ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football clady's deal is done (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274530)

O.city 07-14-2013 08:41 PM

I don't know about that, seems low. I'd obviously sign him to that though.

BossChief 07-14-2013 08:44 PM

Yeah, right.

ChiefAshhole20 07-14-2013 08:49 PM

I'm not saying it is reliable or credible, but if it ends up being true, I get the credit :D

Also, if Albert agrees to that, we got a ****ing steal.

CoMoChief 07-14-2013 08:52 PM

Guys, this team is ready to win now. That's why Reid and Dorsey were hired.

A dominant Oline will do wonders for this team. There are very good players on this team that before you know it, will be on the downside of their careers with nothing to show for it.

A proven coach that wins. A change in atmosphere and personality on defense. Give out defense some rest with long drives that lead to scores, stop the turnovers...that shit is ****ing contagious. This team wil be a lot better....similar to when Marty first came over. We wont beat Denver, but we may contend for a WC if some things fall our way. This will be a readjustment year as most are w/ new coaches and QB etc. As the season goes a long they'll gel and get better. By next season everyone will know the playbook and whats expected from one another in meetings etc. I think next season is when Manning breaks down and we take advantage and take over division crown and make a deep run in the playoffs.

Ace Gunner 07-14-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9812597)
Why is that?
The fastest blitzer in the league goes over the RT the majority of the Time IIRC.
Do sacks not count on that side?

strong side gets help from TE .. your consistent defensive pressure is designed to go after your blindside. gotta have your best there.

aturnis 07-14-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9812487)
He is as good.

B/c he is widely perceived as being as good.

DaneMcCloud 07-14-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9812416)
Why would he agree to less money than Clady got?

Albert's not a multiple Pro Bowler nor has he ever been an All Pro.

The love Albert receives in this forum is ridiculous and unwarranted. He's anywhere from the 11th to 14th best tackle in the league.

DaneMcCloud 07-14-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9812487)
He is as good.

Not even close, Dude.

His technique is just short of horrible. His footwork is average to below average. If it weren't for his strength and leverage, he'd be Damion SackIntosh.

DaneMcCloud 07-14-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9812552)
I can't believe some of you are fine letting a good player of ours walk over an insignificant amount just because we drafted an offensive tackle first overall.

If the market value for a quality left tackle is Cladys deal, sign Albert and focus on areas of need instead of creating more needs.

Why would you sign a nearly 29 year old tackle that to date, hasn't played at a Pro Bowl level, let alone All Pro level, to a similar contract as Clady?

No way. No ****ing way.

O.city 07-14-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9812694)
Not even close, Dude.

His technique is just short of horrible. His footwork is average to below average. If it weren't for his strength and leverage, he'd be Damion SackIntosh.

While I do agree that he isn't as good as Clady, does he not get any slack for the situation he's been in compared to Clady?

aturnis 07-14-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9812674)
strong side gets help from TE .. your consistent defensive pressure is designed to go after your blindside. gotta have your best there.

Duh. Of course that is how most teams scheme out of necessity, bit if you don't have to leave a TE in to help block, you can be much more versatile...

DaneMcCloud 07-14-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9812703)
While I do agree that he isn't as good as Clady, does he not get any slack for the situation he's been in compared to Clady?

What situation? Look at a guy like Will Shields. He blocked for Montana, Bono, Grbac, Gannon, Green, Huard and Croyle. Outside of his rookie year with Montana, not exactly the "Murderer's Row" of QB's. Yet he went to 13 Pro Bowls and he's a Hall of Famer in waiting.

Albert's just a guy. Hell, at this point, he's not even a John Alt, let alone a Ryan Clady.

O.city 07-14-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9812713)
What situation? Look at a guy like Will Shields. He blocked for Montana, Bono, Grbac, Gannon, Green, Huard and Croyle. Outside of his rookie year with Montana, not exactly the "Murderer's Row" of QB's. Yet he went to 13 Pro Bowls and he's a Hall of Famer in waiting.

Albert's just a guy. Hell, at this point, he's not even a John Alt, let alone a Ryan Clady.

Well, I was referring to the coaching staff and general organizational structure since he's been here.

Albert will never be confused for a HOF'er thats for sure, I'm not arguing that.

But I don't know how much structure and teaching the guy has got from actual credible coaching.

DaneMcCloud 07-14-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9812718)
Well, I was referring to the coaching staff and general organizational structure since he's been here.

Albert will never be confused for a HOF'er thats for sure, I'm not arguing that.

But I don't know how much structure and teaching the guy has got from actual credible coaching.

At this point, it's irrelevant. The guy is nearly 29 years old and hasn't even come close to his potential. Find me a 33 year old starting left tackle in this league and I'll show you that guy is on his last legs, getting his QB killed while said team looks to the upcoming draft/free agency period.

If Albert's signed, it should be a small deal for no more than 3 years, tops.

He's a stop gap.

O.city 07-14-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9812731)
At this point, it's irrelevant. The guy is nearly 29 years old and hasn't even come close to his potential. Find me a 33 year old starting left tackle in this league and I'll show you that guy is on his last legs, getting his QB killed while said team looks to the upcoming draft/free agency period.

If Albert's signed, it should be a small deal for no more than 3 years, tops.

He's a stop gap.

If thats the case, I would rather not pay him what we're paying him this year frankly.

They should have just traded him during the draft.