ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The case for Nick Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270213)

Messier 02-21-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9422820)
His biggest problem is with his accuracy. That's either something you have or don't.

I don't see him getting a whole lot better.

Back to defending Foles. He was 15th in the NFL in CP, on a crappy team with a crappy line. I think he can improve on that without a doubt.

O.city 02-21-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9422882)
Back to defending Foles. He was 15th in the NFL in CP, on a crappy team with a crappy line. I think he can improve on that without a doubt.

How does he get more accurate? Guys improve on that alot?

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9422889)

Accuracy is one of the more fixable aspects of a QB. Because it's using something with their motion that needs to be tweaked.

O.city 02-21-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9422896)
Accuracy is one of the more fixable aspects of a QB. Because it's using something with their motion that needs to be tweaked.

Thats just wrong. Muscle memory isn't an easy thing to fix at all. Sorry, but again thats wrong.

Messier 02-21-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9422889)

First off, again he wasn't bad at accuracy last year, and yes, he can get better.

DJ's left nut 02-21-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9422896)

This is a completely inaccurate statement, but that's par for the course for you.

Accuracy can be refined and improved slightly, but if you don't have the muscle-memory to perfectly replicate your throwing motion every time, you're not going to be an accurate passer.

Watch the Drew Brees sports science and you'll see what I mean. Every single time Drew Brees throws the football, his arm does the exact same thing. Meanwhile a guy like Foles does not. His muscle memory isn't that precise. Moreover, even if you do dink with his mechanics, as soon as the shit hits the fan his body will revert back to what it was originally trained to do and he'll end up going to his old mechanics under pressure and turning the ball over.

Accuracy is the single most difficult thing to find in a quarterback and it's the the most important innate skill for them to have. Decisionmaking can be taught and pocket awareness can be schemed around. If a quarterback isn't accurate, there's nothing you can do to hide it and there's little you can do to fix it.

O.city 02-21-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9422901)
First off, again he wasn't bad at accuracy last year, and yes, he can get better.

It's been shown that his down field average isnt' good and he has average accuracy in the intermediate zones and good accuracy underneath.

Coming out he was questioned about accuracy and decision making, which is what seemed to plague him last year.

I like DJ's examples on these things in using letter scales. Say he's a B- in regards to accuracy. He can get to a B, maybe even a B+, with mechanical overhauls etc. But he just can't get to an A.

Now not saying that he's a B-, just using that as a guide.

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9422912)
This is a completely inaccurate statement, but that's par for the course for you.

Accuracy can be refined and improved slightly, but if you don't have the muscle-memory to perfectly replicate your throwing motion every time, you're not going to be an accurate passer.

Watch the Drew Brees sports science and you'll see what I mean. Every single time Drew Brees throws the football, his arm does the exact same thing. Meanwhile a guy like Foles does not. His muscle memory isn't that precise. Moreover, even if you do dink with his mechanics, as soon as the shit hits the fan his body will revert back to what it was originally trained to do and he'll end up going to his old mechanics under pressure and turning the ball over.

Accuracy is the single most difficult thing to find in a quarterback and it's the the most important innate skill for them to have. Decisionmaking can be taught and pocket awareness can be schemed around. If a quarterback isn't accurate, there's nothing you can do to hide it and there's little you can do to fix it.

If you have little muscle memory, than of course you can fix it. Hence my comment about tweaking their motion. If they just throw like a kid with downs, then no it isn't easy to fix.

But typically accuracy, like with Foles or Tyler Wilson, it's just an inconsistency with their mechanics that they need to tweak. A good QB coach can fix that.

DJ's left nut 02-21-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9422921)
If you have little muscle memory, than of course you can fix it. Hence my comment about tweaking their motion. If they just throw like a kid with downs, then no it isn't easy to fix.

But typically accuracy, like with Foles or Tyler Wilson, it's just an inconsistency with their mechanics that they need to tweak. A good QB coach can fix that.

Yeah, because it happens all the time.

And no, muscle-memory is a talent, same as quick-twitch musculature and raw arm strength. You either have the physical talent to repeat your delivery or you don't.

If you have it, you'd have developed it by your senior year.

It's not just taught and history proves that.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9422843)
That's fine. I'm just not going to make them pay for the sins of the past before the season starts.

I wouldn't either if I could help it.

I'm just too jaded, unfortunately.

I'm done implicitly trusting anyone.

O.city 02-21-2013 01:43 PM

Kelly pretty much just put the Foles stuff to rest at the presser, so I think we can move on from that.

If you take him at his word of course.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9422901)

He was almost exactly AVERAGE last year. He was a solid "C+".

He can be a B-/B kind of guy. He will NEVER be an A. I want an A.

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9422927)
Yeah, because it happens all the time.

And no, muscle-memory is a talent, same as quick-twitch musculature and raw arm strength. You either have the physical talent to repeat your delivery or you don't.

If you have it, you'd have developed it by your senior year.

It's not just taught and history proves that.

Tyler Wilson had it. He just lost it when he was having to force balls playing for one of the most ****ed up teams in college football.

Foles will be great. Possibly better than Geno will ever be.

Deal with it, bro.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-21-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9422932)
Kelly pretty much just put the Foles stuff to rest at the presser, so I think we can move on from that.

thank you sweet God...
Posted via Mobile Device

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9422932)

No he didn't. He just knows how to raise a player's trade value.