ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs’ full-squad training camp to start July 26 in St. Joseph (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273889)

Tribal Warfare 06-17-2013 07:42 PM

Chiefs’ full-squad training camp to start July 26 in St. Joseph

Chiefs’ full-squad training camp to start July 26 in St. Joseph
By Roy COTITZ
The Kansas City Star
The Chiefs announced Monday they will officially kick off training camp under new head coach Andy Reid on Friday, July 26 at Missouri Western State University in St. Joseph.

And Reid apparently likes to get up early.

All practices will begin at 8:15 a.m., except the opening practice on July 26, which will start at 3:30 p.m. All full-squad practices through the final day of camp on Aug. 14 will be open to the public.

This will be the Chiefs’ fourth year at Missouri Western. During the club’s first three seasons in St. Joseph, the Chiefs conducted mid-morning walkthroughs followed by 3:20 p.m. practices. Reid’s walkthroughs, which are closed to the public and reporters, will be in the afternoons.

The opening practice on July 26 will feature a full-team autograph session following the session, and Missouri Western will charge a $5 admission except for children 3 and under.

Unless otherwise noted, all outdoor training camp practices will be free of charge, though Missouri Western will charge a $5 parking fee per vehicle per day. Groups of players will sign autographs after each practice.

Practices conducted indoors due to inclement weather will not be open to the public.

The Chiefs’ annual Family Fun Day will be held at 8:15 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 3. Admission will be free, and the entire team will be available to sign autographs following practice.

Chiefs rookies and quarterbacks will report on Monday, July 22 and go through practices on July 23-24 that will be closed to the public.

There will be no practices on July 31, Aug. 7-8 and Aug. 10.

The first preseason game will be on Aug. 9 at New Orleans, and the first home preseason game will be Aug. 16 against San Francisco.

Quote:

Chiefs training camp schedule

• Monday, July 22: Report Day for rookies & QBs, closed to public

• Tuesday, July 23: Practice for rookies & QBs, 8:45 a.m., closed to public

• Wednesday, July 24: Practice for rookies & QBs, 8:45 a.m, closed to public

• Thursday, July 25: Full-squad report day

• Friday, July 26: Practice, 3:30 p.m. ($5 admission fee; entire team autograph session)

• Saturday, July 27: Practice, 8:15 a.m.

• Sunday, July 28: Practice, 8:15 a.m.

• Monday, July 29: Practice, 8:15 a.m.

• Tuesday, July 30: Practice, 8:15 a.m.

• Wednesday, July 31: No practice

• Thursday, Aug. 1: Practice, 8:15 a.m.

• Friday, Aug. 2: Practice, 8:15 a.m.

• Saturday, Aug. 3: Practice, 8:15 a.m. (“American Family” Fun Day, entire team autograph session)

• Sunday, Aug. 4: Practice, 8:15 a.m.

• Monday, Aug. 5: Practice, 8:15 a.m.

• Tuesday, Aug. 6: Practice, 8:15 a.m.

• Wednesday, Aug. 7: No practice

• Thursday, Aug. 8: Travel day, no practice

• Friday, Aug. 9: Preseason game one: Chiefs at Saints, 7 p.m.

• Saturday, Aug. 10: No practice

• Sunday, Aug. 11: Practice, 8:15 a.m.

• Monday, Aug. 12: Practice, 8:15 a.m.

• Tuesday, Aug. 13: Practice, 8:15 a.m.

• Wednesday, Aug. 14: Practice, 8:15 a.m.

• Thursday, Aug. 15: Chiefs break camp in St. Joseph

• Friday, Aug. 16: Preseason game two: 49ers at Chiefs, 7 p.m.

kcxiv 06-17-2013 07:44 PM

i like that early practice time. Try to beat the heat.

Mr_Tomahawk 06-17-2013 08:53 PM

Byler Tray

007 06-17-2013 08:56 PM

Morning practice is awesome. Love it.. NO more melting in the stands watching.

Titty Meat 06-17-2013 09:20 PM

Avoiding the heat will give the Reid haters some ammunition

milkman 06-17-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9758418)
Avoiding the heat will give the Reid haters some ammunition

Don't think so.

O.city 06-17-2013 09:33 PM

Letting them off early already, early practice avoiding the heat.

Club Reid begins right off the bat.

ptlyon 06-17-2013 09:42 PM

I'm waiting with hated breath on Teichers fluff articles

chiefs1111 06-17-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9758474)
I'm waiting with hated breath on Teichers fluff articles

First Teicher headline from Training Camp : Chiefs want to score more points than their opponent.

ptlyon 06-17-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs1111 (Post 9758484)
First Teicher headline from Training Camp : Chiefs want to score more points than their opponent.

At least Reid has brought that novel concept with him

-King- 06-17-2013 10:26 PM

No evening practices. That's good. It's ****ing scorching up there in late July/early August. I know the players are happy. And we don't have to see Andy Reid suffer a heat stroke now.

BryanBusby 06-17-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs1111 (Post 9758484)

Romeo: "**** that's what we were suppose to do?!?"
Herm: "That's arena league!"

themanwithnoname 06-17-2013 10:42 PM

Wow, I will very likely not be going this year then. Even Saturday is at 8:15, that's pretty ridiculous as that's the family day. I get not having them in the middle of the scorching afternoon (although I don't think its that damn bad) but 8 is just too early for people that have to travel.

Hell, I could understand putting an advisory that if its a blistering hot day they'll go indoor or have a short practice or change the time, but every single day?

I'd consider that Friday one but will they even be in pads? That'll be packed as hell too. I liked going on one of the middle days where they're not as sloppy as at first but not tired and dogging it.

Forgot, I go with other people, and that time is likely going to make going for several people difficult if not impossible.

Bummer, I was looking forward to seeing what a real training camp is like. The ones the past few years I thought were a joke. I think maybe 2010 wasn't too bad but the other two years, especially last year were pathetic. It was like watching a shitty high school team practice.

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 10:44 PM

WHO CARES? SEASON IS ALREADY OVER!

-King- 06-17-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themanwithnoname (Post 9758580)
Wow, I will very likely not be going this year then. Even Saturday is at 8:15, that's pretty ridiculous as that's the family day. I get not having them in the middle of the scorching afternoon (although I don't think its that damn bad) but 8 is just too early for people that have to travel.

Hell, I could understand putting an advisory that if its a blistering hot day they'll go indoor or have a short practice or change the time, but every single day?

I'd consider that Friday one but will they even be in pads? That'll be packed as hell too. I liked going on one of the middle days where they're not as sloppy as at first but not tired and dogging it.

Forgot, I go with other people, and that time is likely going to make going for several people difficult if not impossible.

Bummer, I was looking forward to seeing what a real training camp is like. The ones the past few years I thought were a joke. I think maybe 2010 wasn't too bad but the other two years, especially last year were pathetic. It was like watching a shitty high school team practice.

Yeah, I wanted to go to a couple this year too. I just don't know if I want to make an hour drive that early in the morning for training camp.

I'll really try to make it to at least one though. I want to see what a training camp ran by a real coach looks like.