a test ride without putting some money down first. Been a while since I bought a bike from a dealership so I'm not sure what the customary collateral payment would be. The deal I've always worked when selling a bike is I need a cashiers check, cash works also, for the agreed upon price of the bike in my hand before they take it for a ride. From that point the buyer has 24 hours to bring it back undamaged or I cash the check, deposit the money.
Problem is any schmo can say they'll buy your bike then take it for a test ride, crash it then you're liable for the damage to the bike and possibly even their hospital bill.

Ah, interesting.

I didn't know it was a 24-hour deal. I thought a test ride was more or less driving it around the block.

I guess you can't ride along on a motorcycle, too, now that I think about it. It's a little different than a car that way.

mlyonsd 07-11-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8733566)

Last bike I bought, yeah it was centuries ago, was at a dealership and I just got on and rode. Is it different now at dealers with new bikes?

R8RFAN 07-11-2012 07:41 PM

Because of people like this..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9CG5HozkvAc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kstater 07-11-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8733424)

I'm selling a 4 wheeler. You know how many reeruns and idiots come in wanting 2k off the asking price, think it's supposed to be brand new, want me to transport it for them?