ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Elections Debate question (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=192589)

HonestChieffan 09-26-2008 06:46 AM

Debate question
 
If McCain stays on the job and helps work out the right way to proceed in Washington, will Obama take each issue as planned and just take both sides? He seems very capable of doing that.

Ultra Peanut 09-26-2008 06:48 AM

Quote:

If McCain stays on the job and helps work out the right way to proceed in Washington
Barging in to break up the agreement while committing to no plan in particular and offering no new ideas or insight is definitely the Wildcard's way of getting things done in Washington.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWW

HonestChieffan 09-26-2008 06:52 AM

Breaking up an agreement? If it had been agreed on, how would one guy do that? Seems that the "agreement" was not agreed to at all...just a proposal...one of many...and the issue is not breaking up an agreement as much as seeking the right thing to do. The only ones who seem to feel they need to have a hissy fit are Barney "give me the money" Frank and a few other idiots.

Ultra Peanut 09-26-2008 07:00 AM

He charges in, emboldens the splinter Free Marketeers, and we get... this. Meanwhile, he plays both sides and pretends to be helping.

"I'm helping! I'm helping!"

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2...22/Bizarro.jpg

HonestChieffan 09-26-2008 07:03 AM

So you would prefer a bad deal?

penchief 09-26-2008 07:09 AM

McCain is grandstanding and putting politics first. If he had wanted to be bipartisan he would have agreed to make the joint statement with Obama outlining the major points that both agreed on. Instead he decided to pull another political stunt at the expense of the country's well-being.

How else do you explain the 180 degree turn he did on the issue?

One day he hadn't even read the three-page Paulson Plan and couldn't even give a reasoned response to a reporter's question and the next day he's the most important person in the process.

One day he chides democrats by stating that his vote shouldn't matter when asked by a reporter how he would vote if his vote made the difference, and the next day his presence is so important that he's throwing a monkey wrench into both the bailout process and the presidential campaign.

How do the reports that McCain was the stupidest person at that meeting while saying absolutely nothing of substance jibe with the campaign's narrative that he is going to save the day? Can you say, "contrived?" It's shameful the way the republican party plays politics with a crisis and it's disheartening the way the corporate media and the sheep within the republican party play along.

It's not country first for McCain. It's so obvious that it is "campaign first." And all of you McCainbots are more than willing to turn off your bullshit meters to ensure that we get more of the same destructive leadership that has ****ed this country up.

Thank you very much for your contribution.

tiptap 09-26-2008 07:13 AM

Why must I entertain the hypothetical? I can wait to see how each man works through this. It will give a reading.

HonestChieffan 09-26-2008 07:14 AM

It is grandstanding to return to his job and deal with what Obama has called the greatest crisis since the great depression? Is that grandstanding any more than Obama refusing to go back and help out is just his normal act of voting "present"?

KC Jones 09-26-2008 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 5054862)
If McCain stays on the job and helps work out the right way to proceed in Washington, will Obama take each issue as planned and just take both sides? He seems very capable of doing that.

We all see things through our personal filters and bias, but this is ****ing absurd. You can't really be so dumb as to think McCain's return to Washinton was 'staying on the job' and that it helped at all. It was a campaign stunt. He was sliding in the polls and he's exhausted just about everything except the Revered Wright commercials (those are being saved I'm sure for the home stretch). So, he tries to paint Obama into a corner and get his VP candidate out of a debate. If Obama also suspends he's following McCain's lead but if Obama doesn't he's 'putting politics first'. It was a bullshit move and a campaign stunt. The democrats have behaved in kind by blaming the deal falling apart on McCain.

Messier 09-26-2008 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 5054892)
It is grandstanding to return to his job and deal with what Obama has called the greatest crisis since the great depression? Is that grandstanding any more than Obama refusing to go back and help out is just his normal act of voting "present"?

Well first he didn't "rush" to Washington. He took his sweet time going more than 24 hours after he said he's suspending his campaign, which he didn't do, to deal with the crisis. Once there he sat in on a photo op, the same one Obama was at, where everyone else seemed angry because they thought they were going to discuss the bailout, instead they sat there with the president having their pictures taken.

HonestChieffan 09-26-2008 07:32 AM

so if all he did was sit in an angry photo op, how did he single handedly derail the so called agreement?

tiptap 09-26-2008 07:39 AM

He brought up the alternate plan from the House Republican Members. That plus the political candidates themselves introduced cover and suspicion rather than resolution.

penchief 09-26-2008 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 5054892)
It is grandstanding to return to his job and deal with what Obama has called the greatest crisis since the great depression? Is that grandstanding any more than Obama refusing to go back and help out is just his normal act of voting "present"?

It's grandstanding when it is disingenous. And his behavior for the first several days of the crisis are what proves it is disingenous.

While Obama immediately recognized that the problem was serious and put forth the conditions he felt were important, McCain started out by saying that the fundamentals of the economy are strong. He then tried to cover his ass by saying that by "fundamentals," he meant "worker." Which was clearly bullshit and everybody knew it.

He then decided that the president should fire the head of the SEC. When he found out that the president didn't have that power he said that the head of the FEC (Federal Elections Commission) should resign.

Once he figured out how stupid he sounded by calling for the resignation of the head of the FEC, he decided that the solution was to put together a "blue ribbon panel" to study the problem. Does it sound like he gets it yet?

Then he attacks the NY Times for reporting that his campaign chairman had received over two million dollars from Freddie and Fannie as a lobbyist. Which was true but McCain lied about it.

Then on Tuesday, he tells a reporter that he hasn't even read the Paulson Plan and that his vote shouldn't matter to getting a deal done.

Only after he realized how stupid his comments made him look, and that it was further discovered that his campaign chairman was still collecting $1500 per month as a hedge for access to McCain, and that he was sliding in the polls did John McCain decide that a giant diversion was necessary.

If his presence in the senate were so important he would have been present to vote on something in the past five months instead of nothing. All he did was interject his own campaign interests into the delicate discussions that were taking place. And even republicans are saying that he hasn't been helpful.

It's another stunt. And he's changed the topic from his inability to grasp economic issues, his campaign chairman's ties to lobbying for Wall Street, and his slide in the polls by grandstanding and ultimately putting his campaign before his country.

But you go ahead and lap it up because that's what you're supposed to do.

LOCOChief 09-26-2008 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penchief (Post 5054887)
McCain is grandstanding and putting politics first. If he had wanted to be bipartisan he would have agreed to make the joint statement with Obama outlining the major points that both agreed on. Instead he decided to pull another political stunt at the expense of the country's well-being.

How else do you explain the 180 degree turn he did on the issue?

One day he hadn't even read the three-page Paulson Plan and couldn't even give a reasoned response to a reporter's question and the next day he's the most important person in the process.

One day he chides democrats by stating that his vote shouldn't matter when asked by a reporter how he would vote if his vote made the difference, and the next day his presence is so important that he's throwing a monkey wrench into both the bailout process and the presidential campaign.

How do the reports that McCain was the stupidest person at that meeting while saying absolutely nothing of substance jibe with the campaign's narrative that he is going to save the day? Can you say, "contrived?" It's shameful the way the republican party plays politics with a crisis and it's disheartening the way the corporate media and the sheep within the republican party play along.

It's not country first for McCain. It's so obvious that it is "campaign first." And all of you McCainbots are more than willing to turn off your bullshit meters to ensure that we get more of the same destructive leadership that has ****ed this country up.

Thank you very much for your contribution.

you actually believe Harry Reid?

HonestChieffan 09-26-2008 07:45 AM

Can we get a Barney Frank qoute as well?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.