ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Okay, so you don't like Huard ... BUT (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=170717)

Silock 09-23-2007 06:06 PM

Okay, so you don't like Huard ... BUT

No, Huard isn't the future. No, he's not a great QB. He was terrible in the first half. He was good in the second half. Most importantly, though, he didn't throw a pick. Can you honestly say that Croyle would not have thrown a pick, either?

Croyle may or may not be the future. Hell, he may even be the future for this season. But when you bench Huard in favor of Croyle, you're also saying that you're okay with turning the ball over. When Croyle finally gets the start and has a 1 TD, 2 INT 170 yd day, I fully expect to see people clamoring for Huard.

Huard is old and broken. However, as long as we aren't out of the playoff race, it's best that we start him if we are, indeed, trying to win. Croyle showed in the preseason that he doesn't always make the best decisions. Huard may not be the greatest QB ever, but he manages the game pretty well.

If our run blocking were a little bit better, I don't think we'd even be having this discussion. You really want to start Croyle when LJ is getting less than 50 yards a game? I don't. That's a TON of pressure on a young QB. At least, not if we're still in it. When we're out of it, I don't really care what leads to us playing all the risky guys, because we need to see what those guys are made of.

pr_capone 09-23-2007 06:12 PM

The answer to the question in your sig is Silock.

Huard cannot and WILL not ever lead this team to a Super Bowl. That is the reason the game is even played... is it not? To win the Super Bowl.

By not starting Croyle ahead of Huard the organization is saying that mediocrity is acceptable.

I would 10 times rather develop a quarterback for the future who during his development throws interceptions as opposed to waste a season on a never-has-been quarterback who has only 2 more years of mediocre play left in him.

I was on the Huard bandwagon last year. Not so much this year.

Hootie 09-23-2007 06:13 PM

People on this board are stupid.

I made a poll the other day, and the majority of fans on this board would prefer a 3 win season with Croyle as opposed to a #6 seed in the playoffs with Huard.

Scorp 09-23-2007 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie
People on this board are stupid.

I made a poll the other day, and the majority of fans on this board would prefer a 3 win season with Croyle as opposed to a #6 seed in the playoffs with Huard.

Haha, does 1 and done mean anything to you?

banyon 09-23-2007 06:15 PM

We're going to have a top 10 draft pick, we need to know if we should spend that on a QB or not.

If we don't play Croyle, we don't know the answer.

Micjones 09-23-2007 06:16 PM

I think we'll see Solari open the offense a bit and we'll all be a bit more satisfied with Huard's performances. That's what happened last season remember? The offense was famished early on until Solari took the handcuffs off of this offense. From there Huard started making plays.

Planeteers are being a bit disingenuous.
I'd like to see Croyle myself, but only because he'd open up the offense with his arm.

He'd make a crap ton of mistakes that Huard isn't going to make regularly.

Silock 09-23-2007 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone
Huard cannot and WILL not ever lead this team to a Super Bowl.

Trent Dilfer has a ring. It can be done.

JuicesFlowing 09-23-2007 06:17 PM

I can't fathom what Croyle and Bowe will be doing together on Sundays ... We won't need fade passes anymore ... Send in an arm, and the defense won't put 10 guys in the box. Hmm, maybe it's worth a try??????????????????????????????????

cdcox 09-23-2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock
Most importantly, though, he didn't throw a pick. Can you honestly say that Croyle would not have thrown a pick, either?
But when you bench Huard in favor of Croyle, you're also saying that you're okay with turning the ball over.

The backward pass fumble was every bit as bad as an INT.

Huard had a TO today, and has in every game this season.

Silock 09-23-2007 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox
The backward pass fumble was every bit as bad as an INT.

Huard had a TO today, and has in every game this season.

How many do you think Croyle will have? I would bet that it's substantially more.

movinbones 09-23-2007 06:20 PM

You can't block 8 guys with 5. Therefore we will not have a running game with Huard as the starter.

blueballs 09-23-2007 06:20 PM

The Vikes pass d is suppose to suck
there were some pick-able passes by Huard
he throws 5 feet over the receiver's heads

Dartgod 09-23-2007 06:21 PM

Croyle could have done anything Damon did today...and more.

pr_capone 09-23-2007 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock
Trent Dilfer has a ring. It can be done.

They also had a killer D.

We have a D that lets a ROOKIE run for over 100 yards and catch nearly another 50.

We have a D that made Holcome look like a 2nd tier QB instead of the 2nd string QB he is.

We also have QB in Huard that is playing about as well as a post-concussion Trent Green.

Huard can only wish he were Trent Dilfer. The only way he will get a Superbowl ring is if he were to dig up Lamar Hunt and steal it off his finger.

ChiefsCountry 09-23-2007 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone
Huard can only wish he were Trent Dilfer. The only way he will get a Superbowl ring is if he were to dig up Lamar Hunt and steal it off his finger.

Or hold Brady's clipboard for him.