ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Should the Chiefs shut down Flowers and Charles for the season? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=219917)

Mr. Laz 12-14-2009 06:07 PM

Should the Chiefs shut down Flowers and Charles for the season?

both are fighting shoulder injuries

imo shoulder injuries can turn chronic, especially for a RB

these last 3 games don't mean shit really

should the team put Flowers and Charles on IR to protect their long term health?

|Zach| 12-14-2009 06:09 PM

No, they are football players.

keg in kc 12-14-2009 06:10 PM

Depends on how serious the injuries are, which I don't know. I'd assume they'd already both be shut down and under the knife if the medical staff thought there were any potential long-term issues, so I'd say play them.

OnTheWarpath15 12-14-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6347058)
Depends on how serious the injuries are, which I don't know. I'd assume they'd already both be shut down and under the knife if the medical staff thought there were any potential long-term issues, so I'd say play them.

That's how I feel about it.

If there's any risk of this turning into something long-term, shut 'em down.

Thig Lyfe 12-14-2009 06:13 PM

I'd at least go easy on them, since they're about the only players worthy of staying around long-term.

Mr. Laz 12-14-2009 06:14 PM

Charles popped his shoulder out ... how can there not be a possibility of loosen the shoulder up and having chronic dislocation problems?

didn't Portis end up popping his shoulder out too many times so that he had to have surgery?

Hootie 12-14-2009 06:54 PM

and further piss off the fan base?

Genious.

Jordan 12-14-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 6347068)
Charles popped his shoulder out ... how can there not be a possibility of loosen the shoulder up and having chronic dislocation problems?

didn't Portis end up popping his shoulder out too many times so that he had to have surgery?

Charles MUST play...

...for me to win my FF playoffs.

In the real world, though, they should greatly consider shutting him down if that shoulder is even a bit suspect.

Simply Red 12-14-2009 07:02 PM

Stay down BITCHEZ! :shrug:

KCrockaholic 12-14-2009 07:05 PM

No. They both need to keep playing. Especially Charles.

Pablo 12-14-2009 07:09 PM

We should definitely sit Charles, seeing as how we're vying for the title of Single Most Incompetent Offense Ever Assembled. That oughta speed the process right along.

Fairplay 12-14-2009 07:11 PM

Good question Laz, i agree with postrockpablo on this one.

I doubt if it happens though.

Charles is our only RB worth a damn currently.

KCrockaholic 12-14-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 6347174)
Charles already has chronic dislocation problems, it's not going away.

I heard the announcers talking about this. I guess his shoulder pops out all the time. No biggie I guess... I've never had a shoulder pop out of place.

Ralphy Boy 12-14-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 6347174)
Charles already has chronic dislocation problems, it's not going away.

But it can get worse.

We have a real good idea what we have in both of them and if they are playing hurt more than they are letting on, or more than the staff is willing to acknowledge, we'll be asking for trouble next year. How often do you find out later about an injury from the prior year that never really healed and they guy ends up missing games the next season? Fairly f@cking often.

We are not going to the playoffs and we suck. Time to see if the people playing behind them have anything to offer. If its just the typical nagging injuries, then sure keep them playing because this is football and injuries are part of the deal, you just don't screw up next season because of it.

KCbroncoHATER 12-14-2009 07:33 PM

Heck let's just bench all the starters and play backups.

That worked out well for ratface when he benched Plummer so Cutler could get a jump on the next season didn't it?

Charles wanted to start over LJ, make him play.