ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Do you approve how Clark is handling (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268340)

MahiMike 01-01-2013 08:43 PM

I don't care if it costs Clark $100 million to get rid of Scott. Just do it.

LiveSteam 01-01-2013 08:44 PM

I haven't approved of anything the Hunts have done in a decade or more. I hate the name Clark Hunt like I hate the name Jerry Jones

randy1986 01-01-2013 08:49 PM

Nope. Scott Pisoli should be gone. I've already vowed that I will not renew season tickets, and I will not set foot inside Arrowhead until that ****tard is gone.

DaneMcCloud 01-01-2013 09:12 PM

JFC.

A football forum filled with people that have absolutely no idea about football operations.

:facepalm:

Clark has made the correct decisions this week. He fired Crennel. Pioli is powerless and hanging in limbo. He's neutered him. Pioli can't leave and he can't stay. Pioli has ruined his franchise, angered his fan base and yet Clark is on the hook for a reported $7.5 million dollars. Clark is not taking Pioli's actions lightly and the entire league is watching.

Clark stated that HE will interview and hire the head football coach, who will report DIRECTLY to him. That's huge news and falls directly in line with his stated goal in 2009 of emulating franchises like the Giants and Steelers. The GM in Pittsburgh doesn't hire head coaches, he provides the personnel, PERIOD. Cowher had at least two different GM's during his tenure (possibly three, my memory is fading). The Rooney family hires the coach.

I expect Clark to interview a shit ton of candidates because this will be his first time hiring a head coach. I imagine that unlike 2009, when I railed on his ass for not performing his proper Due Diligence in regards to Pioli, Haley and staff (Give me a ****ing break - Clancy Pendergast was the "Best" defensive coordinator in the country available? Bull ****ing Shit), he'll be methodical and precise.

Will Clark hire the best guy? Who knows? But I like the fact that he's taken the bull by the horns and wants to get this "right". No more bullshit, no more turning over the franchise to a "Guru", etc.

If Clark makes a mistake with his head coaching and personnel hires, I'll call him on it. But I'm inclined to give the man a chance to correct his earlier mistakes. So far, I like what I'm hearing.

chiefzilla1501 01-01-2013 09:13 PM

Yes. I approve so far. But the job isn't done. He has plenty of chances to fail. He laid out a specific blueprint for structural change. He put it all out on the line. I'm not going to say that worked or didn't work based on 2 days after the end of the season when NO coach or gm has yet been hired. He at least deserves time to let this thing play out.

Hammock Parties 01-01-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9266247)
Clark has made the correct decisions this week.

http://i.imgur.com/7O2xh.jpg

BigMeatballDave 01-01-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9266151)
I don't care if it costs Clark $100 million to get rid of Scott. Just do it.

LMAO

Sure, it's not your money.

BigMeatballDave 01-01-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9266260)

ROFL

Raiderhater 01-01-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9266247)
JFC.

A football forum filled with people that have absolutely no idea about football operations.

:facepalm:

Clark has made the correct decisions this week. He fired Crennel. Pioli is powerless and hanging in limbo. He's neutered him. Pioli can't leave and he can't stay. Pioli has ruined his franchise, angered his fan base and yet Clark is on the hook for a reported $7.5 million dollars. Clark is not taking Pioli's actions lightly and the entire league is watching.

Clark stated that HE will interview and hire the head football coach, who will report DIRECTLY to him. That's huge news and falls directly in line with his stated goal in 2009 of emulating franchises like the Giants and Steelers. The GM in Pittsburgh doesn't hire head coaches, he provides the personnel, PERIOD. Cowher had at least two different GM's during his tenure (possibly three, my memory is fading). The Rooney family hires the coach.

I expect Clark to interview a shit ton of candidates because this will be his first time hiring a head coach. I imagine that unlike 2009, when I railed on his ass for not performing his proper Due Diligence in regards to Pioli, Haley and staff (Give me a ****ing break - Clancy Pendergast was the "Best" defensive coordinator in the country available? Bull ****ing Shit), he'll be methodical and precise.

Will Clark hire the best guy? Who knows? But I like the fact that he's taken the bull by the horns and wants to get this "right". No more bullshit, no more turning over the franchise to a "Guru", etc.

If Clark makes a mistake with his head coaching and personnel hires, I'll call him on it. But I'm inclined to give the man a chance to correct his earlier mistakes. So far, I like what I'm hearing.

Couldn't agree more.

DaneMcCloud 01-01-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9266260)

He hasn't?

Hammock Parties 01-01-2013 09:21 PM

The dog is expressing my shock of your Clark Hunt approval.

randy1986 01-01-2013 09:22 PM

Someone just told that dog that Pisoli hasn't been shitcanned yet. ROFL

DaneMcCloud 01-01-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9266292)
The dog is expressing my shock of your Clark Hunt approval.

As you know, I've been extremely critical of Clark in the past. He's said one thing ("I want to emulate Pittsburgh") but did another (hire Pioli to run his franchise).

I, like anyone and everyone else, have absolutely no idea if he's equipped to run the franchise and make the right decisions (Mike Brown, anyone?). But I like the fact that he's going for it, which shows me that he's taking it personally.

IMO, now is not the time to criticize him. Let him do his thing. I'm just glad that he's finally taking control, which is pretty much the first time a Hunt has been personally involved since the early 60's.

DaneMcCloud 01-01-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randy1986 (Post 9266299)
Someone just told that dog that Pisoli hasn't been shitcanned yet. ROFL

Pioli may currently be collecting a paycheck but anyone with any brain cells realizes he's been castrated.

Hammock Parties 01-01-2013 09:30 PM

I agree completely Dane.