ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid Hired Son To KC Staff (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268800)

Mr. Laz 01-12-2013 01:12 PM

Andy Reid Hired Son To KC Staff

Andy Reid hires son Britt Reid onto Kansas City Chiefs staff

http://media.nj.com/avatars/10515944.pngBy Eliot Shorr-Parks, NJ.com
on January 12, 2013 at 12:59 PM

While the Eagles are busy searching for their next head coach, Andy Reid has been busy filling out his coaching staff down in Kansas City- including one interesting hire that has now become official.
Britt Reid, son of Andy Reid, has been hired by the Chiefs as a quality control coach. As a quality control coach with the team, Britt will likely be responsible for breaking down film of future opponents and analyzing data.
The decision to bring on his son Britt will likely raise some eyebrows. Garrett Reid, Andy Reid's other son, was working with the team's strength and conditioning coaches when he passed away last year due to an overdose in the Lehigh dorm rooms. Reid has since been criticized by some for bringing Garrett around the team given his history with drugs. Viles of steroids along with needles were found in the room that Garrett was staying in.
Both Britt and Garrett were arrested in 2007 due to separate traffic incidents that involved drug charges. Britt has been working on the Temple University football staff.
In addition to Britt Reid, Andy Reid is also bringing Tommy Brasher with him to Kansas City. Brasher stepped in for Jim Washburn when he was fired last season. The defensive line, after struggling most of the season, played much better under Brasher.
Follow Eliot Shorr-Parks on Twitter at @EliotShorrParks

chiefzilla1501 01-12-2013 01:14 PM

Hope the kid's ready for it. That is a brutal, brutal job and he has to have his shit completely together.

ChiefMojo 01-12-2013 01:17 PM

Dad now has his boy busy and under his watch. Sure his late son was a S&C staffer for the Eagles but doubt he is going to be as busy as the younger one.

Rasputin 01-12-2013 01:17 PM

Good for the Coach and his son and I think for the Chiefs. I don't have any problem with this hire.

HolyHat 01-12-2013 01:18 PM

I had a similar job when my uncle was a coach for the Jaguars a few years back. Very brutal job.

chiefzilla1501 01-12-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9308131)
Good for the Coach and his son and I think for the Chiefs. I don't have any problem with this hire.

We have to see. The job requires an unbelievable amount of organization and the tolerance to work 100 hour weeks. I have a problem with the hire if they don't absolutely believe he can do both those things. Maybe he can, but when hiring family members, you always wonder if they got the guy best qualified for the job.

HolyHat 01-12-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9308138)
We have to see. The job requires an unbelievable amount of organization and the tolerance to work 100 hour weeks. I have a problem with the hire if they don't absolutely believe he can do both those things. Maybe he can, but when hiring family members, you always wonder if they got the guy best qualified for the job.

The thing with this job is you have multiple people doing the same thing, watching the same tape. Then they all go into meetings with the assistant head coach to go over all the notes they took. Even if he isnt the most qualified for the job, he is surrounded by people that are.

Rasputin 01-12-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9308138)

If the kid takes the work mentality that his dad has. I have no doubt that the kid will work hard to do a good job. We will have to see how it works out who knows?

BigRedChief 01-12-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9308147)
If the kid takes the work mentality that his dad has. I have no doubt that the kid will work hard to do a good job. We will have to see how it works out who knows?

How do you know he will do a good job?

I don't know him or the other son's work ethic that died. Maybe he is totally different.

Either way, for me at least, dont care. I'm giving Reid alot of leeway to put together the staff he wants. I will wait till at least the first season is played before I start trashing his staffing decisions.

Chiefshrink 01-12-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9308145)
The thing with this job is you have multiple people doing the same thing, watching the same tape. Then they all go into meetings with the assistant head coach to go over all the notes they took. Even if he isnt the most qualified for the job, he is surrounded by people that are.

This ! Britt is taking an apprentice role here IMO and he will do a lot of work but it won't go unsupervised for sure.

KChiefer 01-12-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Which begs the question if there isn't someone else in that room that's more qualified having done this for a team other than the Temple Owls. At least it sounds like a job whose objectives are straightforward as long as you put in the time and LOVE numbers and video editing.

Rasputin 01-12-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9308161)
How do you know he will do a good job?

I don't know him or the other son's work ethic that died. Maybe he is totally different.

Either way, for me at least, dont care. I'm giving Reid alot of leeway to put together the staff he wants. I will wait till at least the first season is played before I start trashing his staffing decisions.

What I am saying is if the kid puts in the same tipe of work mentality as in time and dedication that his dad puts into coaching then I think he will do a good job. Who knows tho? I don't know.

Discuss Thrower 01-12-2013 01:41 PM

Soooo is it impolite to ask him if I can borrow the Black Beauty and/or Kato?

Easy 6 01-12-2013 01:46 PM

Its an eyebrow raiser, but i have a hard time believing Dad is going to leave this to chance, he'll make sure the work is up to snuff.

chiefzilla1501 01-12-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Cool. Good to know. Then I'm happy for the kid.