ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Battlefield 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241301)

Mr. Plow 09-29-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7952462)
That guy is such a ****ing idiot. Good players can be good at both games. Take Pants for example. The dumbass in the video just sucks outright.

His first couple of video's were funny as shit - ever since then, he's just a being a bitch because that's what he is....a bitch.

loochy 09-29-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 7952485)
This.

I've never played a BF game, but that shit could get real old real quick, if that's how this game is played.

Well the game is supposed to be played as a team with squads.

If you get killed from the bushes, you should go ahead and spot the player on your radar and tell your squad leader. Then your teammates can throw some nades in the bush OR you can call in an airstrike or artillery to take care of that. Playing BF as a lone wolf does NOT work well.

QuikSsurfer 09-29-2011 10:21 AM

Has there been a MP shooter since Quake III that had the option to prevent campers? If you remained in the same spot for a few seconds - a countdown timer would pop up and you had a few seconds to move or be destroyed.

loochy 09-29-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 7952510)
Has there been a MP shooter since Quake III that had the option to prevent campers? If you remained in the same spot for a few seconds - a countdown timer would pop up and you had a few seconds to move or be destroyed.

I remember some mods for CS 1.6 that had that. After 20 seconds or so you'd start getting slapped.

Mr. Plow 09-29-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7952509)
Well the game is supposed to be played as a team with squads.

If you get killed from the bushes, you should go ahead and spot the player on your radar and tell your squad leader. Then your teammates can throw some nades in the bush OR you can call in an airstrike or artillery to take care of that. Playing BF as a lone wolf does NOT work well.

I've enjoyed both series thus far.

If I want to play a game of lonewolfing it and trying to kill other people without really putting much thought into what I'm doing.....it's COD all the way.

If I want to play a game with a bit more strategy & teamwork, BF.

Kraus 09-29-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 7952485)
This.

I've never played a BF game, but that shit could get real old real quick, if that's how this game is played.

There are always campers... even in COD. Just learn to get around them and knife them. I do it in both games. It's pretty easy when they group up and all look one direction.

I had 3 knife kills when I got around a group of snipers. They didn't even realize I was picking them off one by one. I would have gotten 4 of them, but surprisingly one got up and moved to the objective. He took two-shots in the back.

Pants 09-29-2011 10:50 AM

As far as BF vs COD games go, they're both awesome in terms of overall fun. COD is excellent in terms of crazy shit talking in the lobbies, having a good laugh talking with random people on your team and the super crisp combat. BF3 is much more team oriented and is much more methodical. It just seems like it's designed for a more mature audience.

I will say, however, that COD could never provide me with the adrenaline rush moments that a game of Rush in BF constantly does. BF also provides you with pure hilarity when you just completely outsmart an enemy team with your squad by giving you almost infinite freedom on the way you approach an objective on any given (huge) map.

Both games have their frustrations with campers, BF also has the completely unbalanced helicopters piloted by skilled individuals but that's neither here nor there.

Personally, I'm choosing BF over COD this year, unless the beta manages to somehow disappoint me completely. Hopefully I'll have a chance to get on tonight. /sigh

Kraus 09-29-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7952567)
As far as BF vs COD games go, they're both awesome in terms of overall fun. COD is excellent in terms of crazy shit talking in the lobbies, having a good laugh talking with random people on your team and the super crisp combat. BF3 is much more team oriented and is much more methodical. It just seems like it's designed for a more mature audience.

I will say, however, that COD could never provide me with the adrenaline rush moments that a game of Rush in BF constantly does. BF also provides you with pure hilarity when you just completely outsmart an enemy team with your squad by giving you almost infinite freedom on the way you approach an objective on any given (huge) map.

Both games have their frustrations with campers, BF also has the completely unbalanced helicopters piloted by skilled individuals but that's neither here nor there.

Personally, I'm choosing BF over COD this year, unless the beta manages to somehow disappoint me completely. Hopefully I'll have a chance to get on tonight. /sigh

I'll still be playing the hell out of both.... If I'm not playing Batman, Skyrim, or any of the other single player games also coming out this fall.

Pants 09-29-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7952570)
I'll still be playing the hell out of both.... If I'm not playing Batman, Skyrim, or any of the other single player games also coming out this fall.

Yeah, I'm probably going to from BF3 straight to TOR.

MoreLemonPledge 09-29-2011 12:41 PM

Downloading it now. Pretty ****ing excited.

WV 09-29-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7952526)
There are always campers... even in COD. Just learn to get around them and knife them. I do it in both games. It's pretty easy when they group up and all look one direction.

I had 3 knife kills when I got around a group of snipers. They didn't even realize I was picking them off one by one. I would have gotten 4 of them, but surprisingly one got up and moved to the objective. He took two-shots in the back.

Takes some getting used to in my 45 minutes of play today....not totally different than BC2, but very good. There is already a gap in players though, there was a level 21 on the other team I was playing today. That guy must have played that level non stop!

-King- 09-29-2011 12:48 PM

This game is full of nothing but campers.

So when in rome....

I started out horrible. Went 3-14 my first game, but after I switched to the sniper rifle and adopted the camping technique, I never had a round with under 20 kills. There are virtually no gun on gun battles in this game at all.

WV 09-29-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7952738)

So when in rome....

I started out horrible. Went 3-14 my first game, but after I switched to the sniper rifle and adopted the camping technique, I never had a round with under 20 kills. There are virtually no gun on gun battles in this game at all.

It tough to do that in the subway though. But you are right camping is rampant and it stands to reason in a new game.

loochy 09-29-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7952738)

So when in rome....

Are there no tanks or vehicles? Usually those would deter campers in BF2

Bambi 09-29-2011 01:25 PM

Been watching some live feed play from a bunch of COD type players.

They liked some things, didn't like others.

It doesn't help that they release one map with no vehicles and it plays VERY COD-like... That isn't BF style so its an odd mix to start out with.

Probably gonna download it when I get home.

Will our ranks/weapons and stuff carry over to the real game on the 25th or will everything be reset? Anyone know?