ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jersey question... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260382)

Chiefs Pantalones 06-10-2012 08:08 PM

Jersey question...

So I was looking at customized elite Nike jerseys and for some reason on nflshop.com they won't let me do a 16 Len Dawson jersey I'm assuming because of obvious reasons. But kcchiefs.com will let me according to it being in my shopping cart and not getting any denying notifications. Why is that?

Chiefs Pantalones 06-10-2012 08:10 PM

And I apologize I'm sure this question has been asked and answered before but yeah.

Okie_Apparition 06-10-2012 10:02 PM

Dawson preferred his Lemonade Kool-Aid be made with Arrowhead Water
Arrowhead Water 100% Mountain spring water

Chiefs Pantalones 06-10-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 8671785)
Dawson preferred his Lemonade Kool-Aid be made with Arrowhead Water
Arrowhead Water 100% Mountain spring water

Lol thanks I think...

Otis99 06-12-2012 10:24 AM

I went through something similar when I tried to order a #49 Richardson a couple years ago when T-Rich was still a Jet. He was always one of my favorite Chiefs, and I wanted a new jersey, figured I'd treat myself to one of those expensive authentic ones with the letters stitched on.

Got the same error you did, and called the 1-800 number for customer service (believe I was on nflshop.com). The agent told me that they have a couple of rules, one of which is relevant to what you went through.

Rule #1 - You can't get the jersey of a former player if that player is under contract by another team. I guess I kind of understand this, but it still pisses me off.

Rule #2 - You can't get the jersey of a former player that retires from the team they played for.

In other words: Now that T-Rich has retired, I could get the Chiefs jersey I wanted. However, if I was a Jets fan and he was my favorite player for them, I could NOT have a #49 Jets jersey made.

The same logic applies to any player that retires as a Chief. You can only buy retired player jerseys on special occasions, when they are put up for sale as their own pre-made item. This is great if you're a fan of a more popular player like Len Dawson, but that #22 Rashaan Shehee jersey you've always wanted isn't going to happen.

These rules are apparently set by the NFLPA as part of their contract with the league. So basically, take it up with them.

dmahurin 06-12-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8671682)
So I was looking at customized elite Nike jerseys and for some reason on nflshop.com they won't let me do a 16 Len Dawson jersey I'm assuming because of obvious reasons. But kcchiefs.com will let me according to it being in my shopping cart and not getting any denying notifications. Why is that?

Search http://www.aliexpress.com or a similar Chinese knock off site that sells authentic jerseys on the cheap.

The Poz 06-12-2012 12:43 PM

I just ordered a bunch for myself and friends from this site.

http://www.nbaatcheap.com/search/chiefs/

gblowfish 06-12-2012 01:16 PM

I asked for an #89 Otis Taylor. No problem. And if anybody should be in the HOF, it should be Taylor. He put Dawson in the hall.

007 06-12-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 8674481)
Search http://www.aliexpress.com or a similar Chinese knock off site that sells authentic jerseys on the cheap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poz (Post 8674767)
I just ordered a bunch for myself and friends from this site.

http://www.nbaatcheap.com/search/chiefs/

How is the quality of these places.

I see neither of them carry Delaney unfortunately.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-12-2012 03:13 PM

To answer your question, "Jersey Shore" sucks monkey-balls and anyone who watches those scungilli-eating ****lesticks and thier fat, unattractive, skeez-bag girlfriends should in fact be shot.

Hope this helps.

dmahurin 06-12-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8675119)
How is the quality of these places.

I see neither of them carry Delaney unfortunately.

I bought a Moustakas jersey from them and it's perfect. Only paid 30 bucks for it. It's just as good as an authentic jersey that would cost a lot more.

007 06-12-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 8675423)
I bought a Moustakas jersey from them and it's perfect. Only paid 30 bucks for it. It's just as good as an authentic jersey that would cost a lot more.

what about after washes. I have heard the chinese jerseys have a tendency to fade badly. Also, which seller did you use?

IratePrimate 06-12-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8675581)
what about after washes. I have heard the chinese jerseys have a tendency to fade badly. Also, which seller did you use?

I have 3 jerseys and no fade issues. Of course i don't wash the jersey after every use. Proabably after every third use or if of course when needed. I haven't noticed any fading of the jersey itself but i have noticed after a game my white under shirt had a slight pink to it.

I know the question wasn't directed to me but i wanted to add my two cents. I use yukijersey.com

cosmo20002 06-12-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otis99 (Post 8674427)
I went through something similar when I tried to order a #49 Richardson a couple years ago when T-Rich was still a Jet. He was always one of my favorite Chiefs, and I wanted a new jersey, figured I'd treat myself to one of those expensive authentic ones with the letters stitched on.

Got the same error you did, and called the 1-800 number for customer service (believe I was on nflshop.com). The agent told me that they have a couple of rules, one of which is relevant to what you went through.

Rule #1 - You can't get the jersey of a former player if that player is under contract by another team. I guess I kind of understand this, but it still pisses me off.

Rule #2 - You can't get the jersey of a former player that retires from the team they played for.

In other words: Now that T-Rich has retired, I could get the Chiefs jersey I wanted. However, if I was a Jets fan and he was my favorite player for them, I could NOT have a #49 Jets jersey made.

So a person couldn't get an Okoye jersey, or any player who's last team was the Chiefs? Montana 49ers jersey-yes Montana Chiefs - No?

Wonder if those ridiculous 1-day contracts players sign to retire with a certain team factors in.

On a side note, with those free jerseys the Chiefs are giving to season ticket holders, it says you can get whoever you want--former player, current, whoever.

Otis99 06-12-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 8675718)
On a side note, with those free jerseys the Chiefs are giving to season ticket holders, it says you can get whoever you want--former player, current, whoever.

Perhaps they changed the rules on that under the new NFLPA agreement last year. I thought it was unbelievably obtuse of them to prevent you from getting the jersey of a player that retired from your own team after they retired. I argued with the guy and his supervisor on the phone for a good ten minutes and while they were sympathetic to my predicament, there was nothing they could do - at the time.