ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The case for Nick Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270213)

Messier 02-21-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9422597)
How so?

He had good to respectable completion percentage. And then I just have to go with the two games I watch live, despite what a train wreck the Eagles were, I came away impressed. I remember being angry and jealous that Reid seem to always find a QB

warpaint* 02-21-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9422597)
How so?

He's young enough maybe he can be developed. I don't see it but it isn't completely out of the question.

He just to me looks like another prototypical size and strength guy that in reality can't play. But he's also only 24 so we'll see.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-21-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9422544)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Foles does nothing for me.

Frankly I think he's garbage.

yep.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 02-21-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9422619)
He had good to respectable completion percentage. And then I just have to go with the two games I watch live, despite what a train wreck the Eagles were, I came away impressed. I remember being angry and jealous that Reid seem to always find a QB

Thats what bothers me actually. He had Reid for a year, so IMO, thats about as good as his accuracy can get.

I just don't think a QB with accuracy problems ever comes out of that, and I'm tired of having a QB with accuracy concerns.

Messier 02-21-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9422680)
Thats what bothers me actually. He had Reid for a year, so IMO, thats about as good as his accuracy can get.

I just don't think a QB with accuracy problems ever comes out of that, and I'm tired of having a QB with accuracy concerns.

You think the first seven starts of his rookie season, on a team that basically already tanked, is as good as he'll get? I hope if we draft Geno, and he struggles you don't say, well, that's what he is.

O.city 02-21-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9422694)
You think the first seven starts of his rookie season, on a team that basically already tanked, is as good as he'll get? I hope if we draft Geno, and he struggles you don't say, well, that's what he is.

Yeah, cause thats what I said.

Generally, guys who have accuracy problems, always have accuracy problems. It can be improved with footwork and mechanics, but not a whole lot.

He can improve in terms of his mental ability etc, but as far as accuracy, I'm not sure.

Messier 02-21-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9422707)
Yeah, cause thats what I said.

Generally, guys who have accuracy problems, always have accuracy problems. It can be improved with footwork and mechanics, but not a whole lot.

He can improve in terms of his mental ability etc, but as far as accuracy, I'm not sure.

And I say what a accuracy problems? A clip of him overthrowing a receiver? His CP was not bad at all.

O.city 02-21-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9422717)
And I say what a accuracy problems? A clip of him overthrowing a receiver? His CP was not bad at all.

Obviously you are a little biased on this, because you like Foles this much. But he had accuracy problems coming out of college and he had bad down field accuracy last year. Outside of 15 yards, his accuracy wasnt' very good.

You don't have to get so defensive on the matter. I watched alot of him coming out last year, cause I thought he Chiefs might draft him.

Rausch 02-21-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9422736)
Obviously you are a little biased on this, because you like Foles this much. But he had accuracy problems coming out of college and he had bad down field accuracy last year. Outside of 15 yards, his accuracy wasnt' very good.

He has the measurables HC's dream about but his accuracy is ass...

Messier 02-21-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9422736)

You don't have to get so defensive on the matter. I watched alot of him coming out last year, cause I thought he Chiefs might draft him.

Alright. I'm sorry about the defensive stuff. Its Not even that I love Foles, I get more defensive with what seems like players getting dismissed because they aren't Geno Smith. I think some here are being unfair to the new regime, that if they don't see Geno as the answer, or think there's more than one way to solve the QN situation, that they're SP RC 2.0.

I didnt think much of Foles coming out, but his play, in what I consider almost a no win situation last year impressed me.

O.city 02-21-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9422767)
Alright. I'm sorry about the defensive stuff. Its Not even that I love Foles, I get more defensive with what seems like players getting dismissed because they aren't Geno Smith. I think some here are being unfair to the new regime, that if they don't see Geno as the answer, or think there's more than one way to solve the QN situation, that they're SP RC 2.0.

I didnt think much of Foles coming out, but his play, in what I consider almost a no win situation last year impressed me.

Thats fine. But it's not just Geno Smith. Yeah there are a few around here who are all Geno. But it's more the QB spot.

Getting a retread instead of drafting a QB in the first round like we've always talked about on there have some people pretty pissed, which I can't say I don't understand either.

And if they do decide to go with Foles, there are some similarities to the Cassel situation. Not as much with the player, but the situation.

Rausch 02-21-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

After watching 3 QB's in a row with horrid accuracy I'm sure that's the one thing I'm looking for.

The team will make its decision but I want the most intelligent and accurate guy out there...

htismaqe 02-21-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9422630)
He's young enough maybe he can be developed. I don't see it but it isn't completely out of the question.

He just to me looks like another prototypical size and strength guy that in reality can't play. But he's also only 24 so we'll see.

His biggest problem is with his accuracy. That's either something you have or don't.

I don't see him getting a whole lot better.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

It's not unfair to the new regime. They just happen to be heading up the franchise that some of us have been following for 20-30 years.

It may not be fair but it's human nature - they now own the sins of the past, it comes with the job.

Messier 02-21-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9422828)
It's not unfair to the new regime. They just happen to be heading up the franchise that some of us have been following for 20-30 years.

It may not be fair but it's human nature - they now own the sins of the past, it comes with the job.

That's fine. I'm just not going to make them pay for the sins of the past before the season starts.