ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *** Official I love Marcus Cooper Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276780)

Saul Good 10-07-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beer Bong (Post 10059340)
LMAO

Sorry man but, no...

Cooper was targeted 7 times against the Giants. He broke up two of them and gave up a total of 9 yards total. That's less than 1.3 YPA on passes thrown at him...by Eli Manning.

I haven't seen his breakdown from yesterday, but he was fantastic.

Sorter 10-07-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10059326)
I get it now. You're reeruned. Why didn't you just say so?

LMAO

Beer Bong 10-07-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10059371)
wut

Cooper hasn't even started a game. That's the point.

Saul Good 10-07-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10059371)
wut

He's seen a lot from Fisher, but Richard Sherman...the guy who was an all-pro last year in just his second year in the league...isn't a shut down guy.

mcaj22 10-07-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beer Bong (Post 10059366)
Shut down corners shut down the other teams best receiver. That's why they are called shut down corners. Andre Johnson had 9 catches for 110 yards dude.

I love Cooper and think he's great! I like Parker too! What the ****? I literally don't agree that Cooper is Revis and I get killed for it?

It's the same thing about Fisher. If you think he's just a "plug and play player" you're an idiot.

This is a really dumb conversation.

we had a back up at RT yesterday and I dont think any fan from his living room noticed a drop off from Fisher to Stephenson.

that is the definition of plug and play RT. Not a noticeable drop off, more of the same, if not better than what we had there with Fisher

Cooper has stepped in and over Dunta Robinson and there is a HUGE difference. The guy went from #4 or 5 CB to playing 40-50 percent of the snaps at outside CB in defensive pass formations. That basically almost being a starter.

Without Cooper we might have lost some of these games. Who else was going to cover some of these WRs on the outside besides him? It was either him or Dunta and Sutton made the switch and probably is not going to look back, for good reason.

SAUTO 10-07-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beer Bong (Post 10059366)
Shut down corners shut down the other teams best receiver. That's why they are called shut down corners. Andre Johnson had 9 catches for 110 yards dude.

I love Cooper and think he's great! I like Parker too! What the ****? I literally don't agree that Cooper is Revis and I get killed for it?

It's the same thing about Fisher. If you think he's just a "plug and play player" you're an idiot.

This is a really dumb conversation.

they all seem to go that route when bob is involved

MTG#10 10-07-2013 11:07 AM

Marcus Cooper > Dee Milliner

Beer Bong 10-07-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10059380)
He's seen a lot from Fisher, but Richard Sherman...the guy who was an all-pro last year in just his second year in the league...isn't a shut down guy.

He's one of the best cover corners in the game. He was probably the best corner last season. He's not a shut down corner. Did you watch the divisional playoff game last year? You can count the number of shut down corners that have EVER played in the league on one hand.

Saul Good 10-07-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10059387)
they all seem to go that route when bob is involved

This guy is blackbob? That makes a lot of sense. I'm glad to know there aren't actually two people this stupid in the world.

Saul Good 10-07-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beer Bong (Post 10059394)
He's one of the best cover corners in the game. He was probably the best corner last season. He's not a shut down corner. Did you watch the divisional playoff game last year? You can count the number of shut down corners that have EVER played in the league on one hand.

...yet corners aren't as valuable and rare as Tackles

Mr. Laz 10-07-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10059327)
Not only Cooper, but if Sean Smith continues to excel as well, then a major position of need becomes a strength.

It will make a huge difference on offense, actually, because we won't need to find another cover guy in the draft or free agency. All of those resources can go towards getting a WR and TE.

I'm really surprised that teams haven't forced Smith and Cooper to cover inside with bunch formations yet. If teams allow them to continue to just play one direction with the sideline at their backs they will continue to succeed. imo.

Beer Bong 10-07-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10059318)
I Cooper looks like Revis.

Does anyone else agree with this? This is what makes this a stupid conversation to me.

mcaj22 10-07-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10059407)
I'm really surprised that teams haven't forced Smith and Cooper to cover inside with bunch formations yet. It teams allow them to continue to just play one direction with the sideline at their backs they will continue to succeed. imo.

wouldnt that require teams to set a lot moving picks from inside to outside?

Beer Bong 10-07-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10059404)
...yet corners aren't as valuable and rare as Tackles

They aren't. If they were they would be taken higher in the draft. A tackle was taken before Deion Sanders who the term "shut down corner" was coined after and he was the biggest bust in the top 5 of that draft.

Sorry dude but, you are a ****ing idiot. I give up. This is like arguing with that kid in the Cam Newton commercial.

1989 Draft

1. Troy Aikman
2. Tony Mandarich (OT)
3. Barry Sanders
4. Derrick Thomas
5. Deion Sanders

Saul Good 10-07-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10059407)
I'm really surprised that teams haven't forced Smith and Cooper to cover inside with bunch formations yet. It teams allow them to continue to just play one direction with the sideline at their backs they will continue to succeed. imo.

I'm not sure they want to bring Berry into play. Three stud corners and the best safety in the league (who happens to be as good in a linebacker type role as he is at playing center field) doesn't leave the opposing offenses much in the way of quality options.