ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Planet Store (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=145615)

Tribal Warfare 08-15-2006 01:22 AM

Chiefs Planet Store

I think we should reinstate this, because I think some of the guys would love a T-shirt or hat to show love and comradery to Chiefs Planet.

A poll is forthcoming

Logical 08-15-2006 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
I think we should reinstate this, because I think some of the guys would love a T-shirt or hat to show love and comradery to Chiefs Planet.

A poll is forthcoming

Unless you are volunteering to handle it, inventory, distribution etc. I just have to say no. Pink and Phil were great to take care of this but I know it was a hassle. JMO

Tribal Warfare 08-15-2006 01:29 AM

I posted this because the new guys would love Chiefs Planet gear.

|Zach| 08-15-2006 01:32 AM

The folks that tried this took a bath.

It is easy to make a thread about and hard to do.

keg in kc 08-15-2006 01:32 AM

Logical's point is your answer.

It's not whether the community wants the store, it's whether anyone in the community wants to run it...

Tribal Warfare 08-15-2006 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
Logical's point is your answer.

It's not whether the community wants the store, it's whether anyone in the community wants to run it...

correct, but if we create another commitee concerning this it ccould workout to lessen, or even accreate the load

|Zach| 08-15-2006 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
correct, but if we create another commitee concerning this it ccould workout to lessen, or even accreate the load

So you are going to spread out the job of designing...ordering (with money) merchandise...processing orders...shipping to people...

Between multiple people in different places?

Tribal Warfare 08-15-2006 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
So you are going to spread out the job of designing...ordering (with money) merchandise...processing orders...shipping to people...

Between multiple people in different places?

That's the basis of a commitee

teedubya 08-15-2006 02:46 AM

PAIN IN THE ASS.

Tribal Warfare 08-15-2006 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ari Chi3fs
PAIN IN THE ASS.

I think the NEW guys would be thrilled about this idea, and that's the purpose of the Tech committee because it is a hassle to run Chiefs Planet

Otter 08-15-2006 03:02 AM

The website I help run uses cafepress.com for their distribution. I don't deal with that part so I don't want to make remarks on what it does and doesn't do but I know it takes out several steps in the marketing, selling and distribution of the products.

Might want to look into that before trying to run things on your own, if at all.

I'll warn you though; their hats are the big risers/truck driver hats.

Tribal Warfare 08-15-2006 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter
Might want to look into that before trying to run things on your own, if at all.

Thus the purpose of the committee

morphius 08-15-2006 05:42 AM

I don't see this happening anytime soon. Would it be cool, hell yeah, but at the same time, Phobia had to dump a lot of the Planet stuff because he was tired of holding onto the stuff that people said they would buy.

We stayed away from cafepress because we wanted a higher quality item, and the hats Phobia did are a lot better then some sort of image just put on a hat.

Maybe at some point this will happen, but I think now is still too early.

jspchief 08-15-2006 05:47 AM

It could be done, but it would require people to pay up front and then be patient about receiving their merchandise. After Phil took a hit, I don't see anyone else sticking their neck out by carrying an inventory.

If anything, a "once per year" sales drive might be the way to go. Everyone interested orders and pays up front, then the order is sent to the graphics company.

Phobia 08-15-2006 06:25 AM

Pay up front was the only way I would have considered it again. I didn't really "take a bath" but we didn't make anything either and with all the time my wife put into making that work and all the money we put up front we were entitled to putting a little in the bank, I think. People simply didn't order what they said they were going to order and I didn't have the time (nor the inclination) to chase them down.

Cafepress would work but they're expensive and they take almost all the money. I can't vouch for their quality either.