ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2011-2012 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243389)

Lzen 11-14-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8109872)
I don’t really get all the griping about this year’s team. We may not have the depth we had in recent years, but where has that gotten us? UConn won the whole thing last year with one star player and some good role-players. You’d think that everyone that complained about managing so many egos, too many player combinations early leading to a lack of chemistry late, and playing guys like Brady and Tyrel for 30 minutes a game would be loving this year’s team. Depth is extremely overrated, and yet KU fans are moping and calling it quits before the season even starts just because of that.

KU fans are fickle like that. Didn't you know?

Reerun_KC 11-14-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8109865)
It doesn't upset me. When you make an incredibly ignorant post, I can laugh at it, can't I?

Of course you didn't mean we had a "very weak" talent pool, seems you rarely really mean what you say.

:spock:

LOL

We do have a very weak talent pool with it comes to over all depth... I would say this is the shallowest team in Bill Selfs tenure so far.

Will it improve over the year? Most likely. Always has.

Reerun_KC 11-14-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

I don’t really get all the griping about this year’s team. We may not have the depth we had in recent years, but where has that gotten us? UConn won the whole thing last year with one star player and some good role-players. You’d think that everyone that complained about managing so many egos, too many player combinations early leading to a lack of chemistry late, and playing guys like Brady and Tyrel for 30 minutes a game would be loving this year’s team. Depth is extremely overrated, and yet KU fans are moping and calling it quits before the season even starts just because of that.

Really, I havent heard many calling it quits...

Bambi 11-14-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

yep. If this team wins it will be because of Tyshawn Taylor and T Rob.

Depth is very overrated when it comes to CBB.

sedated 11-14-2011 11:07 AM

Something I was thinking about last week – this is an experienced team, just not on together. Because of so many redshirt guys and transfers, we only have one player with less than 2 years of overall college experience – Tharpe. Here’s a breakdown of overall years on college:

Taylor: 4
Elijah: 3
Tharpe: 1
Teahan: 5
Releford: 4
Robinson: 3
Young: 3
Withey: 3
Wesley: 3

And while 5 of those guys lost a year of playing time due to redshirts, they were still in the weight room, participating in meetings, practicing, and playing pick-up games against other division 1 talent.

Pants 11-14-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8109883)
:spock:

LOL

We do have a very weak talent pool with it comes to over all depth... I would say this is the shallowest team in Bill Selfs tenure so far.

Will it improve over the year? Most likely. Always has.

How many teams do you think have a better roster than Kansas? I'm just wondering how far down from the "weak", "not very strong", "strong" and "very strong" talent pool teams we are.

Reerun_KC 11-14-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8109915)
Something I was thinking about last week – this is an experienced team, just not on together. Because of so many redshirt guys and transfers, we only have one player with less than 2 years of overall college experience – Tharpe. Here’s a breakdown of overall years on college:

Taylor: 4
Elijah: 3
Tharpe: 1
Teahan: 5
Releford: 4
Robinson: 3
Young: 3
Withey: 3
Wesley: 3

And while 5 of those guys lost a year of playing time due to redshirts, they were still in the weight room, participating in meetings, practicing, and playing pick-up games against other division 1 talent.

Thanks for the update.

sedated 11-14-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8109921)
Thanks for the update.

sorry for trying to look at the positives.

Reerun_KC 11-14-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8109981)
sorry for trying to look at the positives.

No worries.

That information was much appreciated.

Its a new season how can one not be positive and/or excited?

Pants 11-14-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8109992)
No worries.

That information was much appreciated.

Its a new season how can one not be positive and/or excited?

You're not going to offer the analysis I asked for? :(

Reerun_KC 11-14-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8110038)
You're not going to offer the analysis I asked for? :(

Yeah in a few. I am figthing the flu today and neck deep in 2012 budget numbers.

Be patient.

cdirty 11-14-2011 12:07 PM

next monday gonna be a long day of fun sports watching.

Mr. Plow 11-14-2011 12:26 PM

Man, I forgot about the late start time next Monday. Might have to take the next day off of work.

Pants 11-14-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8110050)
Yeah in a few. I am figthing the flu today and neck deep in 2012 budget numbers.

Be patient.

I'll save you the time. There are probably 10 rosters better than ours in the whole country. Our talent pool is superior to 95% of all other teams in the country, to call it "very weak" is just ludicrous.

sedated 11-14-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdirty (Post 8110107)
next monday gonna be a long day of fun sports watching.

yup, got the next day off. I'm considering taking the 23rd off and just having a nice, long week of beer and Maui basketball.