ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Unreal. Fear Factor being sued. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107868)

KingPriest2 01-06-2005 11:14 AM

Unreal. Fear Factor being sued.

Entertainment - Reuters TV

NBC's 'Fear Factor' Sued for Rat-Eating Episode

Wed Jan 5, 4:03 PM ET Entertainment - Reuters TV

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Watching contestants eat dead rats on NBC's gross-out stunt show "Fear Factor" so disgusted a Cleveland man that he has sued NBC for $2.5 million, saying he could not stomach what he saw.

In a handwritten four-page lawsuit filed in federal court in Cleveland on Tuesday, paralegal Austin Aitken said, "To have the individuals on the show eat (yes) and drink dead rats was crazy and from a viewer's point of view made me throw-up as well an another in the house at the same time."

His suit added, "NBC is sending the wrong message to its TV watchers that cash can make or have people do just about anything beyond reasoning (sic) and in most cases against their will."

He said the show caused his blood pressure to rise so high that he became dizzy and light-headed, and when he ran away to his room, he bumped his head into the doorway.

In a brief telephone interview with Reuters, Aitken said, "I am not at liberty to discuss the complaint unless it is a paid-interview situation."

A spokesman for "Fear Factor" said the show would have no comment until it sees a copy of the complaint. The spokesman said the program did feature an rat-eating scene in New York's Times Square on Nov. 8.

Over the years, contestants on the program have eaten some weird things, including ground-up spiders and live worms.

Reuters/VNU

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Idiots like this make me pissed off.

MichaelH 01-06-2005 11:15 AM

Sounds like he was too lazy to get off the remote and change the channel.

Sydd 01-06-2005 11:16 AM

His TV was stuck on that channel?

He is just looking for a buck.

HC_Chief 01-06-2005 11:17 AM

Not only should the suit be thrown out, the attourneys filing suit should be disbarred and the plaintiff should be imprisoned for a year in a maximum security prison... forced to choke down more than rats.

Dartgod 01-06-2005 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
Wow... so nasty, he couldn't even bother to operate the remote.

Well, he DID turn to the show in the first place.

People like this should be jailed for being so fucking stupid.

Saulbadguy 01-06-2005 11:18 AM

It'll get tossed out.

KingPriest2 01-06-2005 11:18 AM

In a brief telephone interview with Reuters, Aitken said, "I am not at liberty to discuss the complaint unless it is a paid-interview situation."

ROFL

Whatever.

Phobia 01-06-2005 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
It'll get tossed out.

Not good enough. It needs tossed out and somebody needs to die and be eaten on fear factor.

Sydd 01-06-2005 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Not good enough. It needs tossed out and somebody needs to die and be eaten on fear factor.

"Tonight on Fear Factor.... Celebrity Models and Human Cannibalism!!!!"

Nightfyre 01-06-2005 11:37 AM

I wouldnt mind seeing Shanahan being eaten and drank on national television....

Bob Dole 01-06-2005 11:39 AM

Bob Dole just wants to know what law firm this dipshit works for so he can avoid hiring them for anything.

Swanman 01-06-2005 11:40 AM

$2.5 million would buy an awful lot of remotes so that dipshit could change the channel.

If I was NBC, I would definitely counter-sue because that lawsuit is beyond frivolous. Even if they don't win the countersuit, they can bankrupt the assbag with lawyer fees to defend himself.

Sydd 01-06-2005 11:42 AM

I don't watch fear factor much, but isn't there some kind of disclaimer at the begining of the show? Crap like this lawsuit means that it will be shown after every commercial now.

Bearcat 01-06-2005 11:44 AM

[insert Orange Bowl halftime show joke here]

PHOG 01-06-2005 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPriest2

He said the show caused his blood pressure to rise so high that he became dizzy and light-headed, and when he ran away to his room, he bumped his head into the doorway.

:rolleyes: :shake:

ROFL