ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ***Official Free Agency/Trade Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=180943)

htismaqe 02-29-2008 08:46 AM

So am I the only one that's glad the Chiefs haven't been in on alot of this?

Sounds like alot of picks and money being thrown around for guys that have BIG question marks.

htismaqe 02-29-2008 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz (Post 4607483)
Demorrio would be a decent pickup. Undersized. Went to Nebraska.

Might be a decent backup in the Cover2

The Bad Guy 02-29-2008 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 4607632)
Listening to radio in Philadelphia:

ASANTE SAMUELS to sign with the Eagles...as if living here and hating the Eagles weren't enough...

:cuss::cuss::cuss:

Complete stupidity.

The guy is a primary zone corner, who will now be asked to play m2m.

This also means that Lito is on the block, and the Chiefs better be interested.

Stryker 02-29-2008 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 4607650)

Actually Derrick Anderson is a free agent and I wish they would jump in on this - NOW!

Coogs 02-29-2008 08:52 AM

Quote:

Nope. I like the fact we are building this through the draft. The draft lasts more than 1 round, and we already have two drafts under Herm in. Those guys are now on the clock to perform. Tank, Turk, and Croyle to name the three big ones. Neiswanger and Taylor on the offensive line could factor in here as well. Throw in what is hopefully a good first day in the draft this year, and several of the 8 new starters could/should/will already be here. If not, we need to fire the drafting department, or the coaches who can not develop the players once they are here.

KevB 02-29-2008 08:54 AM

Quote:

Sounds like alot of picks and money being thrown around for guys that have BIG question marks.

I agree completely. You'd have to look at Rogers or Stroud, but 2nd round pick is too steep.

Mecca 02-29-2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 4607657)
Complete stupidity.

The guy is a primary zone corner, who will now be asked to play m2m.

This also means that Lito is on the block, and the Chiefs better be interested.

According to some Eagles fans, Lito's knee is shot and "expecting him to play more than 10 games would be a miracle" for the rest of his career.

I'd move on Stroud, he's a stud, no ifs ands or buts about that one.

The Bad Guy 02-29-2008 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4607687)
According to some Eagles fans, Lito's knee is shot and "expecting him to play more than 10 games would be a miracle" for the rest of his career.

Weird. All of my Eagles friends are pissed off about Samuel because it means losing Lito.

I'd move on both of them. They are young enough to really help for the long haul.

The Bad Guy 02-29-2008 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 4607661)
Actually Derrick Anderson is a free agent and I wish they would jump in on this - NOW!

So you want to give up the 5th pick and a 3rd for him?

I don't.

Zouk 02-29-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4607687)

There's a huge if. Serious leg problems that are making the Jags think he can't be a top-of-the-line player anymore.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3152012

Stroud, 29, has had chronic ankle problems in the past and during the offseason underwent microfracture surgery, a procedure typically used on knee injuries, to address the issue.

the Talking Can 02-29-2008 09:20 AM

Quote:

no, you're not....FA has got us nowhere....there will be FA's every year...

the Chiefs said they were going to cut vets, hoard draft picks, and play young guys...so far, they are doing just that and I'm glad...

we'll pick up some 2nd and 3rd tier guys later....

the only place I'd really care to get a FA is a #2/3 WR and an OG...

seriously, people are crying about not signing Faine? wake up people...

foxman 02-29-2008 09:24 AM

Redman Resigned FWIW with the Fal****s

and....
Quote:

February 29, 2008, 09:56
Buccaneers, Saints :: OL

Bucs Agree To Terms With C Faine
Stephen F. Holder, St. Petersburg Times - [Full Article]

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have wasted no time in addressing one of their biggest needs at the outset of the free-agent signing period. The Times has learned New Orleans free agent center Jeff Faine has agreed to a multi-year contract that will make him the league's highest-paid player at the position. Faine was expected to be one of the most intriguing offensive linemen on the market, which would explain why the Bucs are willing to open the coffers to sign him. The value of his deal will surpass those of Cleveland's LeCharles Bentley and Chicago's Olin Kreutz, currently the league's highest-paid centers.

The Bad Guy 02-29-2008 09:24 AM

The Chiefs have to spend wisely.

I'm not upset they haven't signed Faine, but they can't rely on a bunch of 3rd tier guys to fill crucial spots on this team.

There aren't enough draft picks to solidy the entire line, defensive tackle, cornerback and wide receiver.

They are going to have to spend it somewhere.

OnTheWarpath15 02-29-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4607716)
no, you're not....FA has got us nowhere....there will be FA's every year...

the Chiefs said they were going to cut vets, hoard draft picks, and play young guys...so far, they are doing just that and I'm glad...

we'll pick up some 2nd and 3rd tier guys later....

the only place I'd really care to get a FA is a #2/3 WR and an OG...

seriously, people are crying about not signing Faine? wake up people...

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not as upset about missing out on Faine as I am the process - which as I've said before - was probably to be expected. Guess I was just hoping things might be different this year.

That, and I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea of taking our best OL and moving him to center.

While we're at it, let's move Jared Allen to DT and Tony Gonzalez to FB.

2112 02-29-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 4607569)
The Jets should be doing the same thing the Chiefs are doing.

They gave up picks for a guy who needs as few distractions in his life as possible. Living in NYC, tempatation will be everywhere.

Faneca would have been better served going to the 49ers or Cardinals.

They tried that last year and got caught with there pants down. the Jets still have a lot of cap room, much more than the Chiefs, I believe. both lines are awful and the coach and GM's asses are on the line if they don't do well next year. Jenkins and Faneca were must pick ups to improve both lines.