ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Uh oh, Dr Z ABSOLUTELY RIPS APART Trent Green (and BBQ!)... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=17303)

DaWolf 06-14-2001 11:00 AM

Uh oh, Dr Z ABSOLUTELY RIPS APART Trent Green (and BBQ!)...

From the "I need some controversial statement ripping KC to generate discussion" department. Where was this comment on Trent Green when I needed it before the draft to discuss with Lamb fans why a first rounder is too much compensation? :)

Quote:

From Tim of K.C.: "Suddenly all you beat writers seem to think that Elvis Grbac is the best thing to happen to the Ravens ... " I don't like to be addressed as "all you ... " How'd you like it if I said, "Well, all you BBQ eaters ... ?" Personally, I think BBQ is overrated. Take away sugar, and your barbecue would go poof. We seem to be straying. Oh yes, another thing. I'm not a beat writer. I'm a ... a ... (what am I, Linda?) "A beat-nik," she says. See what happens when you get started on an idiot topic? I haven't written a word about Elvis in Baltimore. I will now. Here it is: IMPROVEMENT . Trent Green in K.C.? He was kind of exposed when he had to carry the load in St. Louis. Not able to make the quick decisions or quick deliveries that Warner did. Who can? But still, a bit of the luster is off.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...8/drz_mailbag/

keg in kc 06-14-2001 11:09 AM

If that's absolutely ripping apart Trent Green, then I must have drawn and quartered the poor guy and sent his parts to the four corners of the globe prior to the trade.

If that's the best "Dr. Zzzzzzz" can do, he needs to find another line of work.

We'll see what happens in September. I'll just say for now that I like the Green signing a whole lot better than I thought I would, though I remain a skeptic until I see the final product on the field.

HC_Chief 06-14-2001 11:11 AM

Well, he does have a pont in regards to Grbac in Baltimore. He <i>is</i> an improvement over Dilfer.

His BBQ take was subjective and weak at best. "Take away sugar and..."? Apparently knows nothing of BBQ sauce.

Quote:

He was kind of exposed when he had to carry the load in St. Louis. Not able to make the quick decisions or quick deliveries that Warner did. Who can? But still, a bit of the luster is off.
This shows his complete ignorance. Trent Green performaed <i>brilliantly</i> in place of Warner last season. The numbers prove it. No QB performed better in the NFC - INCLUDING Warner.

:)

DaWolf 06-14-2001 11:12 AM

Sorry about the title, I was just trying to sensationalize it to seem like more than it actually is... :)

MrBlond 06-14-2001 11:12 AM

I can handle criticism of Green, but BBQ? Dr Z is nothing but a damn communist! He obviously has not eaten at Arthur Bryants. I gaurentdamntee you will never hear Peter King badmouth BBQ. This proves a theory I have...fat guys love BBQ.

keg in kc 06-14-2001 11:14 AM

You may be right, Mr. Blond. I'm a fat guy and I certainly love BBQ. ;)

MrBlond 06-14-2001 11:19 AM

That theory is just based on me. I also think that fat guys love to watch tennis only when Anna plays!

Warrior5 06-14-2001 11:20 AM

"Dr" Z is probably...

a skinny communist who's a closet donkey-fan.

DaWolf 06-14-2001 12:01 PM

I dunno, 16 TD's to 5 INT's vs Warner's 20 TD's to 18 INT's seem to indicate to me Warner had more problems finding the right guy. Also it should be noted that over a 4 game stretch he played without Faulk in 2 of them, and overall in those 4 games Faulk had just 17 rushes for 60 yards, so teams were not worried about the ground game. Also in those 4 games he played against Carolina, New York, Washington, and New Orleans, all of which had pretty good defenses.

His record wasn't helped by the defense...

HC_Chief 06-14-2001 01:11 PM

Here's the response I sent to Zimmerman...

Quote:

"He was kind of exposed when he had to carry the load in St. Louis. Not able to make the quick decisions or quick deliveries that Warner did. Who can? But still, a bit of the luster is off."(in regards to Trent Green -obviously-)

I find your ignorance in this statement quite disturbing. For a professional 'beat writer' ;), you sure do jump to quick conclusions w/o doing any research first. FYI: Green attempted 240 passes in 8 games last season(5 starts). He completed 145 for ~61% comp and nearly 2100 yards. Passed for 16TDs, rushed for 1; threw a mere 5 INTs. That equates to a 102 QB rating. Brian Griese was the only QB in the LEAGUE to surpass that: 103 rating. (Warner had a 98 rating)

Perhaps you'd like some tasty Arthur Bryants' BBQ sauce -fresh from lovely KC- to smother your foot; next time you insert it, it won't leave such a sour taste.
Punisher - Green completed 61% of his passes & had a 3 to 1 TD/INT ratio. 102 rating was second in the NFL. What, exactly, does it take to impress you?

Clint in Wichita 06-14-2001 01:21 PM

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that Grbac is an upgrade over Dilfer.

Had KC signed Dilfer instead of Green, I'd still be happier than I was with Hrbac at the helm.

jAZ 06-14-2001 02:27 PM

I think it is interesting how vocal people are now that Green is on the "right" team. At the time that we were negotiating a trade, no one was bragging about Green and his performace last season.

The arguments being made here today were the same one's StLouis management were using to justify a #1 and #3 pick.

Don't get me wrong, I think we are headed in the right direction; I am just amused.

HC_Chief 06-14-2001 02:28 PM

actually pappa, I was all over the Green wagon back in those days. I can bring the old topics back up if you wanna see 'em ;)

58Forever 06-14-2001 03:04 PM

I too wanted Green from the start...as a matter of fact, before Grfu*k left I kind of had the feeling we'd end up with Green even if Gras*hole wanted to stay...

I loved Grbitch but I like Green better. He seems much smarter, but then again, I could say the same thing about a Rotwieller when compared to Grcoc*sucker....can you tell I don't like Gr**** anymore?

As far as the BBQ comment goes...where is this guy based?...probably in some eastern seaboard town where there version of BBQ is a pan fried steak with spicy Hunts Ketchup on it....talk about my QB, my team, my mother but don't mess with my BBQ...fat man working on being thin but will never give up my BBQ...:D

Baby Lee 06-14-2001 05:05 PM

Quote:

a skinny communist who's a closet donkey-fan.
You ever seen the 'closet donkey fan' shows in Tijuana?