ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So, how do you guys react if the Walrus waits to pick a QB until later rounds (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268599)

RealSNR 01-07-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9294054)
Who is the BAA?

MANTI TE'O

Errp uhh...

Barrett Jones?

splatbass 01-07-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9293568)
because other teams can draft and play rookies, but no us...

Do you want to win, or do you just want to emulate other teams?

If we win I don't give a shit if it is like other teams or not. As long as we win.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9294107)
Do you want to win, or do you just want to emulate other teams?

If we win I don't give a shit if it is like other teams or not. As long as we win.

Those other teams are winning. Take a look at the rosters of the playoff teams.

If you think this is about anything OTHER than winning, you haven't been paying attention.

el borracho 01-07-2013 08:23 PM

If we pass on a QB in the first round I will probably have an atypically bad initial reaction. Depending on Reid's solution to the problem, I may get over it. If we somehow do not draft a QB in the first three rounds, I will not even watch the games (just as I didn't bother watching the games this year).

splatbass 01-07-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9294125)
Those other teams are winning. Take a look at the rosters of the playoff teams.

If you think this is about anything OTHER than winning, you haven't been paying attention.

It seems like TC and some others are jealous of what other teams are doing and want to emulate them exactly. That is fine, but frankly I don't care how we win as long as we win. If we do it with a 1st RD pick or we do it with a 6th RD like Brady what the **** does it matter?

Reid has a good history with QBs. I trust him to get the right one, however he chooses to do it. I don't need to try to be like the cool kids. I just want to win.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9294193)
It seems like TC and some others are jealous of what other teams are doing and want to emulate them exactly. That is fine, but frankly I don't care how we win as long as we win. If we do it with a 1st RD pick or we do it with a 6th RD like Brady what the **** does it matter?

Reid has a good history with QBs. I trust him to get the right one, however he chooses to do it. I don't need to try to be like the cool kids. I just want to win.

The thing is, winning with a 6th rounder like Brady is a once-in-a-generation occurrence.

Why do we want to draft a QB? Because history tells us it gives us the highest probability of WINNING.

Flachief58 01-07-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9293478)
How many of you who think Clark hired the right guy will be spitting nails if the Walrus waits until round 2-3 to draft a QB? How many will be shouting you stupid M -F? How many will want his head on a stick?

I trust him a lot more than I would if pioli were making that pick

splatbass 01-07-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9294233)
The thing is, winning with a 6th rounder like Brady is a once-in-a-generation occurrence.

Why do we want to draft a QB? Because history tells us it gives us the highest probability of WINNING.

I would like for us to draft a 1st RD QB. But I trust Reid to find QB and as long as he wins I don't care where he gets the QB. It isn't about the process for me, it is about the RESULT.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9294282)
I would like for us to draft a 1st RD QB. But I trust Reid to find QB and as long as he wins I don't care where he gets the QB. It isn't about the process for me, it is about the RESULT.

The ONLY reason it's about the process for me is because recent NFL history is undeniable. Chiefs history is undeniable.

The way to win is to get the QB, period. Doing anything else is just fighting a an uphill battle.

splatbass 01-07-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9294332)
The ONLY reason it's about the process for me is because recent NFL history is undeniable. Chiefs history is undeniable.

The way to win is to get the QB, period. Doing anything else is just fighting a an uphill battle.

Yes, the way to win is to get the QB. How you get that QB isn't as important as getting him to me. Clearly it is to you.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9294477)
Yes, the way to win is to get the QB. How you get that QB isn't as important as getting him to me. Clearly it is to you.

Tom Brady happens once in, well...FOREVER.

It absolutely matters how you get your QB.

splatbass 01-07-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9294516)
Tom Brady happens once in, well...FOREVER.

It absolutely matters how you get your QB.

No, it doesn't. As long as you get the QB you need. Taking an inferior QB in the first round just because you desperately want a first round QB when you can get a better one another way just wouldn't make sense (not saying that is the way it will be, this is a hypothetical).

For some of you it is about the process - being like the cool kids - instead of the result.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9294550)
No, it doesn't. As long as you get the QB you need. Taking an inferior QB in the first round just because you desperately want a first round QB when you can get a better one another way just wouldn't make sense (not saying that is the way it will be, this is a hypothetical).

For some of you it is about the process - being like the cool kids - instead of the result.

Yeah, you just like to act like a ****ing girl as usual.

****ing "cool kids" bush league bullshit.

Should have known you were baiting. Grow up.

The Rick 01-07-2013 09:26 PM

In The Walrus I Trust.

Seriously, it feels so good to have a legit coach and what looks like it will be a legit front office and coaching staff, not to mention an owner who decided after last season's abomination that he (and we) deserved better and went in to beast mode, that I'm ready to give them all the benefit of the doubt for a couple of years.

Red Dawg 01-07-2013 09:31 PM

Tajh boyd is this years russell wilson. Snatch him in the third if he declares. I still hope for geno.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.