ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid on Mike & Mike (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268707)

ChiefRocka 01-10-2013 08:35 AM

Andy Reid on Mike & Mike

Sorry if repost...

You definitely can hear real excitement in his voice. When asked about the QB situation he said he needs to first evaluate the talent on offense and determine the best path forward for the current "very young" players. Young guys have seen nothing consistent on offense during their short careers. At that time, he will determine whether to draft, trade for, acquire his QB. Says he loves Mike Vick as a person and as a football player.

My gut says hes absolutely coming here, just dont know in what role. I would be OK with it as long as we draft a QB at #1.

loochy 01-10-2013 08:38 AM

Q

:D

Edit:
OK, merged so disregard the Q

Gravedigger 01-10-2013 08:38 AM

http://cdn16.castfire.com/audio/303/...831318&s=5L8r1

bevischief 01-10-2013 08:39 AM

R

bsp4444 01-10-2013 08:48 AM

Andy's sure making the media tour. I love it. Puts us a bit more on the map.

DaWolf 01-10-2013 08:50 AM

I doubt Vick comes here. Andy loves everyone. Remember, he and Scott were best friends...

EagleRob 01-10-2013 09:06 AM

Andy stresses taking care of the football. Vick didn't take care of the football - Poor O-line or not. Reid praising someone is more about compassion and personality characteristics than skills. He will also call someone "a heck of a football player" or "a heck of a (fill in the blank)". If that statement comes from Reid it may sound positive but has a negative connotation. Jeff Lurie was a heck of an owner. Scott Pioli was a heck of a GM. Mick Vick was a heck of a QB. You may as well replace "heck" with "hack". Now that you know that verbal transformation, listen with a different ear when he says it. It's a bigger thing when he chuckles while saying it. "We've got a heck of a level talent at our QB position with the guys already here (heh heh)". I'm shocked he gets away with it and people still see it as either being genuinely complimentary or acrimonious.

Chiefshrink 01-10-2013 09:11 AM

Let's face it, even an aged beat up Vick would be a helluva a lot more entertaining to watch than what we have now and with the potential to score at any time. And now that he would have a decent O-line in front of him he would be less inclined to turn it over and get hurt. Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind until our QBOTF is groomed enough to take over.

Rasputin 01-10-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9302488)
Andy stresses taking care of the football. Vick didn't take care of the football - Poor O-line or not. Reid praising someone is more about compassion and personality characteristics than skills. He will also call someone "a heck of a football player" or "a heck of a (fill in the blank)". If that statement comes from Reid it may sound positive but has a negative connotation. Jeff Lurie was a heck of an owner. Scott ***** was a heck of a GM. Mick Vick was a heck of a QB. You may as well replace "heck" with "hack".

Andy Reid isn't the type of guy to throw anyone under the bus. Unlike Herm Edwards who can't get over himself on ESPN what a joke.

I believe what you say is true & I'm not worried about MV as long as we draft first a QB with our top pick.

Chiefshrink 01-10-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Andy stresses taking care of the football. Vick didn't take care of the football - Poor O-line or not. Reid praising someone is more about compassion and personality characteristics than skills. He will also call someone "a heck of a football player" or "a heck of a (fill in the blank)". If that statement comes from Reid it may sound positive but has a negative connotation. Jeff Lurie was a heck of an owner. Scott ***** was a heck of a GM. Mick Vick was a heck of a QB. You may as well replace "heck" with "hack". Now that you know that verbal transformation, listen with a different ear when he says it. It's a bigger thing when he chuckles while saying it. "We've got a heck of a level talent at our QB position with the guys already here (heh heh)". I'm shocked he gets away with it and people still see it as either being genuinely complimentary or acrimonious.

Totally get your point ! BUT Rob we have suffered with Cassel/Quinn is why anything would be better than these two.

BigMeatballDave 01-10-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Andy stresses taking care of the football. Vick didn't take care of the football

:clap: Good-bye Matt Cassel!

EagleRob 01-10-2013 09:19 AM

My read this past week is he's going after a QB in that spot Tattoo. No worries at all. It may be Geno, it may not be Geno though. He will look at tape on twenty guys. He will narrow the field to three or four, evaluate them at Senior Bowl (if applicable), personal interviews, the Combine, and private workouts. He will even bring them in to meet other team members but not tip his hand publicly one iota. You will get your QB. It may or may not be the one everyone wants, but it will be the "right guy" who he feels will work best in his system, be a good leader, be a coachable player, and fit all of the following: clean criminal and work ethic history, good student, tall enough to see downfield, strong enough arm to throw the out and the deep ball, sees the whole field, makes good decisions. The ironic thing is the video everyone keeps posting about Geno Smith - all I see there is a QB heaving a deep ball into triple coverage and getting bailed out by his WR actually making the catch. Hope that's not the video Andy is looking at.

EagleRob 01-10-2013 09:23 AM

(and someone already called me out for Vick not having a clean criminal record, I know...but that was a special case where the signing was low risk / low cost, the talent was high, and the individual had matured and paid his societal debt).

ChiefRocka 01-10-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9302516)
My read this past week is he's going after a QB in that spot Tattoo. No worries at all. It may be Geno, it may not be Geno though. He will look at tape on twenty guys. He will narrow the field to three or four, evaluate them at Senior Bowl (if applicable), personal interviews, the Combine, and private workouts. He will even bring them in to meet other team members but not tip his hand publicly one iota. You will get your QB. It may or may not be the one everyone wants, but it will be the "right guy" who he feels will work best in his system, be a good leader, be a coachable player, and fit all of the following: clean criminal and work ethic history, good student, tall enough to see downfield, strong enough arm to throw the out and the deep ball, sees the whole field, makes good decisions. The ironic thing is the video everyone keeps posting about Geno Smith - all I see there is a QB heaving a deep ball into triple coverage and getting bailed out by his WR actually making the catch. Hope that's not the video Andy is looking at.

What's most impressive about that play was his willingness to attempt that throw from the endzone. Reminds me very much of the Eli to Manningham connection against the Patsies in the SB. NFL caliber WR's should make that catch if the DB doesn't make a great play on it.

Just give me a confident, smart QB.

People blasted Geno for his antics at Yankee stadium. I just saw a guy that was pissed at his performance and knew he could do better. That's what you have to see from a competitor, not this head hanging dbag that jumps into a mosh pit after a TD and the crowd separates as he crashes to the ground BS.

Molitoth 01-10-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

The ironic thing is the video everyone keeps posting about Geno Smith - all I see there is a QB heaving a deep ball into triple coverage and getting bailed out by his WR actually making the catch
That ball couldn't have been placed much better imo, damn skippy that ball should've been caught, especially by NFL talent receivers.