ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Out of towners and Tailgating (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277107)

MMXcalibur 10-06-2013 07:35 PM

Out of towners and Tailgating

What's the protocol on this?

Me and my brother are driving in from Colorado Springs to see the game this Sunday vs Oakland and its his first time at Arrowhead. Me and the wife have gone before many times, but always grab Sonic or McDonalds before the game because we're a bit nervous on going up to the spread of a dedicated Chiefs fan and saying, "May we sample your wares?".

So, is there some unwritten rule on Out of Towners coming in, or do you need to know people ahead of time in order to get some of that BBQ goodness? :drool:

BlackHelicopters 10-06-2013 07:37 PM

Best to have a plan going in.

HonestChieffan 10-06-2013 07:44 PM

I did tailgating for 21 years. Im gonna bet someone here gets you an invite. Its the greatest place on earth. I miss it. Have a great time

Demonpenz 10-06-2013 08:09 PM

everyone has tons of food. If someone doesn't give food **** em. Worthless pricks can choke on santa's beard.

Ohmylord 10-11-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 10057284)

Me and my brother are driving in from Colorado Springs to see the game this Sunday vs Oakland and its his first time at Arrowhead. Me and the wife have gone before many times, but always grab Sonic or McDonalds before the game because we're a bit nervous on going up to the spread of a dedicated Chiefs fan and saying, "May we sample your wares?".

So, is there some unwritten rule on Out of Towners coming in, or do you need to know people ahead of time in order to get some of that BBQ goodness? :drool:

You can always find someone with extra food. Or, just stop at Gates or LC's on the way in and pick up your own BBQ. I'm pretty sure both open early, although LC's tends to be really slow.

On a side note, we are going to be in Colorado Springs on Sunday. Where's a good place to watch the game? I heard somewhere that some Chiefs fans gather at Kelly O'Brian's or BJ's.

Nzoner 10-11-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 10057284)

Reply in this thread http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...light=tailgate

InChiefsHeaven 10-11-2013 12:53 PM

I come in with a 12oz steak and eggs...not really much to share. But I've never heard of anyone not getting something to eat from somebody. Hell, at the Giants game a guy gave me a Bratwurst that he was particularly proud of, just because. Chiefs fans are the best at tailgating, no two ways about it.

ptlyon 10-11-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 10073097)
I come in with a 12oz steak and eggs...not really much to share. But I've never heard of anyone not getting something to eat from somebody. Hell, at the Giants game a guy gave me a Bratwurst that he was particularly proud of, just because. Chiefs fans are the best at tailgating, no two ways about it.

That wasn't bratwurst

bevischief 10-11-2013 12:57 PM

I brought food to cook and ended up at Luv's tailgate and brother ended up at another tailgate. We didn't cook the steaks we brought. We even had the fire going but only cooked the baked potatoes.

BlackHelicopters 10-11-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 10073097)

Funny. Lubed or unlubed?

ThaVirus 10-11-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 10073108)
That wasn't bratwurst

LMAO

Dayze 10-12-2013 01:30 PM

wear a shirt or sign that says something like "From Colorado Springs - My First Time at Arrowhead".

I've seen a guy/gal couple wearing them walking around near our tailgate and they basically ate and drank for free. Good people.

I'd say bring a good deal of beer and maybe barter for BBQ; between your first visit and beer for bartering, you should be good.

KCrockaholic 10-12-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohmylord (Post 10073003)
You can always find someone with extra food. Or, just stop at Gates or LC's on the way in and pick up your own BBQ. I'm pretty sure both open early, although LC's tends to be really slow.

On a side note, we are going to be in Colorado Springs on Sunday. Where's a good place to watch the game? I heard somewhere that some Chiefs fans gather at Kelly O'Brian's or BJ's.

There's a Mexican restaurant named Jose Muldoons. Full of Chiefs fans. That's the Chiefs fan hangout apparently.